And, we’re off.......2018/2019

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
D

Deleted member 15344

Whilst I'd rather he said nothing, do you not think he has a a point?

That tour is a bit of a shambles and a lot of teams are having similar issues with availability pre-season - also namechecks Citeh & Tottingham in the article.

We all know why the tour is there - Money Money Money . Got to go visit the fans that help pile millions into the club all over the world - Man Utd are global - they bring in a lot of money because they are global and for that they need to do these pre season tours - it’s not a new thing as Utd have been doing it for years . Never seem to affect Ferguson - he just got on with it.

But I expect it’s the start of the Maureen third season circus - think he will be gone by Jan

D

Deleted member 1740

http://www.skysports.com/amp/footba...pre-season-is-going?__twitter_impression=true

New season same old Moaning Maureen

If only Utd had a load of other multimillion pound players sat waiting to play

I agree to a certain extent but after a long hard season and a World Cup, the last thing any side needs is a tour of the USA and other places. Football clubs putting £££££££££’s before the good of the players/club.

How about in the World Cup season, why don’t the likes of us,United,City etc tour around the NW supporting local league sides instead of playing meaningless friendlies against weakend bigger sides?

D

Deleted member 15344

I agree to a certain extent but after a long hard season and a World Cup, the last thing any side needs is a tour of the USA and other places. Football clubs putting £££££££££’s before the good of the players/club.

How about in the World Cup season, why don’t the likes of us,United,City etc tour around the NW supporting local league sides instead of playing meaningless friendlies against weakend bigger sides?

The meaningless friendlies bring in multimillionaire and also satisfy multiple amount of sponsers that also bring in millions. Unfortunately it’s all part of the season now to have a tour either Far East or the States - Prem clubs are global now and they get the money to spend on million pound stars from playing the corporate business game which includes these tours

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

Hey you keep your common sense ideas to yourself!

Next you’ll be suggesting the season starts a week or 2 later in a World Cup year like it used too. Even a week later wouldn’t of impacted anything as CL final isn’t until June.

When players need at least 3 weeks off after the World Cup finishing on July 15th you don’t need to be a genius to work out there would be issues.

Guess it’s the same reason on 13500 tickets sold to city fans for charity shield

Last edited:

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44929552

Well said Mo and superb reply from Karius

View attachment 25274

In other news - Chelsea rejecting a £55mil bid for Willian , are they holding out for more

Wolves have bought another Portuguese player

Seems Richarlison has failed his medical after having his head read

Ozil quits international football blaming racism by the German FA

And when will we get that big blockbuster move - is it going to be Hazard or Neymar to Real

The more the better.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Am sure a few years ago some of the bigger teams played local sides and it did bring a few quid in. not sure if it was sometimes to do with Big club bought player from smaller club and as part of the deal was to play a preseason friendly at smaller club. Remember City playing games at Mansfield Town and Lincoln. That went down well when Mansfield beat the Centurions. Went to Sheff Utd and Inter Milan last Night. Rammel game but 18,000 turned up so it was a good turn out.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
D

Deleted member 15344

I actually think he's correct on this occasion. Although Spurs and City have it worse than United. I'm very concerned about us making a slow start to this season. We could be facing an uphill struggle from the very beginning.
I guess the managers don’t mind the money that is gained from the global market , the sort of money that enables clubs to spend fortunes on transfer fees and wages - it’s the clubs choice to go on the tours and it’s tbe clubs choice to have the players that potentially will be away for summer tournaments

The managers get paid a lot money to manage his squad and if some are not available then there will be someone in the vast squads they have these days available

Got to take the rough with the smooth

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I guess the managers don’t mind the money that is gained from the global market , the sort of money that enables clubs to spend fortunes on transfer fees and wages - it’s the clubs choice to go on the tours and it’s tbe clubs choice to have the players that potentially will be away for summer tournaments

The managers get paid a lot money to manage his squad and if some are not available then there will be someone in the vast squads they have these days available

Got to take the rough with the smooth
If a large chunk of the first team are not available, then from a manager or coach's point of view, friendlies and tours are rendered essentially worthless. He wants to get a look at the players he'll actually be using in the season. One or two reserve players might stake a claim but that's really it.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How many first team regulars actually play many of the pre season games?
Pre season is about those fringe or younger players showing the desire and fitness to be worthy of their squad place or even first team spot.

D

Deleted member 16999

How many first team regulars actually play many of the pre season games?
Pre season is about those fringe or younger players showing the desire and fitness to be worthy of their squad place or even first team spot.
All of them will get game time pre-season and at some point all managers will play his strongest 11, even if it’s only for 45 minutes, they won’t be waiting for the season to kick off, they’ll be hoping to hit the ground running.
The fringe and youth players get more opportunity in World Cup and Euro Champs years as some players are given more time off.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Am sure a few years ago some of the bigger teams played local sides and it did bring a few quid in. not sure if it was sometimes to do with Big club bought player from smaller club and as part of the deal was to play a preseason friendly at smaller club. Remember City playing games at Mansfield Town and Lincoln. That went down well when Mansfield beat the Centurions. Went to Sheff Utd and Inter Milan last Night. Rammel game but 18,000 turned up so it was a good turn out.

That was when the best invites you had were to Sincil Bank and Field Mill and not the ICC ............. :D

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
All of them will get game time pre-season and at some point all managers will play his strongest 11, even if it’s only for 45 minutes, they won’t be waiting for the season to kick off, they’ll be hoping to hit the ground running.
The fringe and youth players get more opportunity in World Cup and Euro Champs years as some players are given more time off.

more common sense thats not allowed!!