And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Good chance he won’t come back half as good as before.. it’s a tough injury for any player.. especially one who’s Weapon is pace

Fingers crossed because he is so young he will come back strong

Ruptured Achilles’ tendon, he’s in surgery now (tonight).

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thank Christ for that!! My god that was awful. I hate playing these crap teams that park the bus, under Poch we've always struggled against them, and Eriksen is normally the man we need to unlock them. He's delivered again with a cracking strike.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Thank Christ for that!! My god that was awful. I hate playing these crap teams that park the bus, under Poch we've always struggled against them, and Eriksen is normally the man we need to unlock them. He's delivered again with a cracking strike.

Oddly enough, Pep brought in Mahrez because he thought that more teams would park the bus like Brighton have done tonight, he thought Mahrez could be the man to help break down defences. Teams have parked the bus this season bigstyle. Mahrez however has been rubbish.
That aside, there's teams battling for the title, top four, Europa league and relegation. Tashyboy still sees a few twists and turns before the end of the season.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Happy days! We did first win at the library I’m hoping for first win at the toilet seat aswell 👌

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well that was a poxy game to watch,serves Brighton right for defending to much, quality strike from Erickson and a very important 3 points.

Brilliant defending from Brighton but to sit back so much is questionable, at least have some intent to get farther up the field, they have played some better football earlier in the season, a lot of fouls from them too.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well that was a poxy game to watch,serves Brighton right for defending to much, quality strike from Erickson and a very important 3 points.

Brilliant defending from Brighton but to sit back so much is questionable, at least have some intent to get farther up the field, they have played some better football earlier in the season, a lot of fouls from them too.
I don't blame them for playing that way at all, they're hardly likely to come and play us off the park. Teams like Bournemouth tend to naively try and do that, and we end up thumping them. I just hate how we always struggle against teams that do it though. Very frustrating and rubbish to watch.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Problem nowdays there's so much money to be earned if a team stays in the P/L , so i can understandable why Houghton is setting his team up like this,but I felt it went to far especially in the second half , puts a real pressure on a team to keep playing this way , fair enough to play defensively but defend a bit farther up the pitch at least this way when you get some possession you have more options to maybe at least try and Break forward and have a chance to grab a goal.

They will have to play a more open game against Newcastle and need to win that game to have a chance of staying up as I can't see them winning their other games if they park the bus.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Huge night of football tonight.

Wolves won't give Arsenal an easy time, they've been a very good team most of the season and a win could see them jump up to 7th, which is quite remarkable and would be well earned.

A draw would see Arsenal just move over us on goal difference which could be pivotal at the end of the season and something that United is well off the pace with.

On current form it's hard to look past City in the derby, or will utd turn up for this match, and if they do, and especially after the embarrassment of the Everton loss, what does that say about them as players and the the manager?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Massive game tonight
It’s a gut wrenching situation to be in.
I expect a better performance than against Everton but I think City will have too much for us to be honest.

Listening to Ole at his press conferences I believe we have a good manager,he certainly wants to be successful and all the fans are behind him.
That can’t be said of the players though and lots need to step up and a few need to leave,it certainly won’t happen overnight.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Problem nowdays there's so much money to be earned if a team stays in the P/L , so i can understandable why Houghton is setting his team up like this,but I felt it went to far especially in the second half , puts a real pressure on a team to keep playing this way , fair enough to play defensively but defend a bit farther up the pitch at least this way when you get some possession you have more options to maybe at least try and Break forward and have a chance to grab a goal.

They will have to play a more open game against Newcastle and need to win that game to have a chance of staying up as I can't see them winning their other games if they park the bus.
I don't really get what you mean. Spurs are the third best side in the league and vastly better than Brighton, they were never going to get much possession. Of course they won't set up the same against Newcastle because Newcastle are bang average. They nearly got an away point against us which would have meant it massively paid off.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Massive game tonight
I expect a better performance than against Everton but I think City will have too much for us to be honest.

Listening to Ole at his press conferences I believe we have a good manager,he certainly wants to be successful and all the fans are behind him.
That can’t be said of the players though and lots need to step up and a few need to leave,it certainly won’t happen overnight.
You need at least three new defenders in the summer, two centre backs and a right back. Plus I think you have far too many attacking midfielders, you need to trim the squad down in that area if anything. I agree with G-Nev when he was defending Young, don't slate the player when he's a square peg in a round hole covering the recruitment mistakes of the last 5 years.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Massive game tonight

No disrespect PJ, but sometimes you need to tak a step back to take a few steps forward. By that Ole needs to see who is not up to the task, who is the unsettling influence in the team. The one I would get rid of on the first day of the transfer season is Pogba. 1 game out of 10 he is proper world class. It's not enough. think there needs to be wholesale changes for Utd to get back to the top of the tree.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Looking at Spurs's recent away form, perhaps that's how they should set up?

:p;)

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
No disrespect PJ, but sometimes you need to tak a step back to take a few steps forward. By that Ole needs to see who is not up to the task, who is the unsettling influence in the team. The one I would get rid of on the first day of the transfer season is Pogba. 1 game out of 10 he is proper world class. It's not enough. think there needs to be wholesale changes for Utd to get back to the top of the tree.
I believe that’s the message Ole was making,he basically said he had to let players go but he couldn’t do it all at once.

Regarding Pogba that’s a tough one,he obviously has the talent but as you say he goes missing way too often.