Man City - lost 6-0
Liverpool - lost 2-0
Spurs - lost 3-1
Arsenal - lost 2-0
Wolves - lost 2-1

Played 5 Lost 5

For 2 Against 15

It's one of those 'no *** Sherlock' moments when you read that isn't it 😜

Off the back of last nights derby, and the potential backlash from reading loads of negative press, and coupled with a potential false 9 crap formation, I fear the worst ☹️

#cfc

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Obviously. Although I’m sure he isn’t chopped down every time he falls over.....

Find 1 penalty this season that you can say is not a pen. Go on, dare you.

We have imo one of the most skilful players in the league, who dribbles and tricks defenders for fun. We also build our style around him to get him into the danger areas. If defenders want to panic and foul him, then the best penalty taker in the league is going to get more practise.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

We have imo one of the most skilful players in the league, who dribbles and tricks defenders for fun. We also build our style around him to get him into the danger areas. If defenders want to panic and foul him, then the best penalty taker in the league is going to get more practise.

Firstly my original post was said in jest. Albeit with some truth. Whether all the pens he’s won are legit or not is of no concern to me. But if you truly believe he has never dived/won a foul then your loyalty to the badge has blinded you.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Firstly my original post was said in jest. Albeit with some truth. Whether all the pens he’s won are legit or not is of no concern to me. But if you truly believe he has never dived/won a foul then your loyalty to the badge has blinded you.

You well know that there's a huge difference between "dived" and "won a foul". i don't approve of diving but tempting an opponent to foul you in the box is perfectly legitimate. We had the same some years back when Andrew Johnson was playing and regularly got fouled in the box. He was tiny, and if at full speed was touched by a 6 foot plus defender was bound to go over but I saw almost every home game and never once saw him "dive". Trouble was, managers like Ferguson would start bleating to the press about diving in order to stop referees giving penalties against them

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You well know that there's a huge difference between "dived" and "won a foul". i don't approve of diving but tempting an opponent to foul you in the box is perfectly legitimate. We had the same some years back when Andrew Johnson was playing and regularly got fouled in the box. He was tiny, and if at full speed was touched by a 6 foot plus defender was bound to go over but I saw almost every home game and never once saw him "dive". Trouble was, managers like Ferguson would start bleating to the press about diving in order to stop referees giving penalties against them
Every team has at least one player who will enhance their fall, however can you blame them when refs rarely give penalties unless the player hits the turf and also having a different foul standard in the box compared to the rest of the pitch ?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Blimey you boys are defensive 😂😂
AJ and Zaha have both been fouled plenty. They've also both won penalties (a term I hate), and they've also dived plenty too. Or are you genuinely saying that the most booked player in the PL for diving has been harshly judged every time?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I saw most of the home games when AJ "won" penalties and not once did I feel he dived,there were plenty of cert penalties that he didn't get, largely because opposition managers decided to call him a diver so as to put pressure on referees NOT to give them

D

Deleted member 15344

I saw most of the home games when AJ "won" penalties and not once did I feel he dived,there were plenty of cert penalties that he didn't get, largely because opposition managers decided to call him a diver so as to put pressure on referees NOT to give them
Remember when Benteke won that penalty in the last minute against Palace and it was nothing but accusations of diving even though he was touched - Benteke going down that day is the same way Johnson at times went down and Zaha at times goes down - same with Salah , Kane , Hazard , etc etc . Zaha is just as guilty as anyone of going down “too easily” or going down “anticipation of the touch” or “winning the penalty” or any other phrase that is bandied around these days.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I really wanted to dispute that, but it appears you're right, haha.

Code:
            Scored Missed   %
Milivojevic   19      2   90.5
Hazard        17      2   89.5
Milner        15      2   88.2
Kane          18      3   85.7
Aguero        24      4   85.7
Noble         23      4   85.2
Vardy         14      3   82.4
J.King         9      2   81.8

Pogba          7      3   70.0

(That's all Premier League penalties in their careers.)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Johnson use to go down easily for Fulham and I think had already earned a reputation by that stage and so we often didn't seem to get the decisions. I think players who seemingly go down under minimal contact are risking the referees not necessarily giving decisions and that some PL players are definitely tainted with that.

D

Deleted member 18588

Well he must have changed then because was doing it as a youngster at Birmingham before he joined Palace.

As at other clubs some tried to excuse his actions whilst others, myself included, were embarrassed by them.

D

Deleted member 18121

Oh good, Neville and Tyler commentating on the Liverpool game. Cannot stand these two.