And, we’re off.......2018/2019

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No surprise Cardiif went down. Was watching SSN earlier and so many twists and turns in league one's relegation battle. Southend escaped but Plymouth and AFC Wimbledon were only a goal going in somewhere to be down instead.

Newcastle looking very sluggish tonight and haven't got going and shocking marking for the goal but a good header from VVD. I can see Liverpool winning with ease if they concentrate and all the pressure back on City

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wonder how long Klopp regrets playing Gómez ahead of TTA against Barca.

Strange decision seeing that Gómez was out for so long and TTA is in fine form.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lucky lucky Liverpool again, clear red all day long.

Is it though? I thought “double jeopardy” was brought in so if you got a pen the player didn’t get sent off because it’s already enough of a punishment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36047575

Found an article here however says deliberate hand ball is

Depends if the ref deems it deliberate I guess

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it though? I thought “double jeopardy” was brought in so if you got a pen the player didn’t get sent off because it’s already enough of a punishment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36047575

Found an article here however says deliberate hand ball is

Depends if the ref deems it deliberate I guess

Yeah I’m not sure of the current rule exactly but I recall deliberate handball (which it clearly was) being a yellow minimum.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah I’m not sure of the current rule exactly but I recall deliberate handball (which it clearly was) being a yellow minimum.

Can’t wait for VAR for sure

Situation like that the goal stands and the ref gets a word in his ear to review it.. someone gets a card

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The ref is very poor anyway imo, so many fouls, deliberate obstructions, playing advantage at times but not going back to the player to show a card, the inconsistency is terrible.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can’t believe he gets a shirt, specially in such an important game. Absolutely pony.

Underestimating Newcastle it seems? Let’s face it they pretty much put the champs league... they have to win both league games.. I know where I would focus my efforts

D

Deleted member 15344

I think that’s going to be the moment that will decide the title 😢