And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 16999

Just seen this on Twitter,

After Barca’s first leg win, Arturo Vidal was asked about a potential Liverpool comeback. His response:
“I will donate my left testicle if Liverpool qualify & the right one to Real Madrid fans that supported them”

😂😂

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48191339

Just reading this piece on the BBC website. In essence the Spanish football writer is saying that there's gonna be a massive inquest into what happened with Barcelona last night. Everybody is being ripped to bits, players, manager, club president. Basically saying just not good enough.
Er now don't get me wrong this is the same Barca team that beat Liverpool 3-0 and according to the piece, should of been 4-0 with the last kick of the game. Now am not a Liverpool fan but I would be bogged off reading it if I was. It could be misconstrued that Liverpool beat a poor Barca team. For me it could read that it takes some shine off what was an excellent performance. Poor BBC journalism me finks.

D

Deleted member 1740

I didate
I watched the game and was very impressed.
I went to bed straight after the game,turned my phone off,didn’t listen to any of the crap after the game.

Woke up this morning and now I think Liverpool have won the final there’s so much coverage.

People saying it’s the greatest comeback ever,get a bloody grip.

I do expect Liverpool to win it now whoever they meet.

Hope you had a great night Stu

What else do you honestly expect? We've just overran Europe's best footballing side with a "bang average" side and qualified for another European Cup final after the "tie was over". It's hardly going to get glossed over.

It's people's opinion, not fact. Given the circumstances i'd say it was though Istanbul '05 delivered the trophy, like your mob did in '99. If we deliver the trophy then its surely up their, no?

We havent won it yet but at least we've got a chance to win it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
In other news. It would appears Chelsea’s appeal has been unsuccessful.

They better hope Hazard hasn’t had his head turned.
I already read today that they've turned down two bids from Real, and Hazard is going to submit a transfer request to force the issue now.

D

Deleted member 16999

I already read today that they've turned down two bids from Real, and Hazard is going to submit a transfer request to force the issue now.
They are also not accepting the appeal result.
Official statement: Chelsea have announced they will take their appeal against a two-window transfer ban, upheld by FIFA's appeals committee, to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

D

Deleted member 18121

On sky sports:

"As it stands, Chelsea can still buy players but would not be able to register them until the summer of 2020. "

Kinda defeats the purpose of the ban surely?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I didate
I watched the game and was very impressed.
I went to bed straight after the game,turned my phone off,didn’t listen to any of the crap after the game.

Woke up this morning and now I think Liverpool have won the final there’s so much coverage.

People saying it’s the greatest comeback ever,get a bloody grip.

I do expect Liverpool to win it now whoever they meet.

Hope you had a great night Stu
In your opinion what were better comebacks Tony ? I think it is up there taking into account opposition, importance of match, two top players not playing. The fact no one seemed to gave Liverpool a chance seems to indicate it wasn’t a bad comeback.

Someone mentioned Newcastle V Arsenal, but that was a comeback for a draw, and seem to remember Arsenal had a player sent off when 4-0 up.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
On sky sports:

"As it stands, Chelsea can still buy players but would not be able to register them until the summer of 2020. "

Kinda defeats the purpose of the ban surely?
Barca did the same thing with a midfielder I believe. I think they can’t loan them out either, so not sure it really works in their favour too much.

I can’t see how the appeal next appeal will differ, they’ve already had one ban for a similar offence.

D

Deleted member 15344

Just enjoy the moment. Please. Try and take a leaf out of Tashboy's and Stu C's posting on this thread. :rolleyes:
Sorry ? Take a leaf out of Tashyboy postings 😂

I have said if City get three trophies it would be a superb achievement , I was confused about him saying going to the unique Quad hence why I just asked a question. It seems people just want to have an opportunity to leap

I did see something interesting at City on social media

5E7DFA2C-C506-4C1A-9C4A-3B9E4EE976CB.jpeg

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
In your opinion what were better comebacks Tony ? I think it is up there taking into account opposition, importance of match, two top players not playing. The fact no one seemed to gave Liverpool a chance seems to indicate it wasn’t a bad comeback.

Someone mentioned Newcastle V Arsenal, but that was a comeback for a draw, and seem to remember Arsenal had a player sent off when 4-0 up.

Rich certainly not saying it wasn’t a great comeback it was without doubt.

The C/L final was for me because it was the final.
They have to go on and win it now.
Liverpool were superb last night,Barca were certainly poor.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
What else do you honestly expect? We've just overran Europe's best footballing side with a "bang average" side and qualified for another European Cup final after the "tie was over". It's hardly going to get glossed over.

It's people's opinion, not fact. Given the circumstances i'd say it was though Istanbul '05 delivered the trophy, like your mob did in '99. If we deliver the trophy then its surely up their, no?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Rich certainly not saying it wasn’t a great comeback it was without doubt.

