And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

Problem on here Stu is that a lot of fans (from all Clubs) are very dismissive and disrespectful to other teams, hence you get very few honest (neutral) comments back.
On the whole though there has possibly been only one negative post about Lpool’s victory last night.

I'm not disputing that, though you'd have to be seriously bitter and twisted to not acknowledge that peformance last night.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
The one Utd won or Liverpool ?:) Comeback in a final is definitely up there. (y)

I listened to the game last night on the radio, and the atmosphere was amazing. Commentators had to shout to be heard. Never heard Alan Shearer get so excited.:eek:

I wonder if he raised his arm, in triumph mode, every time the ball hit the back of the net...

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Why does it need to be compared and ranked? It stands alone as a superb comeback and match, just the same as all the other games listed and for various reasons.
Each to their own. No rights, no wrongs. 👍🏻
because it makes for a good discussion on a football thread that everyone can join in ? Also shows up the Liverpool haters !!:)

D

Deleted member 16999

because it makes for a good discussion on a football thread that everyone can join in ? Also shows up the Liverpool haters !!:)
Discuss, give reasons, each will have their own reasons, absolutely agree, just try not to tell someone they’re wrong, reading why you as a Reading fan have your own favourite comeback match will make a far more interesting read than you telling Stu or Tony that Man Utd’s comeback is better than LPools or vice versa.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Problem on here Stu is that a lot of fans (from all Clubs) are very dismissive and disrespectful to other teams, hence you get very few honest (neutral) comments back.
On the whole though there has possibly been only one negative post about Lpool’s victory last night.

Wouldn't say all clubs Stu, think am the only City fan on here and can appreciate the Liverpool team because they are very Similiar to City. Might think differant if we lose on Sunday 😁
But I know what your saying. 👍

Tashyboy

Visit site
Why does it need to be compared and ranked? It stands alone as a superb comeback and match, just the same as all the other games listed and for various reasons.
Each to their own. No rights, no wrongs. 👍🏻
Me I quite like the comparisons, even if it only takes me down memory lane. That said it should be a healthy discussion based upon the " unbelievable" not a bitter moan coz it's not my team. Fortunately as a neutral ave seen a few belters ( City v Gillingham 😂) but not to the magnitude of games mentioned. If VAR had gone Citys way v Spurs, then maybe. But to of had two stonking games in the champs league. Well am not moaning

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48191339

Just reading this piece on the BBC website. In essence the Spanish football writer is saying that there's gonna be a massive inquest into what happened with Barcelona last night. Everybody is being ripped to bits, players, manager, club president. Basically saying just not good enough.
Er now don't get me wrong this is the same Barca team that beat Liverpool 3-0 and according to the piece, should of been 4-0 with the last kick of the game. Now am not a Liverpool fan but I would be bogged off reading it if I was. It could be misconstrued that Liverpool beat a poor Barca team. For me it could read that it takes some shine off what was an excellent performance. Poor BBC journalism me finks.

Not poor journalism Tashy. They're reporting the truth. There's high pitched screaming going on over here today over what is perceived as a very poor Barca performance. They're not taking anything away from Liverpool's performance, more saying that Liverpool shouldn't have been given a sniff by a team they hold up as golden.

D

Deleted member 16999

Me I quite like the comparisons, even if it only takes me down memory lane. That said it should be a healthy discussion based upon the " unbelievable" not a bitter moan coz it's not my team. Fortunately as a neutral ave seen a few belters ( City v Gillingham 😂) but not to the magnitude of games mentioned. If VAR had gone Citys way v Spurs, then maybe. But to of had two stonking games in the champs league. Well am not moaning
I agree Tash, maybe I didn’t explain myself properly, I love a good discussion;) but who am I to tell a Lpool fan their comeback last night wasn’t as good as Utd in 99 or a Man Utd fan that last night and Istanbul was better.
I can tell them why I feel the way I do, but I can’t tell them they’re wrong.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Best comeback I have seen was when Reading were 3-0 down home to Plymouth. It was in the days when we were in the third tier, but were top of the table. Plymouth were second, and were all over us, and plenty of fans had left early. We scored four goals in the last 25 minutes inspired by Kevin Bremner and Trevor Senior.

Still trying not to think about Bolton’s recovery from 2-0 down in play off final, to beat us 4-3. We missed a penalty at 2-0. Never felt so down after a game as thought it was our last chance to ever get in the top division. Probably why the stroll to win the Championship in 2005/6 was so sweet, with a record 106 points.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I agree Tash, maybe I didn’t explain myself properly, I love a good discussion;) but who am I to tell a Lpool fan their comeback last night wasn’t as good as Utd in 99 or a Man Utd fan that last night and Istanbul was better.
The difference being we are neutral. Problem is. As a utd fan v munich you are caught up in the emotion. Same as last night being a Liverpool fan.
For me they were as good as one another. What i will say as well, last nights winner cane from apiece of individual skill. That edges it for me. 👍

D

Deleted member 16999

It was only 0-1 behind at half time, but Everton beating Bayern 3-1 in the old ECWC semi-final at Goodison is still one of the greatest nights of my life.

Utd’s comeback in 99 was enjoyable as I was in Kosovo and watched it in a Gym on a big screen with a few hundred NATO Troops including 50+ Germans who were giving all the English stick all night, the ending was unreal and had all the Brits going mad while the Germans left very quickly.

Istanbul, I was at a Regimental Dinner and the CO, a Norwich fan, was getting score updates from the Mess Steward, when it went to extra time he banged the gavel and paused the Dinner so those who wanted to could move to the TV Room to watch the penalty shoot out, match finished and we went back to the formality of the Dinner. Weird one that.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The best I've seen live, I say best.....

Saints are 3 up against the mighty tranmere. We were Premier league. They were league 1 I believe.

At half time I'm planning how to get 1/4 final tickets. At full time I'm cursing Paul Rideout! Losing 4-3.nit a highlight!

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In Barcelona this week, I have to say they all took it pretty well in the bar last night. Having seen Arsenal mauled in Camp Nue a few years ago hats off to Liverpool. More interested in Thursday’s match TBH.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Now you're just being ridiculous ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

There have been lots of unbelievable comebacks - we have been involved in a few - 05 and then 06

99 for UTD was a strange one - they were one of the best in Europe at the time , won the league and the cup already missing a few players but Bayern were all over them until the last 5 mins or so and it was a great comeback

But that 05 final - the Liverpool team had already created miracles getting there and then facing one the best team Europe has seen with a team that was so inferior, no real striker , players like Traore and Dudek etc it wasn’t a great team and then to get taken apart in that first half and be 3 down was awful - and then what a turnaround, 3 goals , and then to battle through extra time with guys hardly able to walk and win it on penalties- it was just a match that defied odds

Yep Liverpool are my team but it’s still the greatest comeback for me and it’s hard to top it