And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

yeah great to see him back, been a long time out! hope he stays fit and healthy

Prob adrenaline but he looked sharp and maybe should have scored. Nice clinical game - Huddersfield showed a lot of fight and pace at times

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Prob adrenaline but he looked sharp and maybe should have scored. Nice clinical game - Huddersfield showed a lot of fight and pace at times

Did they? I thought they played right into your hands. I mean they had a go which in their position why not. But fight? Imo they showed why they are where they are, no clue defensively.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Look we all know who the divers are.
Did they? I thought they played right into your hands. I mean they had a go which in their position why not. But fight? Imo they showed why they are where they are, no clue defensively.
just let him big the opposition up a bit 😉

D

Deleted member 15344

Yep they did - threatened quite a lot earlier on but lacked any composure in the box and their pace from their left caused quite a few issues. So you agree they had a go , bit of fight , spirit etc etc.
Have a nice evening:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Yep they did - threatened quite a lot earlier on but lacked any composure in the box and their pace from their left caused quite a few issues. So you agree they had a go , bit of fight , spirit etc etc.
Have a nice evening:rolleyes:
Bit defensive aren’t ya?

I simply didn’t see what you did. Quite often you’ll hear the phrase “if they played like that all season they’d be ok” for me that’s a team showing fight and spirit. Huddersfield haVe played like that all season, and that’s why they’re where they are. Lack of ability or tactical nous.

But hey, if you’ve suddenly decided that discussing an opinion is no longer worthwhile at least the threads will get shorter. 👍

D

Deleted member 15344

Bit defensive aren’t ya?

I simply didn’t see what you did. Quite often you’ll hear the phrase “if they played like that all season they’d be ok” for me that’s a team showing fight and spirit. Huddersfield haVe played like that all season, and that’s why they’re where they are. Lack of ability or tactical nous.

But hey, if you’ve suddenly decided that discussing an opinion is no longer worthwhile at least the threads will get shorter. 👍

I wasn’t saying anything about “if they played like that they would have survived” etc etc etc blah blah blah -

It was simply a comment that they didn’t just roll over and despite us scoring in the first 20 seconds they just went for it a bit more and gave a little fight and showed pace down both flanks - and you confirmed that in your post by saying that they had a go ? It appeared you were trying to look into my comment about fight and pace more than what was there.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I wasn’t saying anything about “if they played like that they would have survived” etc etc etc blah blah blah -

It was simply a comment that they didn’t just roll over and despite us scoring in the first 20 seconds they just went for it a bit more and gave a little fight and showed pace down both flanks - and you confirmed that in your post by saying that they had a go ? It appeared you were trying to look into my comment about fight and pace more than what was there.

No I simply have a different definition to fight than you. Which is fine.

Imo they were foolish in their approach. It played into you hands. That to me isn’t fight. But if it’s yours then totally fine.

D

Deleted member 15344

No I simply have a different definition to fight than you. Which is fine.

Imo they were foolish in their approach. It played into you hands. That to me isn’t fight. But if it’s yours then totally fine.

They are already relegated , they aren’t “scrapping” for a point , or needing a win , they went there , didn’t look to just sit deep and defend for their lives and create themselves a number of good openings especially in the first 30 mins. They were always going to be vulnerable but what other way should they play. If they were still in with a chance of staying up then they might have approached the game a bit more defensively

And in other news now the Sky commentators can stop going on about Spurs “home” perfect record

D

Deleted member 18121

Fantastic result for west ham, no luck for the spurs submarine today.👍