And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

😂
He was telling me about his woes of getting a flight and hotel, then how you lot had booked everything up before Spurs got a chance 😂

Snooze you lose 😉

Did you feel sorry for him?

I bet you took him a bunch of grapes and a shiny granny smith apple to make him feel better aswell....

U

User62651

As a neutral I thought Keown was a bit tough on Arsenal. Seemed a bit hacked off maybe. If they were as bad as he was saying they wouldn't have made the final.
Arsenal got to the final, that was no mean feat in itself, was such an open game you could see either side scoring freely. Chelsea front line cut them open a few times and took their chances better, Chelsea also defended with more nous.
Game seemed a bit odd though - I only saw the 2nd half but the stadium look half empty, devoid of atmosphere and because of the covered running track and therefore crowd being so far away from the pitch, at times you could see no crowd on tv so it had the look of a training game. Why put a Euro final football match into a non-football stadium? UEFA got this wrong I think. Why not let local kids get in for free if there were so many spare seats?
Well done Chelsea, Hazard will be a miss for sure (if he goes). Chelsea have had his best years though.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
As a neutral I thought Keown was a bit tough on Arsenal. Seemed a bit hacked off maybe. If they were as bad as he was saying they wouldn't have made the final.
Arsenal got to the final, that was no mean feat in itself, was such an open game you could see either side scoring freely. Chelsea front line cut them open a few times and took their chances better, Chelsea also defended with more nous.
Game seemed a bit odd though - I only saw the 2nd half but the stadium look half empty, devoid of atmosphere and because of the covered running track and therefore crowd being so far away from the pitch, at times you could see no crowd on tv so it had the look of a training game. Why put a Euro final football match into a non-football stadium? UEFA got this wrong I think. Why not let local kids get in for free if there were so many spare seats?
Well done Chelsea, Hazard will be a miss for sure (if he goes). Chelsea have had his best years though.

shutterstock_129406271-390x285.jpg

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well done to Chelsea better team second half.

Think the fourth goal summed up Arsenal.
Abamayang loses the ball 15 yd’s in his own half.
What does he do ? Fight to get it back and put off the op or fall on the ground arms outstretched looking for the ref to bail him out.
They had just got a lifeline in the game but gave it away instantly.
Ozil is a liability and you play with 10 men with him.
But on the ball Arsenal played some good football, but without the ball they were shocking.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Yes he did he loves Liverpool but he has a mortgage and two kids.
£5000 that’s just stupid.

So effectively helps perpetuate the problem?

There was a thread on here criticising ticket touts etc for music gigs. Is this any different?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I wouldn't do the same. Luke saints will ever get to a CL final. But people complain about fifa and costs of tickets etc and then do exactly the same.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
So effectively helps perpetuate the problem?

There was a thread on here criticising ticket touts etc for music gigs. Is this any different?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I wouldn't do the same. Luke saints will ever get to a CL final. But people complain about fifa and costs of tickets etc and then do exactly the same.

Depends if he bought it purely to sell it on I guess. If I'd bought one with the full intention of going, then someone offered me massive wedge for it I'd be all over it, but then again I am from Yorkshire :unsure::LOL:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Depends if he bought it purely to sell it on I guess. If I'd bought one with the full intention of going, then someone offered me massive wedge for it I'd be all over it, but then again I am from Yorkshire :unsure::LOL:
He is a season ticket holder but can’t get there and back to cover his work in the Hospital.
He had every intention of going but a consultant who coudnt get one offered him a stupid amount so I don’t think he’s in the same league as a tout.
He was having to drive and kip in the car.
I told him not to be stupid and just sell it.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
He is a season ticket holder but can’t get there and back to cover his work in the Hospital.
He had every intention of going but a consultant who coudnt get one offered him a stupid amount so I don’t think he’s in the same league as a tout.
He was having to drive and kip in the car.
I told him not to be stupid and just sell it.

Who's having to drive. The guy who bought tickets or your son who you said can't go?

If he bought it then couldnt get cover from work I'm sure LFC would have been able to put him in touch with the first in a waiting list..... 😜

I'm only playing devil's advocate, like I said. I'd have done the alsame, but the fact remains that a punter has paid over odds for a ticket which is what we all complain about.

Like I said. I'd do the same. But whether intent or not. The person now going has still had to pay over the odds.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Driving back from Liverpool at the moment and the motorway is full of cars and buses adorned with LFC regalia, presumably making their way to airports and ports to get to Madrid.

Hope they have an utterly miserable game but I just can’t see it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Who's having to drive. The guy who bought tickets or your son who you said can't go?

If he bought it then couldnt get cover from work I'm sure LFC would have been able to put him in touch with the first in a waiting list..... 😜

I'm only playing devil's advocate, like I said. I'd have done the alsame, but the fact remains that a punter has paid over odds for a ticket which is what we all complain about.

Like I said. I'd do the same. But whether intent or not. The person now going has still had to pay over the odds.
I read it as the consultant offered him that money, he didn't ask for it. If he had put it on Ebay I'd be with you all the way but if someone just offers you a wad of cash, a consultant who you therefore know has a pretty significant income, then I see that differently. That may be hypocritical of me but it is how I view it.