And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 16999

Find 1 penalty this season that you can say is not a pen. Go on, dare you.

We have imo one of the most skilful players in the league, who dribbles and tricks defenders for fun. We also build our style around him to get him into the danger areas. If defenders want to panic and foul him, then the best penalty taker in the league is going to get more practise.
Watched the game today and purposely kept an eye on Zaha.
The guy is incredibly skilfull, he was given loads of free kicks today and rightly so, every time he got the ball 2 or 3 Everton players surrounded him, if he turned one way he was blocked and when turning the other he was blocked.
To a degree I think opposition are scared of him and what we did today is the only way to limit the damage.
I’d have him at Everton tomorrow, but for his sake I reckon he’d be a world beater abroad in a League were he’d be given more space.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched the game today and purposely kept an eye on Zaha.
The guy is incredibly skilfull, he was given loads of free kicks today and rightly so, every time he got the ball 2 or 3 Everton players surrounded him, if he turned one way he was blocked and when turning the other he was blocked.
To a degree I think opposition are scared of him and what we did today is the only way to limit the damage.
I’d have him at Everton tomorrow, but for his sake I reckon he’d be a world beater abroad in a League were he’d be given more space.

As a staunch Palace fan I've loved .watching Zaha, and especially when Bolasie was playing on the other wing, but I reckon he'd be a luxury at a top club and wouldn't get the regular game that he craves with us

D

Deleted member 16999

As a staunch Palace fan I've loved .watching Zaha, and especially when Bolasie was playing on the other wing, but I reckon he'd be a luxury at a top club and wouldn't get the regular game that he craves with us
I just think he’s known in PL and he doesn’t get the space to express himself, you know better than me he’s devastating when given the chance to run at defenders.
Even today he was your biggest threat and created nothing, but was closed down from the first minute to the last.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Come on guys stop giving out gifts! It’s costing us points. Can’t grumble too much about the result as we didn’t do enough to get a draw, even helped out by Wolves giving us our goal.

Wolves. Good team, good manager and good fans

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think we are finding our feet In regards to tactics. Certainly back to our high press which is positive.

Hoping that Shane Longs current run doesn't convince the owners that we don't need a proper cf.

I’m hoping it doesn’t carry on next week! I can’t take another tense afternoon 😂

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
horrid line up, no creativity at all with no Ramsey or Ozil, Mhiki and Iwobi offering little as usual and then a red card for 2 soft yellows, and we change nothing, just hope to get to half time. both sides been rolling all over the place feigning injuries and whining like anything, modern football just gets worse and worse (hard for arsenal to complain as theyve been as bad if not worse)

cant to see how its any better in the 2nd half for Arsenal, relying on a makeshift defense to hold out and one of the 2 strikers to score from nowhere as no danger of anyone actually creating for them

bring on Thursday eh Dick

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
horrid line up, no creativity at all with no Ramsey or Ozil, Mhiki and Iwobi offering little as usual and then a red card for 2 soft yellows, and we change nothing, just hope to get to half time. both sides been rolling all over the place feigning injuries and whining like anything, modern football just gets worse and worse (hard for arsenal to complain as theyve been as bad if not worse)

cant to see how its any better in the 2nd half for Arsenal, relying on a makeshift defense to hold out and one of the 2 strikers to score from nowhere as no danger of anyone actually creating for them

bring on Thursday eh Dick

No use having £100 million worth of strikers on the pitch if you have nothing to provide them with

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Xhaka just not moved, watched his man run and have a free header stood watching from the edge of the box, its bad enough not being good enough but being lazy too just horrendous

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Emery clearly misunderstood the job application

We won’t accept constant top 4 as success doesn’t mean finish outside it

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
3 shocking defeats and performances in a week , missed most of today debacle, not missed much by all accounts.How do 2 central defenders get beat by a straight ball over top from a goalkeeper. That was shocking. Emery needs to get rid of most of these clowns who are either not good enough or not prepared to give 100% for the shirt. Always said they wont make top 4.looms like Emery is pinning all his Hope's on Europa league.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
hard to know what was the worst aspect of that hideous performance, got everything we deserved

Thing is Steve, those 6 goals conceded over the last 2 away matches must raise questions, especially as goal difference was always going to be key to 4th, but that has now given us an edge, and it could have been many more not for some good saves.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thing is Steve, those 6 goals conceded over the last 2 away matches must raise questions, especially as goal difference was always going to be key to 4th, but that has now given us an edge, and it could have been many more not for some good saves.

the list of things that raise questions is a long one, the asset value destruction and the awful wage negotiations of recent years at the very top as they are going to have even more of an effect going forward as finances get even tighter against rivals who will continue to spend and spend

was trying to think of how many of our current squad I would be gutted if left and struggled to get much past Aubameyang!

If you were serious about wanting to contend over the next few years youd probably keep Leno (maybe as reserve keeper tho!), maybe Kolaisnac, Torreira, Aubameyang, Lacazette and the rest would be the younger promising players, Maitlaind Niles, Guendozi, Nketiah, Smith Rowe, Nelson, Willock etc. That leaves a lot of holes to fill and a lot of deadwood to remove, especially with the nice fat contracts a lot of them have and wont be getting anywhere else