And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
For years you mocked Wenger and Arsenal for finishing top 4 with your famous “do you get a trophy for that?” line.

I tried to tell you that money teams have made it very difficult to win the league and that top 4 is a decent accomplishment.

But as you, Stu and others keep saying it’s all about trophies so yes it would be a another failure season for Klopp.

Ironically, Klopp keeps celebrating playing well and winning games and seems content going along like that despite picking up any silverware. Some fans are more than happy to watch great football and to be up there competing and if you win something then that’s a bonus. Seems like this is Klopps philosophy too.

But most fans ( and Arsenal have them too) have unrealistic expectations and are inpatient, and if they don’t win then the manager must be changed and half of the team needs to be replaced.

I wonder how good United might have been by now had they stuck with Moyes? 🤔

"Another failure season for Klopp..."

Methinks thou spoketh too soon.

Lyle77

Visit site
The Liverpool result perfectly highlights the importance of both the team and the squad. Liverpool sold Philippe Coutinho and became a better more effective team. Coutinho scored some magnificent goals for Liverpool but was quite inconsistent. Messi and Ronaldo cannot win trophies purely on their own.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Although i cannot stand Liverpool (although i like Klopper) Hats off to them last night, unbelievable performance, a night to remember for all that saw it. Well done.:sick:

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Greatest comeback EVER. They couldn't win two trophies could they?
Not for me. They won a match over 90 mins by one more goal than they got beat in a previous 90 mins match. Liverpool’s final comeback was far better for me. Newcastle 4-0 down to arsenal and came back in 20 minutes for a draw for me was better. Utd weren’t they 3 down at half time against spurs and came out 5-3 winners. I am far from taking anything away from what happened last night but best comeback ever, sorry not for me

D

Deleted member 15344

Sure about that? I thought Barca's comeback v PSG in the second leg is right up there!

It’s not even the greatest comeback in Liverpool’s CL history 👍😀

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Has anyone seen the womens world cup squad announcement. Each player getting an individual announcement (Steph Houghton by Prince William) https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/48189116

Seems a very clever way of giving each player their moment and to get some attention towards the womens squad and their world cup campaign. I just hope Phil Neville and the team can surpass the mens side. Scotland, Argentina and Japan in their group so not an easy passage but ranked 3rd in the world and hope they can do well

D

Deleted member 18121

I appreciate this is self indulgent, but skip to 1:11 of this video......give that ball boy a crisp fiver.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Not for me. They won a match over 90 mins by one more goal than they got beat in a previous 90 mins match. Liverpool’s final comeback was far better for me. Newcastle 4-0 down to arsenal and came back in 20 minutes for a draw for me was better. Utd weren’t they 3 down at half time against spurs and came out 5-3 winners. I am far from taking anything away from what happened last night but best comeback ever, sorry not for me
You need to take into account opposition, and the importance of the match. To be the greatest come back you also need to win the game in my opinion.

Therefore Arsenal’s come back from 4-0 down to beat my boys 7-5 in league cup must be the greatest comeback.:whistle:;):)

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Champions League runs a multi-ball system so pretty standard, perhaps Piers has forgotten that!

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Has to be one of the best games I've ever seen. Knew they couldn't concede and shut out one of the best attacking teams in the world, and got 4 goals without 2 of their star front line. Just wow. Have to give it to Liverpool, they got Klopp in at the right time and gave him their backing. It's everything I wanted to see Arsenal do. Now Liverpool need to make the most of this era and win trophies.

D

Deleted member 18588

Complete neutral as far as the PL clubs are concerned so I can be objective and say......

Bloody Hell! That was impressive.

Have to admit that I didn't give them a chance, particularly when I heard Salah and Firminho were out so it's even more impressive.