And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How often does Ramos need extreme pace?

As you say reading the situation is a greater asset, Bobby Moore was the best I ever saw for that in the English game.

Like VvD Ramos is fast enough and has done it at the very highest levels for club and country over a prolonged period.

I didnt say he did, I just said that I wouldnt class him as a pacy player anymore.

Bobby Moore wouldnt survive in this day and age.

D

Deleted member 18588

Bobby Moore wouldnt survive in this day and age.

With the benefit of modern training and fitness methods he would be immense in the modern game.

With tackling being under such scrutiny from refs his ability to stay on his feet and nick the ball, and to keep his man where that man didn't want to be it would have been right up his street.

D

Deleted member 1740

Salah and Mane are not great finishers though imo.
They score goals because they get so many chances.
At the start of the season I thought we needed a proper CF who scores the one and only chance he gets, I still belive that’s the case.
To play that well and get beat 3-0 was tough.
But we showed we can get through them but need to score when on top which we didn’t do.
They have quality and will always score if given the chances.
We need to start fast at home but that plays into their hands unless we get two early goals and can stop them scoring, that’s easier said than done.

These players dont exsist. This isnt fantasy football yer know.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
RE VVD, he is quality but world class, who are we judging him as having played against. The general consensus is apart from City and Liverpool, the rest of the prem league are Rammel. Especially in an attacking sense. So he looks good against who. By the sounds of it, certainly not Barca last night. Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking him, he is good, but until he does it against the best of the best like Chiellini, Ramos, Pique for a few years, well he remains good. Obviously Tashyboy is having a dig coz he is not City. No not really, look at City, one of the best teams in the world. Really, cannot see them in the semis. They have scored 160 ish goals this season but not against the best of the best. Look at the Egyptian Messi, missed a sitter that he should of buried. There in lies the problem for me re City, Spurs and Liverpool. In the Prem league The fore mentioned teams can miss a dozen chances yet still win a prem game. In Europe when playing the best teams, you may get 1-3 chances and you need to take them. City haven't and Liverpool didn't. Relate that to VVD he messed up on two chances. The best don't.
Would still like him at City though.

D

Deleted member 16999

RE VVD, he is quality but world class, who are we judging him as having played against. The general consensus is apart from City and Liverpool, the rest of the prem league are Rammel. Especially in an attacking sense. So he looks good against who. By the sounds of it, certainly not Barca last night. Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking him, he is good, but until he does it against the best of the best like Chiellini, Ramos, Pique for a few years, well he remains good. Obviously Tashyboy is having a dig coz he is not City. No not really, look at City, one of the best teams in the world. Really, cannot see them in the semis. They have scored 160 ish goals this season but not against the best of the best. Look at the Egyptian Messi, missed a sitter that he should of buried. There in lies the problem for me re City, Spurs and Liverpool. In the Prem league The fore mentioned teams can miss a dozen chances yet still win a prem game. In Europe when playing the best teams, you may get 1-3 chances and you need to take them. City haven't and Liverpool didn't. Relate that to VVD he messed up on two chances. The best don't.
Would still like him at City though.
On form, this season, the here and now.
VVD is currently the best in the world imo, was he when at Celtic and Saints? No, was he worth £75mil? No.
Is he worth more than £75mil now? Yes. Will he maintain this standard? Who knows.
It’s impossible to fairly compare him to previous players, some average players have played in great teams and some great players have played for average teams.

D

Deleted member 18588

Aye but I do believe if Liverpool had an Aguero, Kane even Costa (in his prime) up front they would be a hugely scary prospect to play against. They seem to lack that proper poacher or finisher if you will.

I would have thought that they are already a scary prospect with Mane and Salah up top and Firminho just off them.

Don't know the stats but they seem to have got plenty of goals between them and many of those have been poachers' goals.

D

Deleted member 16999

Aye but I do believe if Liverpool had an Aguero, Kane even Costa (in his prime) up front they would be a hugely scary prospect to play against. They seem to lack that proper poacher or finisher if you will.
If Everton had Messi, we’d still be sh!te. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness, there are undoubtedly goal poachers, players with better scoring records than LPool’s front 3, but there is no player who only needs 1 chance and never misses.

Even the greatest of all time missed chances.

They’ve scored 84 goals in the PL this season, 6 less than City, really don’t think their issue is a lack of goal scorer.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
If Everton had Messi, we’d still be sh!te. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness, there are undoubtedly goal poachers, players with better scoring records than LPool’s front 3, but there is no player who only needs 1 chance and never misses.

Even the greatest of all time missed chances.

They’ve scored 84 goals in the PL this season, 6 less than City, really don’t think their issue is a lack of goal scorer.

I’m not really fussed about the one chance thing that wasn’t my point, I just think if Liverpool has a proper top notch striker (I don’t think Firmino is in this class) they would be a much much better team. Salah seems to play wide quite a bit at times which leaves zip all quality in the box.
Ps yes Messi would still make you lot bang average 😂

D

Deleted member 18121

ref booked fabinho for the offense too ;)[/QUOTE]

And so he should, how dare he get in the way of his fist! 😁😉

D

Deleted member 15344

Those players wouldn’t fit in with the way Klopp plays though - and we have players that have scored more than all three of them.

D

Deleted member 15344

Just seen this online, Messi seems to punch fabinho in the head.... Which leads to his amazing goal.
Yep it’s all over media - you could see it last night as well , and it was just a number of fouls from them - how Rakatic didn’t get booked for his tackle on Keita I’ll never know , then Suarez should have been in the book way early in the second half and then he was aggressive to players in the tunnel - it was certainly a home ref performance , the reaction anytime someone went near Messi was embarrassing at times

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Those players wouldn’t fit in with the way Klopp plays though - and we have players that have scored more than all three of them.

Really? So you wouldn’t be a better team with Aguero rather than Firmino? 😂
Then again you didn’t need a new keeper after last years CL final 😂

D

Deleted member 15344

Really? So you wouldn’t be a better team with Aguero rather than Firmino? 😂
Then again you didn’t need a new keeper after last years CL final 😂

Would suggest you don’t understand the role Firmino plays in the team and the way Klopp plays isn’t set up for a number 9 to be around the box - Mane and Salah score a lot of goals because of the way the front three are set up with Firmino playing as a false 9 / number 10 . Get a player like Aguero and it’s a total change and have more traditional wide players. Firmino is s better fit for our team

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would suggest you don’t understand the role Firmino plays in the team and the way Klopp plays isn’t set up for a number 9 to be around the box - Mane and Salah score a lot of goals because of the way the front three are set up with Firmino playing as a false 9 / number 10 . Get a player like Aguero and it’s a total change and have more traditional wide players. Firmino is s better fit for our team

So who would you buy to make your team stronger?