And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He’s (I’m guessing as I’ve not spoke to him) probably warning the defenders to cover the back post or Salah.
The fact you see he is intentionally pointing to something rather than just sticking his arm out (unnaturally) is a start though.(y)
Check post #13750 I started a while ago.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So read the link I posted above, current rules the handball has to be intentional, how can it be if it bounced off his chest.
It wasn’t up to us it’s up to the ref! He thought it was deliberate and so did VAR.
We can debate it but the handball rule is a joke I agree with you.. As I also stated earlier.
I also said he was unlucky.

In the link they contradict themselves especially at the end giving it in the CL.
So everyone is right.????

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

It wasn’t up to us it’s up to the ref! He thought it was deliberate and so did VAR.
We can debate it but the handball rule is a joke I agree with you.. As I also stated earlier.
I also said he was unlucky.

In the link they contradict themselves especially at the end giving it in the CL.
So everyone is right.????
It’s just a discussion, no more, no less! People need to chill out.

D

Deleted member 1740

What is your route? I've discovered my cousin is going Madrid - Majorca, Majorca - Nice, Nice - Liverpool. Very creative.

Thursday Stansted-biarritz, saturday am drive Biarritz to Irun, coach Irun to Madrid an return same route. Home tomorrow, it's been a boss trip, so proud of my team though.

D

Deleted member 15344

Whilst going through twitter today a couple of items jumped up

This is the first one

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/virgil-van-dijk-now-favourite-years-ballon-dor

There is a stat that VVD hasn’t been dribbled past at all in 64 games - which sounds impressive but says more about how good his positioning is - but should he get the Balon D’Or ? For me he is a massive reason for our big steps forward this season and he is also a big reason why Holland have had an upturn in form so yep for me a worthy winner if he gets it

And then this one

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....in-madrid-heap-praise-on-reds-supporters/amp/

Now before the final there was a lot of talk about “potential” trouble etc but all the reports were apart from the odd idiot on the whole a very well behaved event ( some will be disappointed ) - but seen and heard lots of great stories from both sets of fans and even more so from Spurs fans

Also found a great pic

Attachments

• 73D6399F-DA0C-4674-86DA-ABDA6228E42A.png
    73D6399F-DA0C-4674-86DA-ABDA6228E42A.png
    861.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1740

He is in the penalty area, the ball is coming towards him and you don't think it is madness to point with his arm outstretched o_Oo_O. It was absolutely gormless. He can be shouting at his team mates to organise, someone else can be pointing but he should only have eyes for that ball and his arms should be beside him, not doing an aeroplane. Unlucky is a penalthy given when a ball is blasted against your arm down by your side from 5yds

You need to take off your Spurs goggles.

In real time i thought it was a pen, after seeing the reply though its a very harsh penalty, bordering on farcical.

If VAR can't define that as the wrong decision then its a complete and utter waste of time.

I'm only glad we scored another.

D

Deleted member 1740

Mane very cleverly scooped the ball up onto his arm.

You can see the sole of his boot on replays as be tries to get that ball up quick like playing a lob shot.

He could not believe his luck with sissoko standing there, arm way stretched out like an idiot.

He never, it bounced off his chest and onto his arm. If thats a pen then theres at least 5 pens a game and the game is finished.