The C/L final was for me because it was the final.
They have to go on and win it now.
Liverpool were superb last night,Barca were certainly poor.
The one Utd won or Liverpool ?:) Comeback in a final is definitely up there. (y)

I listened to the game last night on the radio, and the atmosphere was amazing. Commentators had to shout to be heard. Never heard Alan Shearer get so excited.:eek:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
The one Utd won or Liverpool ?:) Comeback in a final is definitely up there. (y)

I listened to the game last night on the radio, and the atmosphere was amazing. Commentators had to shout to be heard. Never heard Alan Shearer get so excited.:eek:
I think the Liverpool one to be honest.
Not sure but didn’t I hear it was Shearers radio debut?

Thinking on it maybe it was Liverpool’s greatest comeback
Barca one of Europe’s greats against a bang average Liverpool.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
For me it's far behind both the '99 and '05 finals. It's "only" a semi-final, played at home, and with an entire game to turn around a three goal difference.

You can toss a coin between the two finals mentioned above as the best comeback but I'd go for... surprise, surprise... '99.

Here's why...

We'd been behind for the whole game basically, playing without arguably the best midfield pairing in the world at that time and certainly a key part of our success and we're not playing well. We've thrown on two "super subs" in the second half but it's just not working. It's into injury time. We get a late corner. Schmeichel is up for it, and there it is. Sheringham is there to turn it in from said corner. Relief. Utter relief. Extra time. A chance to turn this around. But no, we press again, another corner... surely not... "And Solskjaer has won it."

I'd never felt anything like it and never have since in football. 2008 came close because it was against a now fierce, more local rival but to turn it around in just three minutes in 1999 to win our first in the "Champions League" era after being under the cosh for nearly the whole game is the best comeback I've ever seen, for the occasion - the third trophy of the Treble and capping off the most amazing couple of weeks our club's history and the end result.

'05 will always feel bigger for Liverpool fans and I don't blame them, personal emotion will always heighten an experience and what a feeling that obviously was but the fact we did it in such a short period of time, when not playing well, and won it in normal time instead of extra time or penalties just means I'd lean towards '99 ahead of '05.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

You talk about your side being bang average but your one point behind City which LP calls the best premier league team ever.

When was the tie over?it was never over until Barca scores imo.

D

Deleted member 1740

You talk about your side being bang average but your one point behind City which LP calls the best premier league team ever.

When was the tie over?it was never over until Barca scores imo.

No, i believe we're a fantastic side that dont get the respect they deserve. Those comments are quotes off here that were posted since last tuesdays defeat in the Nou Camp.

edit .... it wasnt you but that was the general thought

D

Deleted member 16999

No, i believe we're a fantastic side that dont get the respect they deserve. Those comments are quotes off here that were posted since last tuesdays defeat in the Nou Camp.

edit .... it wasnt you but that was the general thought
Problem on here Stu is that a lot of fans (from all Clubs) are very dismissive and disrespectful to other teams, hence you get very few honest (neutral) comments back.
On the whole though there has possibly been only one negative post about Lpool’s victory last night.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
For me it's far behind both the '99 and '05 finals. It's "only" a semi-final, played at home, and with an entire game to turn around a three goal difference.

You can toss a coin between the two finals mentioned above as the best comeback but I'd go for... surprise, surprise... '99.

Here's why...

We'd been behind for the whole game basically, playing without arguably the best midfield pairing in the world at that time and certainly a key part of our success and we're not playing well. We've thrown on two "super subs" in the second half but it's just not working. It's into injury time. We get a late corner. Schmeichel is up for it, and there it is. Sheringham is there to turn it in from said corner. Relief. Utter relief. Extra time. A chance to turn this around. But no, we press again, another corner... surely not... "And Solskjaer has won it."

I'd never felt anything like it and never have since in football. 2008 came close because it was against a now fierce, more local rival but to turn it around in just three minutes in 1999 to win our first in the "Champions League" era after being under the cosh for nearly the whole game is the best comeback I've ever seen, for the occasion - the third trophy of the Treble and capping off the most amazing couple of weeks our club's history and the end result.

'05 will always feel bigger for Liverpool fans and I don't blame them, personal emotion will always heighten an experience and what a feeling that obviously was but the fact we did it in such a short period of time, when not playing well, and won it in normal time instead of extra time or penalties just means I'd lean towards '99 ahead of '05.

I can’t recall 99 as clearly. I remember being in a pub at the time. As a neutral I’d pick Liverpool’s for quite a few reasons. Having seen both games again since.

Being 1 behind is nowhere near as daunting as 3, the fact they sustained their onslaught having been so down and out, also for me there was more about their game that second half, as well as the goals. A couple of knock downs at corners just isn’t as impressive as Liverpool for me.

Yours struck me as more luck than anything else, don’t get me wrong. And one of sheer relief. Most victories have a slice of fortune. But you were outplayed that entire game from what Ive scene since, Liverpool got battered first half but managed to regroup and then played well. How knackered physically and psychologically must they have been in that last 15 mins.