And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The ref is right to wait and see how it develops, if Salah somehow wrestled free and got a shot away and scored then it would stand.

If he missed then the ref can still award the penalty. That’s what I would do anyway.
If you really think the ref would give a pen without him going down you havnt been paying attention.
That’s why players go down because the refs don’t give it unless they do.
Salah has gone down and been criticised for it but if he dosnt he gets nothing.
How long did the Cardiff defender have hold of him it was a joke , but the ref never blew until he went down!
It might be what you or me would do but unfortunately not prem refs.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Like what?

Did you miss the wink at the end of my post?

As for what you've missed, you've obviously not kept up with Homers predictions this season.....

I might be wrong but I think it might have something to do with Homer's ability to jinx any outcome, no matter how certain, by predicting it to happen. Hence the "a draw and so end all of those years of hurt at Anfield" end to his post being met with those responses. For example with Homer's previous if he predicted Easter would fall on a Sunday next year then it would almost certainly be on a Wednesday. :)

I thought both responses were in jest with regards to that.

I believe it’s about Homer having a cloudy crystal ball - he has made a few predictions in the past during matches that ended up going to opposite way and it looked like his predictions were the mark of doom in nothing but a jovial way and it’s been a running joke from all sides for over a year now I think.

It was reported, and therefore I had to look into it,
Didn’t like the Antichrist reference and whilst I get the running joke, just thought that it went a bit far and was being ganged up on a tad

he is an easy target and often doesn’t help himself, just doing my bit to help endangered species 👍

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you really think the ref would give a pen without him going down you havnt been paying attention.
How long did the Cardiff defender have hold of him it was a joke , but the ref never blew until he went down!

Sorry but that’s not always the case.

Good refs spot and penalise an infringement regardless of a man going to ground.

Really good refs let play continue as long as possible to see if the attacker can score despite the infringement before blowing.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Good refs spot and penalise an infringement regardless of a man going to ground.

Really good refs let play continue as long as possible to see if the attacker can score despite the infringement before blowing.
Of course it's not always the case, but the player being fouled isn't going to know whether the ref will give it or not as there is no consistency, and so much goes on in the box that isn't and should be punished.

D

Deleted member 1740

It was reported, and therefore I had to look into it,
Didn’t like the Antichrist reference and whilst I get the running joke, just thought that it went a bit far and was being ganged up on a tad

he is an easy target and often doesn’t help himself, just doing my bit to help endangered species 👍

If Homer was upset or offended by my comment then I profusely apologise.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I doubt Homer complained, he's got the skin of a rhino.

Would be interested to know if it was reported with a reason typed out or just left blank because it’s easy to click the report button when using a phone maybe it was done in error

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

I was entertaining family yesterday, so fleetingly watched the game, saw the slo mo of the penalty and let's just say that if it had been City and a penalty had not been given I would be livid. How long did he have hold of him. The fact Salah had to chuck himself down to get a penalty, well the decision to award a penelty should of been taken before that. As a defender you have to say it was poor, Salah had his back to the goal and enough time was used for others to get back.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Well you must be watching a different league cos there’s none of them in the prem.
Maybe in the past but not now.