And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Tashy, it is the same for all bar a few elite teams. Southampton had a great spell of producing players and also finding cheap and hidden gems. Their fans must look back and think what could have been but sad to say that is unrealistic. What player is going to turn down the chance to double or treble their wages, be part of a club that builds and challenges for trophies. That is not a dig at Southampton, Monaco or any other club in that position, it includes my own. It is just the reality of it all.

It must be nice for you to know that your players can not be cherry picked, City are one of the few.

Even in the olden days. I don't think we had many superstars that could of been cherry picked. Maybe Goater. 😁

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Tashy, it is the same for all bar a few elite teams. Southampton had a great spell of producing players and also finding cheap and hidden gems. Their fans must look back and think what could have been but sad to say that is unrealistic. What player is going to turn down the chance to double or treble their wages, be part of a club that builds and challenges for trophies. That is not a dig at Southampton, Monaco or any other club in that position, it includes my own. It is just the reality of it all.

It must be nice for you to know that your players can not be cherry picked, City are one of the few.

I think most of us realise that players will move on. For me it’s more about how the transfer occurs. Lots left with our blessing, a few were more than distasteful.

Our current predicament is more down to a useless board and string of poor management recruitment choices. I think we have the right man now.

D

Deleted member 15344

Pawson having a shocker in this game

Dier should be off for two bookable offences , Bournemouth should have a penalty and then Son is never a red card

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Was West Ham in the 90s / 00s with ince, carrick , Cole , lampard , Ferdinand

Money talks

D

Deleted member 15344

Really! Why not?

Raise your hands and push an opponent to the ground and you can expect to see a red card every time.

Only a red card if it’s contact to the face - if it’s a red card just for a push to the ground then why didn’t he then send off the guy who pushed Son after - yellow card at most for both

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only a red card if it’s contact to the face - if it’s a red card just for a push to the ground then why didn’t he then send off the guy who pushed Son after - yellow card at most for both

Please Phil read up on the laws of the game before posting rubbish

Taken from the fa official website and guidelines

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:
  • denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)
  • denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)
  • serious foul play
  • biting or spitting atsomeone
  • violent conduct
  • using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
  • receiving a second caution in the same match
  • entering the video operation room (VOR)
A player, substitute or substituted player who has been sent off must leave the vicinity of the field of play and the technical area.

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

The last bit above is prob why you got confused. It’s violent conduct regardless

Taken from

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
2 mins 13 seconds, three touches and sent off. 😳
Wonder if he picks his wages up this week.

D

Deleted member 18588

Contact to the face is irrelevant, it is deemed violent conduct and that is a sending off offence.

As for the "push" on Son I am afraid that was a defensive reaction by him on realising he was in trouble with the ref.

D

Deleted member 15344

Contact to the face is irrelevant, it is deemed violent conduct and that is a sending off offence.

As for the "push" on Son I am afraid that was a defensive reaction by him on realising he was in trouble with the ref.

If that’s violent conduct then every single match will have a red card , Son was also pushed and went to the floor - no different to the person he pushed , since then Lerma has pushed Rose when trying to get the ball off him - it’s a push and Lerma made a meal of it holding his head then leg and I suspect the ref has only trying to atone for his error not giving the cards to Dier. If a push is violent conduct then will look forward to each game getting red card.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If that’s violent conduct then every single match will have a red card , Son was also pushed and went to the floor - no different to the person he pushed , since then Lerma has pushed Rose when trying to get the ball off him - it’s a push and Lerma made a meal of it holding his head then leg and I suspect the ref has only trying to atone for his error not giving the cards to Dier. If a push is violent conduct then will look forward to each game getting red card.

Ok so now your just making stuff up in your head

Pure speculation

It’s the force used. The ref is the person who decides. It’s his call.

He deemed sons to be violent conduct which it was and deemed the others to not be.

Those are the facts.

Let’s deal in facts not speculation.

Also you say “when trying to get the ball” violent conduct as above is about off the ball

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

D

Deleted member 18588

Even when I was playing that would have got a player in trouble.

Son was not pushed, certainly not to the same extent and I never saw Lerma hold his head. But if he did that again is irrelevant as it is Son's action that is under scrutiny.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Notike Son at all,very out of character.
Couldn't disagree more. Despite the winsome smile, he's a diving, cheating ****. Witness the stamp he did on Snodgrass last week after the ball was gone and he thought no-one was watching. Hopefully more refs will see through him now, but I doubt it.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Couldn't disagree more. Despite the winsome smile, he's a diving, cheating ****. Witness the stamp he did on Snodgrass last week after the ball was gone and he thought no-one was watching. Hopefully more refs will see through him now, but I doubt it.

Didn’t see the Snodgrass one to be honest,I’ve seen him lots of times this season and I don’t believe once seen him like that today,but obviously bow to someone who has seen it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Didn’t see the Snodgrass one to be honest,I’ve seen him lots of times this season and I don’t believe once seen him like that today,but obviously bow to someone who has seen it.

I thought exactly same until the stamp last week.. I thought maybe give him benefit of the doubt but today proved he does have a nasty streak

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Looking like a easy win for us in the first half hour but Sons sending off was a blow, if you looked close Lerma did hit him on his back that’s why he retaliated, no excuse for pushing him over and rightly got sent off, Lerma was a joke didn’t know what part of his body to hold to make it look worse.

Gutted we didn’t hold out for a deserved point , a win would have just about gave us top 4 , down to the last game now, crazy how we lost so many games but are still 3rd.