And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I read it as the consultant offered him that money, he didn't ask for it. If he had put it on Ebay I'd be with you all the way but if someone just offers you a wad of cash, a consultant who you therefore know has a pretty significant income, then I see that differently. That may be hypocritical of me but it is how I view it.

It wasn't really meant as a criticism of cc98 lad.

More just the scenario.
The whole basis of touts though is that the people that can afford/justify the outlay of ticket price miss the opportunity to go because someone with more money trumps them.

The person who was first on the waiting list misses out. They've likely gone to an away game or two but can't afford 5k.

For me that's what's wrong with the scenario. With most tickets now being done via mobiles I don't see how a picture can't be added to them. If you can't go. You sell it back.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So becuase your lad sold it. All those wanting to go would?
I think a high number would for that kind of money in Liverpool.
He has been to every game this season and a lot of away games as well.
So he is entitled to his ticket.
He realistically can’t go and a rich man offered him the price of a family holiday in Florida for one match ticket.

The scenario you paint sounds great but he lives in the real world.
He is disappointed but realistic.

Do any teams have this system where you give your ticket back?
I have never heard of any.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I think a high number would for that kind of money in Liverpool.
He has been to every game this season and a lot of away games as well.
So he is entitled to his ticket.
He realistically can’t go and a rich man offered him the price of a family holiday in Florida for one match ticket.

The scenario you paint sounds great but he lives in the real world.
He is disappointed but realistic.

Do any teams have this system where you give your ticket back?
I have never heard of any.

Clubs allow you to sell season ticket spaces back. I'd be amazed if Liverpool didn't.

Like I say. I don't blame him. Just don't like the fact the scenario exists.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Clubs allow you to sell season ticket spaces back. I'd be amazed if Liverpool didn't.

Like I say. I don't blame him. Just don't like the fact the scenario exists.
That’s life.?
Hands up who would give it back for face value.
Hands up who would take the £5000.

If the clubs wanted to they could stop it tomorrow but they won’t!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
That’s life.?
Hands up who would give it back for face value.
Hands up who would take the £5000.

If the clubs wanted to they could stop it tomorrow but they won’t!

I’ve already conceded I’d likely do the same.

My only query was it seemed unclear whether your lad could go or not. At first he couldn’t get cover, then it appeared to be down to it being too much hassle.

I fully agree the main blame is with the clubs or entertainers when it comes to touts.
It’s simply a frustration of mine.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If I had a ticket for the champs league final, legitimately through the club. Am going to the final. If someone offered me 5K along the way. That's paying for me and Missis T to go round the world in sept/Oct. I have given tickets away before for nowt to family and friends. Some cannot afford to pay £15 never mind £5K.

Tashyboy

Visit site
We are discussing about flogging a ticket for £5K, but the main issue for me is the lack of tickets available for genuine fans. IF and it is a massive IF, more tickets were available the demand for the tickets would be less. Am not saying significantly less. But more fans would and should get to see the game.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Spurs getting absolutely rinsed on the radio, it’s already done and dusted apparently 🤔

Yup we rinsed them as well in the quarters 😖 So did Ajax. Am Suprised folks readily write off teams, that negativity can be a massive physiological boost when used right. Straight away there's no pressure.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm going into the final relatively open-minded, I just hope we put in a decent performance. Our league performances were dire over the last month, so if we don't show up again we'll get stuffed. If we play our best and lose then I've no problem with that since we're the massive underdogs. I think the few weeks off will really benefit us because a lot of our key players looked shattered. If we actually turn up we can give Liverpool a game as we've matched them in the past, like the most recent meeting where we should have got something.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Both teams have had nearly 3 weeks off. They can play practice games but it is not the same. I think that will help Spurs it will level the teas a little. Liverpool may not have quite the same rythym that they ended the season with.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Both teams have had nearly 3 weeks off. They can play practice games but it is not the same. I think that will help Spurs it will level the teas a little. Liverpool may not have quite the same rythym that they ended the season with.
Yeah exactly, that's what I'm hoping anyway! Hopefully we can get a little sharpness back while Liverpool lose their momentum... :p