And, we’re off.......2018/2019

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
If we had to lose then that goal was worthy of winning any game.
I hope that Leicester can keep the team together for next season, a genuinely exciting young side.

Yep they have some really good players. Do well to keep hold of Tielermans and Ricardo especially.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s a fair shout - if you add in another quality striker then Leicester and Wolves could easily challenge a touch higher even more so when there are issues at Chelsea and Utd. Their back line and midfield certainly better than Arsenal’s and maybe UTDs

Yep, two or three quality additions and either could take that step up to the next level, especially while some of the traditional top 6 clubs are struggling. Wolves have shown that they are willing to invest in the team so could they be the ones to make the big move next season? Or equally could they be one season wonders and fall away to mid-table next season?

D

Deleted member 16999

Before the final games and being completely neutral!

What a season at the top, the pressure for City and Lpool fans must of been close to unbearable at times and who knows if there’s to be one final twist?

Having a PL that isn’t cut and dried is good for football, so going forward let’s hope City and Lpool get brought back in to the pack next season.

3 clubs that were relegated were the right ones.

The other 4 out of the 6 need to sort themselves out, just not sure there’s enough top players to go round.

7 and below, great season for Wolves, will be interesting to see how they cope with EL if they get it.

Now with Blue glasses on. ;)

Happy with Silva’s first season in charge, had a lapse around mid-season, but a couple of more signings and I can see us pushing for 5th-6th.
Especially when (for Colchester :p)
We’ve scored more goals than both Wolves and Leics, conceded less goals than Leics but the same as Wolves, better GD than them both though.
Need to secure Gomes and Zouma before we sign anyone else.

Finally:
I always say the team that finishes top of the PL is the best team of the season as the table doesn’t lie. Good luck to the top 2 on Sunday, what will be, will be, no matter what I’d prefer.
Congratulations to whoever finishes 1st.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Tashy, I trust you enjoyed that!

Enjoy it, am going bald 😖

It just felt like one of those nights that it wasn't going to happen. I was congratulating Liverpool at half time. Thought Leicester looked solid. Was very very impressed with how organised they were, that's got to be down to Rodgers. Surely he is good enough for a top four team. 🤔 Hope for the good of the league they stay together.

Don't know what it is about this City team this year, but they have found a steely grit, a determination that I have not seen. Just had a look, since Christmas we have had 7, 1-0 wins in all comps. Before Christmas we had 1.

The Kompany goal, it's up there with the one he scored v Utd when we won our first prem title in terms of importance.

Here's one. I was having a natter with Missis T coming back over Woodhead. City have the Community shield and Crappyboo cup, there's a chance they could have the prem and FA cup soon. Has any team ever had all four before.

Off to bed, am knackered.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 18121

As a Liverpool fan you just know that when a serially injured 33 year old centre back is rocketing in 30 yard thunderbolts to get 1-0 wins at the business end of the season.... It's just not going to happen this season. Hats off to city... This is why you're champions.

Just looking at the table now, if our point tally had been a bit more "normal" and we'd been somewhere in/around spurs, Chelsea etc Al then city could conceivably have won the league by over 20 points.

Scary.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
As a Liverpool fan you just know that when a serially injured 33 year old centre back is rocketing in 30 yard thunderbolts to get 1-0 wins at the business end of the season.... It's just not going to happen this season. Hats off to city... This is why you're champions.

Just looking at the table now, if our point tally had been a bit more "normal" and we'd been somewhere in/around spurs, Chelsea etc Al then city could conceivably have won the league by over 20 points.

Scary.

For 2 clubs to achieve 90 points plus is a very good season indeed, a 2nd place with over 90 I’m not sure has happened before, when we won back to back titles with over 90 points on both occasions I’m not sure what the points tally immediately behind us was 🤔

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Scary.

Lyle77

Visit site
If Liverpool do end up with 97 points as runners up having lost only one league match then it is at least fitting that their only league defeat would have came against Man City.

However, for all the talk about the wonder goal from Kompany last night it was an absolute sitter that Iheanacho missed in the closing stages of the match which would have changed the whole dynamic had he converted it.

Liverpool need a miracle from Brighton to be with any chance of clinching the title now. It is even more difficult to see Brighton taking any points against Man City given the fact that the relegation issue has now been settled.

D

Deleted member 15344

For 2 clubs to achieve 90 points plus is a very good season indeed, a 2nd place with over 90 I’m not sure has happened before, when we won back to back titles with over 90 points on both occasions I’m not sure what the points tally immediately behind us was 🤔

The years you got over 90 points the nearest challengers were getting 80 points - so there was a gap but not like the 20 plus points now and then nearly 30 points to 6th - Man Utd for example are closer points wise to the teams that have been battling relegation as opposed to the top two Last year we ended up 17 points behind City and made big strides to close the gap whilst others have gone backwards.

Right now there are people calling Liverpool seasons a failure because we will end up with no trophy - but for me it’s a massive step forward , getting a points total that would have won the league in every year bar last and this year , facing a City side that is supposed to be the best ever seen in the Prem and also reaching the CL semi. Last year was a great year - for once we have built on that and moved forward - now we need to move forward again , exciting good times ahead

Next season could be another two horse race because the four below don’t look capable at the moment and the table is prob a fair reflection. Going to be a lot of teams scrambling around for the same players.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone calling Liverpools season a failure knows nothing about football.

Unreal from Kompany last night, what a hit. A goal deserving of winning a league title.

Last edited:

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
The years you got over 90 points the nearest challengers were getting 80 points - so there was a gap but not like the 20 plus points now and then nearly 30 points to 6th - Man Utd for example are closer points wise to the teams that have been battling relegation as opposed to the top two Last year we ended up 17 points behind City and made big strides to close the gap whilst others have gone backwards.

Right now there are people calling Liverpool seasons a failure because we will end up with no trophy - but for me it’s a massive step forward , getting a points total that would have won the league in every year bar last and this year , facing a City side that is supposed to be the best ever seen in the Prem and also reaching the CL semi. Last year was a great year - for once we have built on that and moved forward - now we need to move forward again , exciting good times ahead

Next season could be another two horse race because the four below don’t look capable at the moment and the table is prob a fair reflection. Going to be a lot of teams scrambling around for the same players.

For years you mocked Wenger and Arsenal for finishing top 4 with your famous “do you get a trophy for that?” line.

I tried to tell you that money teams have made it very difficult to win the league and that top 4 is a decent accomplishment.

But as you, Stu and others keep saying it’s all about trophies so yes it would be a another failure season for Klopp.

Ironically, Klopp keeps celebrating playing well and winning games and seems content going along like that despite picking up any silverware. Some fans are more than happy to watch great football and to be up there competing and if you win something then that’s a bonus. Seems like this is Klopps philosophy too.

But most fans ( and Arsenal have them too) have unrealistic expectations and are inpatient, and if they don’t win then the manager must be changed and half of the team needs to be replaced.

I wonder how good United might have been by now had they stuck with Moyes? 🤔

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cant see that, see he coming back to Chelsea.
He has been told to report back but if Everton put a decent enough bid in then Chelsea are likely to accept I reckon. They have shown no interest in Zouma up until now, a chance to make some money to put towards other signings.

Do you think he would start next season at Chelsea or just be a squad player? If start, who would he replace?