And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 16999

It’s wedged in between a report about Marseille and no mention of the attempted murder of an innocent man by 2 Italian cowards.
Because it’s 2 seperate incidents, Roma were fined back in June for their fans behaviour and their Scum fans are in court in October for the assault.
UEFA only dealt with the charges against Liv today.

Here’s the Mirror report.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-fined-7100-uefa-crowd-12980476.amp

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What did Roma get fined for the attempted murder of a Liverpool fan by 2 Roma fans?

Come on Stu, it's UEFA. If you're caught making racist comments you get fined 5000 Euros but if you dare to unveil a shirt promoting a rival betting company you get fined 75000 Euros. It's got nothing to do with right or wrong and everything to do with money.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Chelsea have confirmed the signing of Rob Green ?! Also rumoured to be looking at Reina - guess it’s getting close to seeing Courtois going

You think both of those are a replacement for Coutois??

Rob Green is a free and will sign only a 1 year contract as he's on the verge of retirement and will provide cover only for Courtois and Willy as a third choice keeper as our other keepers have been put out on loan.

Reina is not a replacement for Coutois either, if he came, at some time, Sarri has made it clear that he would like Reina on his coaching staff only.

Now if you want to talk about a proper target that would see some outgoing movement, I can see us winning the fight for Thiago, as that is where Sarri see's we need a bit more influence quite quickly.

I honestly think all the big names will stay to see how they get on with and adapt to Sarri, yes theirs some big clubs coming in for some of our stars, and eventually the club may buckle if the price becomes too stupid to refuse, but with the changes Sarri is looking to make and shuffle the pack about means that it doesn't derail us if we loose anyone.

Big names always move on or retire at some point, the team/club will crack on as it has when faced with this before, new stars will be brought in or born....

The futures blue....

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

Rob Green is a free and will sign only a 1 year contract as he's on the verge of retirement and will provide cover only for Courtois and Willy as a third choice keeper as our other keepers have been put out on loan.

Reina is not a replacement for Coutois either, if he came, at some time, Sarri has made it clear that he would like Reina on his coaching staff only.

Now if you want to talk about a proper target that would see some outgoing movement, I can see us winning the fight for Thiago, as that is where Sarri see's we need a bit more influence quite quickly.

I honestly think all the big names will stay to see how they get on with and adapt to Sarri, yes theirs some big clubs coming in for some of our stars, and eventually the club may buckle if the price becomes too stupid to refuse, but with the changes Sarri is looking to make and shuffle the pack about means that it doesn't derail us if we loose anyone.

Big names always move on or retire at some point, the team/club will crack on as it has when faced with this before, new stars will be brought in or born....

The futures blue....

be an expensive GK coach at £9m as he just signed for Milan on a free?

What do you make of the increased Courtois to Madrid reports? wages etc agreed fake news?

D

Deleted member 15344

The futures blue....

Well lots of reports have him gone for about £30mil because his contract is up next summer and won’t sign a new one

Don’t see Reina being a coach just yet and certainly not at the £9mil reported - he is also a GK Sarri knows and can see him being a bit of a stop gap until a new one is found - a bit like Van De Sar was supposed to be until he kept going and going

If Thiago is available I will be surprised if Chelsea win the race - being without CL and the club in turmoil right now in regards owner and what happens with managers. It will I guess depend on what clubs are after him but if it is Man Utd to maybe replace a Juve bound Pogba then can’t see Chelsea winning it

Going to be an interesting season - big risk with the manager , which players are going and staying , willl the club be sold ? Stadium built

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Well lots of reports have him gone for about £30mil because his contract is up next summer and won’t sign a new one

Don’t see Reina being a coach just yet and certainly not at the £9mil reported - he is also a GK Sarri knows and can see him being a bit of a stop gap until a new one is found - a bit like Van De Sar was supposed to be until he kept going and going

If Thiago is available I will be surprised if Chelsea win the race - being without CL and the club in turmoil right now in regards owner and what happens with managers. It will I guess depend on what clubs are after him but if it is Man Utd to maybe replace a Juve bound Pogba then can’t see Chelsea winning it

Going to be an interesting season - big risk with the manager , which players are going and staying , willl the club be sold ? Stadium built

If Pogba leaves United, it's a sad summer for Man Utd. I don't expect it to happen though, as much as fans of other teams would love him to go.

D

Deleted member 15344

If Pogba leaves United, it's a sad summer for Man Utd. I don't expect it to happen though, as much as fans of other teams would love him to go.

Would prefer he stayed because he has been disappointing since he arrived because Maureen doesn’t appear to know how to get the best out of him and maybe he just isn’t suited to the Prem and the pace and lack of space afforded to him.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

I think you are kidding yourself there. If Pogba plays as he did last year, if Mourinho plays him as he did last year then fans of other teams will be very happy for him to stay. If he returns this year as the guy who plays for France, different matter.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
"And I'm also happy to smile and to see that, you know, you can change your opinion and change as a person. Is funny. But that's okay.

"But maybe this season finally you (the press) demand that they win. You, I think, you have to be fair and now you have to demand and say the team with investments, who are making investments that they started making last season, not just this season, last season.

:rofl:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just read about the City v Liverpool friendly. city still have 16 players absent from the squad coz of the World Cup. Might of been easier if City's preseason tour had been in Russia .😁

Fish

Banned
Visit site
be an expensive GK coach at £9m as he just signed for Milan on a free?

What do you make of the increased Courtois to Madrid reports? wages etc agreed fake news?

The relationship he had with Sarri in the past was a very positive one, so maybe he just wants to follow him as some players do, coupled with a desire to play back in the PL?

Sarri has gone on record to say he would want Reina in his backroom staff, obviously when the time is right, but if Courtois won't sign a new contract and there's serious money on the table, then you have to take it now rather than being in the situation Arsenal found themselves in with too many players holding their club for ransom or walking for free, it's only a year so cash in now if we have to and use Reina as a stop gap whilst were rebuilding a new team/squad; or, if he produces the goods, keep him as long as we want as No1!

I don't think CL is such a big deal as some make out, especially if they believe that CL is a real possibility the following season, to which a bonus structure would be built in for signing if achieved.

Dark, grey and dull Manchester or the bright lights of London, wages possibly similar, 2 very different managers, I know where I'd rather be playing & staying :smirk:

D

Deleted member 15344

Just because you play in Manchester doesn't mean you live or have to go out there.

Yep a lot of people who play in Manchester and Liverpool live in some very exclusive secluded places.

Right now I can’t see many reasons for players picking Chelsea over the Manchester Clubs if that was a choice for them and I don’t think with the current situation with the owner they could even afford to go mad offering stupid wages and certainly no guarantee of CL next season as well

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unless they're commuting for 5 hours a day it's the same difference. It's grim up north.

In the past the big players for Liverpool / Everton used to live out Southport way. I don't know if that is still the case although I do know some Everton players who live in Cheshire.

Manchester players tend to live in Cheshire, Mere, Prestbury, Knutsford, Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, Bowden

They could also live Leeds way, Harrogate, n. Leeds area.

Honestly, if you have not been there then take a trip. It might open your mind to parts of the north you never knew could exist. You would also see why many come here and stay. We avoid the pollution and congestion of down south as well :ears: