And, we’re off.......2018/2019

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I guess the managers don’t mind the money that is gained from the global market , the sort of money that enables clubs to spend fortunes on transfer fees and wages - it’s the clubs choice to go on the tours and it’s tbe clubs choice to have the players that potentially will be away for summer tournaments

The managers get paid a lot money to manage his squad and if some are not available then there will be someone in the vast squads they have these days available

Got to take the rough with the smooth

how do you think the PL should schedule for the next WC cup then N0v 20 - dec18 2022? do we carry on regardless its tough if you have players there get on with it or start July, have a break and finish end of June

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
how do you think the PL should schedule for the next WC cup then N0v 20 - dec18 2022? do we carry on regardless its tough if you have players there get on with it or start July, have a break and finish end of June
They will definitely stop the Premier League for a month. Would make a mockery of the league if some of the teams had like 14-15 of their 25 man squad unavailable for 6 or 7 games. I believe the league will start 2 weeks earlier and finish 2 weeks later to accommodate.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
They will definitely stop the Premier League for a month. Would make a mockery of the league if some of the teams had like 14-15 of their 25 man squad unavailable for 6 or 7 games. I believe the league will start 2 weeks earlier and finish 2 weeks later to accommodate.

but its not only a month when FIFA rules state the players must be available 21 days befor ethe tournament starts so maybe up to 7 weeks?

D

Deleted member 1740

but its not only a month when FIFA rules state the players must be available 21 days befor ethe tournament starts so maybe up to 7 weeks?

Tough, the managers get paid millions and the clubs happily travel the world satisfying corporate sponsors.....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does it say that specifically for this world cup? I did read somewhere that each season is starting a week earlier over the next few years - note how this one is starting August 10th instead of 19th or whatever. So it that continues they could be starting that season in mid-July. Would surely give ample time then.

D

Deleted member 15344

No idea what they are going to do for the Qatar WC - suspect things are going to be royally messed up

I suspect the season will start 3 weeks early and then finish 3 weeks later - it’s going to be messy and it’s going to test the teams squad

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The World Cup going to Qatar is a joke of course, that being said whilst it may hamper clubs second half of the season it could also mean that most of the European based players are bang on form.

Could be a cracker of a comp.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The World Cup going to Qatar is a joke of course, that being said whilst it may hamper clubs second half of the season it could also mean that most of the European based players are bang on form.

Could be a cracker of a comp.
I was dead against it, but then I remembered that in the lead-up to Christmas we tend to be in the pub all the time anyway, so having the latter stages of a world cup on as well could actually be pretty good.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Leaving the PL to run while the World Cup was on would certainly make for an interesting pre-World Cup transfer window as fees of players from countries not in the WC / not in their national teams sky rocket.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Leaving the PL to run while the World Cup was on would certainly make for an interesting pre-World Cup transfer window as fees of players from countries not in the WC / not in their national teams sky rocket.
Maybe Liverpool are four years ahead of the curve and that's why they signed Guinea international Naby Keita...

Aaron Ramsey and Andy Robertson will be in high demand as well.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well a few more confirmed signings today and a couple of interesting rumours

Chelsea have confirmed the signing of Rob Green ?! Also rumoured to be looking at Reina - guess it’s getting close to seeing Courtois going

Fulham have added a new keeper plus it looks like Schurrle - looking like getting a solid squad

Wolves sign another guy from Portugal

And Barcelona sign Malcom just as he was about to sign for Roma and also for cheaper than what Everton paid for Richarlinson ?!? Madness

The wonder closes in 14 days - wonder if anyone of the other top 6 are going to bring people in ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just a shame Gillimgham didn’t manage to beat you as well!! :rofl:

Went to that game, well went down, watched it in a pub called Post office in Wembley. What a day that was. I knew we were back in the "big time" after that nail biter. 😁
Had a good natter with the hero of the day ( Nicky Weaver ) a couple of years ago. His dad was in Nottingham City hospital having/ recovering from heart surgery. He could remember signing with a marker pen the wing of me Renault 19. :rofl:I never had a programme or shirt for him to sign.

Sold that car to a Utd fan, 😂.

D

Deleted member 16999

In other news Liverpool have been fined £7,101 for their fans' conduct against Roma.
They were charged for having fans set off fireworks, the throwing of objects and crowd disturbances in their semi-final at Anfield on 24 April.

D

Deleted member 1740

In other news Liverpool have been fined £7,101 for their fans' conduct against Roma.
They were charged for having fans set off fireworks, the throwing of objects and crowd disturbances in their semi-final at Anfield on 24 April.

What did Roma get fined for the attempted murder of a Liverpool fan by 2 Roma fans?

D

Deleted member 16999

What did Roma get fined for the attempted murder of a Liverpool fan by 2 Roma fans?
Don’t know mate, that wasn’t in the news report I read.

Here’s the link for you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44958826

D

Deleted member 1740

Don’t know mate, that wasn’t in the news report I read.

Not surprising.

Very poor journalism imo, added a little sentence about Liverpool in between a story on Marseille:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: