And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
View attachment 27465

Seedings for next years CL group stages

Wow. Madrid won it how many times recently and top get top seeding?!

I mean they were awful last year. Just figured their coefficient would be higher.

Also note Ajax have to go through qualifying. Says it all about keeping money in the big league. Imo anyteam that qualifies and makes the quarters the previous year should have a boost. Ridiculous to think semi finals it's might not be here.

D

Deleted member 1740

Wow. Madrid won it how many times recently and top get top seeding?!

I mean they were awful last year. Just figured their coefficient would be higher.

Also note Ajax have to go through qualifying. Says it all about keeping money in the big league. Imo anyteam that qualifies and makes the quarters the previous year should have a boost. Ridiculous to think semi finals it's might not be here.

It's based on the co effecients of each countries performances in previous years and dutch teams have been poor in recent times.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It's based on the co effecients of each countries performances in previous years and dutch teams have been poor in recent times.
Yeah I get that fella. I just feel like they could write a rule in because Ajax could probably reach the semis every year, or Celtic for that matter and the rest of their leagues performances would still mean they’d need to qualify.

Before this years two finals we all knew the ramifications of if Chelsea/arsenal some for example and who’d then get extra spots. It’s not like it would happen often. But for arguments sake It could be that any team that reaches the final four is guaranteed automatic spot IF they’ve finished in a league position affording it. They could simply replace the team that finished 3rd that year in the lowest coefficient nation that has four spots. That team would then drop to play offs.

I mean, it’s never gonna happen because uefa would be too worried that a little Greek champions would do it and they’d be far less marketable than a team finishing 3rd in a major league.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
And surely that'll go on as its not a strong lead and with Ajax raking in CL money and huge transfer fees they'll get stronger to the detriment of the others. Who can really live with their spending power bar PSV and so like Scotland it's usually a two horse race isn't it

D

Deleted member 1740

I think it'll be less painful if Spurs win!

i) Mickey Quinn won't be on the radio
ii) The hordes of "reds" who have never been north of Oxford in their lives won't we running around saying "we did this, or weee did that!" No mate - you are just a hanger -on, there is no "we about it!" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (except maybe, my mate who was born in Swindon, but goes home and away with Liverpool every week!)

Actually, I can sit down and watch impartially and hope for a good game.... and, for what it is worth, the balance of my SkyBet account is on a Liverpool win! (in various combinations)

👏👏👏

Unfortunately, this win will only attract more cling ons who want to be part of the LFC football family. I seen it happen after Istanbul and even in Madrid some JCL's with dodgy yorkshire and southern accents, Plenty of melts with dodgy haircuts and six fingers on each hand. I wish they'd stay away and support their local teams like Rotherham/Grimsby/Bristol Rovers/Leyton Orient but thats not going to happen unfortunately.

At least now those with six fingers have a good use for 1 hand 😉

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
But aren't this cling-on fans the same with so many clubs, not only yours but Man Utd historically and now City and even the likes of Chelsea and Spurs seem to be getting them. No problem supporting a team from afar (although your local club could probably do with more loyal and regular supporters) but don't then jump on it as though you're a season ticket holder and follow home and away. Is this an English thing or do you think the other big clubs in Europe and abroad get it?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
In real time i thought it was a pen, after seeing the reply though its a very harsh penalty, bordering on farcical.

If VAR can't define that as the wrong decision then its a complete and utter waste of time.

I'm only glad we scored another.
Got to say am still unsure it was a ; clear) pen. If we got it i would think we were lucky. Against us i would be livid. But it was one if them that could of gone either way. It went the way it went and thats it. Liverpool took there chances and spurs didn't.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got to say am still unsure it was a ; clear) pen. If we got it i would think we were lucky. Against us i would be livid. But it was one if them that could of gone either way. It went the way it went and thats it. Liverpool took there chances and spurs didn't.
At least the decisions had been consistent as regards hand-ball and VAR through the CL this year.
Your last comment hits the nail on the head. You don't score, you don't win.

D

Deleted member 1740

But aren't this cling-on fans the same with so many clubs, not only yours but Man Utd historically and now City and even the likes of Chelsea and Spurs seem to be getting them. No problem supporting a team from afar (although your local club could probably do with more loyal and regular supporters) but don't then jump on it as though you're a season ticket holder and follow home and away. Is this an English thing or do you think the other big clubs in Europe and abroad get it?

The more successful the club, the more hangers on you accummalate.

I think its just and English thing. Also i understand why there's a lot of Irish fans who follow us through the irish players we've had. Bit like Yernited with NI fans and Best.

A match going mate of ours in the 80's headed to london for work and he ended up staying there and having kids. He wouldnt let his kids support liverpool because we weren't his local club. His lad has supported Spurs ever since.

How many times have you heard " i support Yernited because my grandad used to blah blah blah" .

Anyway, we've just won another European Cup with a german cheerleader 🍻

D

Deleted member 1740

If that pen goes against us i'd be fuming, That is not deliberate handball.

D

Deleted member 16999

Again a few divvies taking celebrations that step too far. Ruperts Tower is steeped in history in our great city and it doesn't need to have graffiti all over it.

Apparently a group of reds have already cleaned it up once.
Obviously a few divvies on both sides mate.
Just thought the article was food for thought.

D

Deleted member 15344

Again a few divvies taking celebrations that step too far. Ruperts Tower is steeped in history in our great city and it doesn't need to have graffiti all over it.

Apparently a group of reds have already cleaned it up once.

It’s happened again yesterday after it had been cleaned - not sure if that’s the third or second time

Twitter is full of the tit for tat at the moment - some of it funny banter which has always been around but some of the stuff is getting very nasty but it seems thats the younger generation now making the rivalry become more and more bitter and nasty - derbies used to be mixed and whilst full of banter it was never nasty , I was next to Everton fans at a couple of FA Cup finals and it was all good fun - but I don’t expect that could happen now

D

Deleted member 16999

It’s happened again yesterday after it had been cleaned - not sure if that’s the third or second time

Twitter is full of the tit for tat at the moment - some of it funny banter which has always been around but some of the stuff is getting very nasty but it seems thats the younger generation now making the rivalry become more and more bitter and nasty - derbies used to be mixed and whilst full of banter it was never nasty , I was next to Everton fans at a couple of FA Cup finals and it was all good fun - but I don’t expect that could happen now
It won’t happen if we let the divvies win.
Both sides need to take a long hard look at themselves and the decent fans also need to take a part.
There’s more good than bad in the City, unfortunately the bad get the press.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If that pen goes against us i'd be fuming, That is not deliberate handball.
In all honesty stu I watched it in a pub in Newcastle, it was rammed, the top half of the telly I could not see. I was more listening to the locals who couldn't make there minds up. When I first saw it proper a few days later I thought it was harsh but, what the hell was his hand doing up there. I thinks that's what swung it towards a penalty.