And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
the 34 that becomes 50 on the back page.

on this note wouldn't you of sooner kept Lookman after his RBL expierience last season and similar stats to Ricarlson?

I'd like to keep them both. Richarlison one side, Lookman the other.

Good on Watford for being able to agree to the transfer of Richarlison and wait for the money to clear before dragging this back up. Didn't want to miss out on that transfer money.

D

Deleted member 16999

the 34 that becomes 50 on the back page.

on this note wouldn't you of sooner kept Lookman after his RBL expierience last season and similar stats to Ricarlson?
Silva is saying he wants to keep Lookman, if Silva stabilises us and moves us forward it will take 2-3 yrs for that to happen, god knows who will come in and who will go.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd like to keep them both. Richarlison one side, Lookman the other.

Good on Watford for being able to agree to the transfer of Richarlison and wait for the money to clear before dragging this back up. Didn't want to miss out on that transfer money.

Both prefer the left though? can be a balancing act to get both game time and development.

D

Deleted member 16999

If you're expecting me to defend that and claim it was money well spent, then you're sorely mistaken.
But yet it’s ok to judge Richarlison’s fee before he’s even kicked a ball for us! :confused:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
But yet it’s ok to judge Richarlison’s fee before he’s even kicked a ball for us! :confused:
It's very clearly a ridiculous fee. He actually earned a reputation for missing sitters. He only scored 5 goals, the last of which was in November. If that's a 35 million pound attacker then the game really has gone mad.

Us also wasting a similar stupid fee on Sissoko two years ago isn't really relevant is it? I was saying exactly the same thing at the time.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
He was very good under Silva though tbf, so understand why they've bought him. It was once Silva left and the system changed that his effectiveness dropped.

D

Deleted member 16999

It's very clearly a ridiculous fee. He actually earned a reputation for missing sitters. He only scored 5 goals, the last of which was in November. If that's a 35 million pound attacker then the game really has gone mad.

Us also wasting a similar stupid fee on Sissoko two years ago isn't really relevant is it? I was saying exactly the same thing at the time.
Ox cost Liv 35mil and he’d scored 5 goals in 5 years, the fee looked massive at the time yet it looks value for money, barring his injury he’s been a totally different player and
look back over the past 5 years, fees have been on the rise, time will tell if it’s money well spent.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ox cost Liv 35mil and he’d scored 5 goals in 5 years, the fee looked massive at the time yet it looks value for money, barring his injury he’s been a totally different player and
look back over the past 5 years, fees have been on the rise, time will tell if it’s money well spent.
True, Oxlade was good, but that fee had 'English tax' rolled into it of course. Richarlison will probably do a job, but I'd expect a big return for 35 million. Certainly more than the 5 goals he managed last season.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
True, Oxlade was good, but that fee had 'English tax' rolled into it of course. Richarlison will probably do a job, but I'd expect a big return for 35 million. Certainly more than the 5 goals he managed last season.

He is an educated gamble, perhaps not even that educated :D. Pretty much all PL fees are inflated so we have to accept that. Silva likes him, the DoF liked him in his previous job but couldn't land him. It is set up for him to work, over to him now. I agree it is too much but so many fees are now. How often do you get a good deal?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He is an educated gamble, perhaps not even that educated :D. Pretty much all PL fees are inflated so we have to accept that. Silva likes him, the DoF liked him in his previous job but couldn't land him. It is set up for him to work, over to him now. I agree it is too much but so many fees are now. How often do you get a good deal?
Usually when someone's contract is in it's last year.

At Spurs it's quite bizarre. All our best players didn't really cost that much, whereas the the expensive ones have largely been flops.
Toby - 11 mil
Eriksen - 12 mil
Vertonghen - 12 mil?
Alli - 5 mil
Trippier - 4 mil?
Kane - 0 :D

Soldado - 30 mil
Sissoko - 30 mil
Aurier - 20 mil?

Some exceptions like Son and Davinson who were expensive and did well, but by and large spending big doesn't work for us. :rofl:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is getting harder and harder though and for every good deal you get at £5m it is easy to forget the ones that don't work and are quietly shipped out. Just being in the PL tends to inflate prices.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I like that it's going down the road of 'principles' rather than just seeking monies.

So, what if the PL find Everton guilty, what are the penalty options; fine, docked points?

Everton - rank amateurs - they didnt even get a nice day out at Blackpool out of it.:whoo: