And, we’re off.......2018/2019

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That does highlight the problem really. Most people would say Smalling and Jones should go, but they were both just given new contracts so they won't be sold this summer anyway. I don't agree with them that Romero is good enough to be first choice either. It's fair enough saying who should go, but they need to bring in some players as well and that means even more deadwood needs shifting.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Most people would say Smalling and Jones should go, but they were both just given new contracts so they won't be sold this summer anyway..
A modern day football players contract is almost worthless for anything other than saying how much he will be paid by that club for that fixed amount of time.
To say a player wont be sold or leave because he has a new contract is a wrong now. They are just tools for both parties to maximise revenue.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A modern day football players contract is almost worthless for anything other than saying how much he will be paid by that club for that fixed amount of time.
To say a player wont be sold or leave because he has a new contract is a wrong now. They are just tools for both parties to maximise revenue.
I agree that contracts are worthless, but it's also extremely rare that a player is sold just 3 or 4 months after signing a new one. That usually shows some intent to keep the player.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I believe that’s the message Ole was making,he basically said he had to let players go but he couldn’t do it all at once.

Regarding Pogba that’s a tough one,he obviously has the talent but as you say he goes missing way too often.

Pogba isnt a difficult one to be honest.. get rid ASAP.. the bloke stinks out the place. he cares more about his haircuts than his football.. he has all the ability to dominate games and be world class but how many games is he actually decent in?

He did an interview for sky saying something like "ive won the world cup ill be the leader to help people" erm mate you are the problem! your attitude has lead to the situation UTD are in

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just noticed that after tonight's humdinger, Utd have Chelsea on Sunday, will Ole rest anyone tonight for the Chelsea game. As we used to say in old money, that's a six pointer.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just noticed that after tonight's humdinger, Utd have Chelsea on Sunday, will Ole rest anyone tonight for the Chelsea game. As we used to say in old money, that's a six pointer.
Pogba isnt a difficult one to be honest.. get rid ASAP.. the bloke stinks out the place. he cares more about his haircuts than his football.. he has all the ability to dominate games and be world class but how many games is he actually decent in?

He did an interview for sky saying something like "ive won the world cup ill be the leader to help people" erm mate you are the problem! your attitude has lead to the situation UTD are in

Plus what could you do with £100 plus million. On top of what Ole has been promised.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I don't really get what you mean. Spurs are the third best side in the league and vastly better than Brighton, they were never going to get much possession. Of course they won't set up the same against Newcastle because Newcastle are bang average. They nearly got an away point against us which would have meant it massively paid off.

What I mean is the way they play against the top teams is too defensive and always lose anyway, so why not still play a defensive game but not so deep , at least this way when they break they will have players in midfield to try and create something,It nearly worked against us but they still lost as they’ve done against most of the top teams.

I felt sorry for the Brighton players they worked hard to get a point and must be demoralizing for them.

Look at there last 10 results they’ve hardly scored that must say they are setting up to negatively.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was going to put up a list of players I'd look to move on, quickly realised it'd be quicker to list those I'd keep!
I'd keep the following.
De Gea, Shaw, Dalot, Lindelof, Jones, Lingard, McDominate, Fred, Rashford, Martial, Pereira ............................... can't really think of any others.
Not sure about Pogba and Herrera.
Bin the rest!

D

Deleted member 18588

I was going to put up a list of players I'd look to move on, quickly realised it'd be quicker to list those I'd keep!
I'd keep the following.
De Gea, Shaw, Dalot, Lindelof, Jones, Lingard, McDominate, Fred, Rashford, Martial, Pereira ............................... can't really think of any others.
Bin the rest!

Jones!!

Really?

I don't rate Smalling very highly but by comparison with the aforementioned Phil Jones he looks world class.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'd keep the following.
Bin the rest!

I think that’s the big problem with Man Utd - just look at that list of players and how many would get into the top 3 sides say ? 1st 11 maybe just De Gea at Spurs but none in City or Liverpool - players like Rashford could be in the squad. It must make you think were has all the money been spent ?

Lindelof ? Jones ? I know McTommiey is a young player but doesn’t seem to stand out same with Peirera and Dalot - that looks one hell of an expensive rebuild job plus some clever signings

D

Deleted member 1740

Yup ............................... he'd absolutely die for the badge, and that's what United need right now!

They need quality too.

Is Lukaku injured or the current hide and seek champion? 😉

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think that’s the big problem with Man Utd - just look at that list of players and how many would get into the top 3 sides say ? 1st 11 maybe just De Gea at Spurs but none in City or Liverpool - players like Rashford could be in the squad. It must make you think were has all the money been spent ?

Lindelof ? Jones ? I know McTommiey is a young player but doesn’t seem to stand out same with Peirera and Dalot - that looks one hell of an expensive rebuild job plus some clever signings

DDG gets in all of them for me, if you can turn the on switch then so does Pogba, other than that theres not a huge amount of quality, a few with potential

No Aubameyang for Arsenal tonight :(