And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Fish

Banned
Visit site
horrible selection yet again and got what we deserved, is there really a worse player that a club paid more than £30m for than Shodran Mustafi (even if he did win me a few quid for yet another booking)

really dont see why Torreira needed a rest, or Maitland Niles another rest, and yet again the depth of the squad horribly exposed and again hes forced into early substitutions to try and repair the damage

i know its not his squad but he doesnt half make some strange decisions with what hes got!

got to be close between man u arsenal and chelsea as to how many ins and outs there will be this summer (sadly we'll come a distant 3rd and still have most of this lot again next year no doubt)

Mustafi had a decent chance and squandered it, but Iwobi’s tame shot was really wasteful. The biggest and most noticeable crime was the space you were giving Zaha, right from the off he had so much room and still at the end you never closed him down, he orchestrated most things and at no time did you change anything to nullify him!

They could have had 3 at the break had they not fallen to Benteke again, who had a complete free header for his goal after a silly foul was given away. Ok you should have had a pen, and with VAR you’d have got it, but it was so quick and the ref was blindsided so he didn’t see it.

2 tough matches away now, you need at least 3+ points I think from those 2 alone to keep us at bay.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Enjoyable afternoon at the club watching the games. The Ole effect has definitely worn off and they looked very poor against an Everton side that can't even beat Fulham (shows just how unpredictable the league is). As poor as United were Arsenal looked as bad. I have to agree about Mustafi and he looks a long way from PL player. A good win for Liverpool on what could have been a tricky afternoon which all leads to Old Trafford in the week. On todays showing United could get turned over again but with it being a derby I can see it being a feisty affair and a draw and so end all of those years of hurt at Anfield

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Enjoyable afternoon at the club watching the games. The Ole effect has definitely worn off and they looked very poor against an Everton side that can't even beat Fulham (shows just how unpredictable the league is). As poor as United were Arsenal looked as bad. I have to agree about Mustafi and he looks a long way from PL player. A good win for Liverpool on what could have been a tricky afternoon which all leads to Old Trafford in the week. On todays showing United could get turned over again but with it being a derby I can see it being a feisty affair and a draw and so end all of those years of hurt at Anfield

Cue Pete, Stu, Phil et al baying for the blood of the Antichrist 😂👍

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Mustafi had a decent chance and squandered it, but Iwobi’s tame shot was really wasteful. The biggest and most noticeable crime was the space you were giving Zaha, right from the off he had so much room and still at the end you never closed him down, he orchestrated most things and at no time did you change anything to nullify him!

They could have had 3 at the break had they not fallen to Benteke again, who had a complete free header for his goal after a silly foul was given away. Ok you should have had a pen, and with VAR you’d have got it, but it was so quick and the ref was blindsided so he didn’t see it.

2 tough matches away now, you need at least 3+ points I think from those 2 alone to keep us at bay.

told you ages ago the only way we finish top 4 is if everyone else gives it to us, and even then not sure we'll take it! Emery is clearly focussed on Europa (and has been all year) and will selectively rest players in the prem and then play his best side in Europe, struggle to see us getting anything Wednesday

the Zaha situ boils straight down to selection as mentioned above, wtf Maitland Niles was doing on the bench to allow Jenkinson another 45 mins to prove he's not good enough I dont understand, but if youre going to play Jenkinson, at least give him some help against a guy you keep telling everyone you rate so highly! its almost as if its a ploy to try and get Zaha in the close season (like we'll ever pay the asking price!!!)

D

Deleted member 1740

Its great how Jurgen's tricky reds have turned everyone into a City fan 😂😂😂

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
:LOL: What a result. We've had some mad results the last few weeks. Wins over Chelsea, Arsenal and United mixed in with defeats to Fulham and West Ham. It's been a weird season but been much better in 2019.

D

Deleted member 16999

:LOL: What a result. We've had some mad results the last few weeks. Wins over Chelsea, Arsenal and United mixed in with defeats to Fulham and West Ham. It's been a weird season but been much better in 2019.
We beat West Ham mate, I think you mean Newcastle😜
You’re dizzy from today:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Cue Pete, Stu, Phil et al baying for the blood of the Antichrist 😂👍
Don't encourage him, if only he used this time to promote his blog instead of chatting tripe 😉

Err
Not sure what I’ve missed, but can’t see anything wrong with Homers post, it’s his opinion, reasoned arguments, non inflammatory.........so why jump on him,

If you don’t agree, then debate the points, or ignore him, but please don’t react like this,

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Missed opportunity to extend advantage but Arsenal still in the box seat.

RE: Salah, that was a penalty all day long.
The ref didn’t give it though until he went down.
That’s why players go down easy because if they don’t the ref ignores it.
So it’s not just the players who are at fault

D

Deleted member 1740

Err
Not sure what I’ve missed, but can’t see anything wrong with Homers post, it’s his opinion, reasoned arguments, non inflammatory.........so why jump on him,

If you don’t agree, then debate the points, or ignore him, but please don’t react like this,

Like what?

Did you miss the wink at the end of my post?

As for what you've missed, you've obviously not kept up with Homers predictions this season.....

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Err

I might be wrong but I think it might have something to do with Homer's ability to jinx any outcome, no matter how certain, by predicting it to happen. Hence the "a draw and so end all of those years of hurt at Anfield" end to his post being met with those responses. For example with Homer's previous if he predicted Easter would fall on a Sunday next year then it would almost certainly be on a Wednesday. :)

I thought both responses were in jest with regards to that.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Err

7f2.jpg

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
The ref didn’t give it though until he went down.
That’s why players go down easy because if they don’t the ref ignores it.
So it’s not just the players who are at fault

The ref is right to wait and see how it develops, if Salah somehow wrestled free and got a shot away and scored then it would stand.

If he missed then the ref can still award the penalty. That’s what I would do anyway.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Err

Yeah, if anyone should have a moan its Tashyboy, for Homer suggesting the titles on its way to Anfield. Or should I be thanking him 🤔😁

D

Deleted member 15344

Err

I believe it’s about Homer having a cloudy crystal ball - he has made a few predictions in the past during matches that ended up going to opposite way and it looked like his predictions were the mark of doom in nothing but a jovial way and it’s been a running joke from all sides for over a year now I think.