And, we’re off.......2018/2019

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think Gotze is a similar (better) Shaqiri, nit sure he’d wanna join and face so much competition. If he leaves I think it’ll be somewhere as a guaranteed starter to reinvigorate his career.

I think liverpool may have been trying to negotiate price for Fekir and decided to play a little hard ball. Not sure it’ll work after a World Cup win, albeit not too much game time for him.

I think ink you still need a LB, but your starting 11is as good as anyone’s atm imo.

What as back up? Robertson is outstanding

D

Deleted member 15344

I think Gotze is a similar (better) Shaqiri, nit sure he’d wanna join and face so much competition. If he leaves I think it’ll be somewhere as a guaranteed starter to reinvigorate his career.

I think liverpool may have been trying to negotiate price for Fekir and decided to play a little hard ball. Not sure it’ll work after a World Cup win, albeit not too much game time for him.

I think ink you still need a LB, but your starting 11is as good as anyone’s atm imo.

Robertson is the left back and we have Clyne who can provide back up if needed plus also AA and Gomez - for the first time in a while the back line is prob somewhere that doesn’t need strengthening

Only see snippets of Fekir and he does look very good - certainly would give a lot of midfield options

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are you unable to read ? Did you not see comment that makes suggestions to the “u turn” ? Do you understand that meaning ? Must be an Everton fan

Haha. That was too easy. It was a joke, you need to chill out.

not sure who else Klopp has in his sights , think Lemar price a touch over the top

Lemar's going to Atletico - preliminary agreement was signed back in June.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Robertson is the left back and we have Clyne who can provide back up if needed plus also AA and Gomez - for the first time in a while the back line is prob somewhere that doesn’t need strengthening

Only see snippets of Fekir and he does look very good - certainly would give a lot of midfield options

I think he works better further forward (as one of your 3), but think your midfield has been strengthened well.

Forgot about Robertson..... not sure I rate Clyde there though and imo Gomez and AA need to play on their preferred roles so they can grow as players, not be moved about and then lose confidence.

Gomez next to VVD would be a brave call, hard to leave the best cb in the world on the bench 😜, but feel Gomez is a great prospect at centre. He was found out a few times whenever a cross came from the opposite side when he was playing full back.

D

Deleted member 15344

Looking more and more likely. They're flashing the cash left right and centre, it's got to come from somewhere.

Spending the Coutinho and telly money we have been in credit over the past few years - add in a few players like Sturridge , Ings , Mignolet going adds a few pennies in

Happy to have a wager that come the end of the transfer window Salah will still be a Liverpool player. Only people that has even mentioned Salah going to Madrid were the Madrid based media just before the CL , since then the player and agent have laughed off any previous talk.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Spending the Coutinho and telly money we have been in credit over the past few years - add in a few players like Sturridge , Ings , Mignolet going adds a few pennies in

Happy to have a wager that come the end of the transfer window Salah will still be a Liverpool player. Only people that has even mentioned Salah going to Madrid were the Madrid based media just before the CL , since then the player and agent have laughed off any previous talk.

How much realistically can you expect for those 3?

I reckon just getting of Sturridge from the wage bill would be a bonus. The other 2 hardly set the world alight either. I know the market is crazy, but I don’t expect them to cover a single decent player purchase.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just seen this on Twitter.......

Klopp, 2016:

"Other clubs can go out and spend more money, I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money."

Keita - £54m
Fabinho - £45m
van Dijk - £70m (world record for defender)
Alisson - £62m (world record for keeper)
Fekir - £60m

D

Deleted member 15344

I think he works better further forward (as one of your 3), but think your midfield has been strengthened well.

Forgot about Robertson..... not sure I rate Clyde there though and imo Gomez and AA need to play on their preferred roles so they can grow as players, not be moved about and then lose confidence.

Gomez next to VVD would be a brave call, hard to leave the best cb in the world on the bench 😜, but feel Gomez is a great prospect at centre. He was found out a few times whenever a cross came from the opposite side when he was playing full back.

Yep Gomez got caught out a few times with someone on the back post but think he will end up as a CB - Klopps response to that quote was funny , in fairness to Lovren since VVD arrived he has been brilliant - I expect Klopp sees him as part of his number one partnership , hopefully it’s a partnership that keeps getting better - the arrival of VVD was immense for us

The if Fekir does arrive then the options for the front 6 are impressive and finally has a bit of depth to it with players like Gini , Henderson , Shaqiri, Ox being back up maybe

I think if the signings go through I can see this as the line up to start

Gk - Allison/Ward

RB - AA/Clyne
CB Lovren
CB VVD
LB Robertson

M - Henderson/Fabinho
M - Keita
M - Fekir

F - Mane
F - Firmino
F - Salah

Think on paper it looks a very good 11 but got to rely on the front three firing

Could be a great season to look ahead too

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just read that Liverpool are 4 million short of Roma's asking price. Could be Rammel talk but if Liverpool are 4 million short, I would suggest they find it very soon. An excellent buy.
joking aside, it did make me chuckle that they are looking at a keeper that let 7 past him when Roma played Liverpool last season

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just a random question...

gloves.jpg

What on earth is going on with goalies gloves! These are freakin huge, how easy do they want it?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It's that time of the year when the new kits are out, Utd have started the silly season by charging £183 for a full " authentic" kit.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
It's that time of the year when the new kits are out, Utd have started the silly season by charging £183 for a full " authentic" kit.

Man City’s is £160. You don’t charge as much because demand isn’t there because you don’t have the fan base. Save any faux outrage.

D

Deleted member 1740

Do you wear the shorts over your speedos and with your crocs Tashy??:rofl:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep Gomez got caught out a few times with someone on the back post but think he will end up as a CB - Klopps response to that quote was funny , in fairness to Lovren since VVD arrived he has been brilliant - I expect Klopp sees him as part of his number one partnership , hopefully it’s a partnership that keeps getting better - the arrival of VVD was immense for us

The if Fekir does arrive then the options for the front 6 are impressive and finally has a bit of depth to it with players like Gini , Henderson , Shaqiri, Ox being back up maybe

I think if the signings go through I can see this as the line up to start

Gk - Allison/Ward

RB - AA/Clyne
CB Lovren
CB VVD
LB Robertson

M - Henderson/Fabinho
M - Keita
M - Fekir

F - Mane
F - Firmino
F - Salah

Think on paper it looks a very good 11 but got to rely on the front three firing

Could be a great season to look ahead too
I think you're misjudging Fekir, there's very little chance of him playing midfield in a 4-3-3, unless it's very advanced. You'd be looking at a 4-2-3-1 in that case, which is a bit different to what you lot were playing last season. I'd say he plays in the front three if he arrives. Your squad will be enormous by that point. Zero chance of keeping everyone happy. You'll have to make some sales, Wijnaldum for example is getting nowhere near this team anymore.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Who the hell buys the full kit anyway?? :rofl:

As a Spurs member, they send me a 15% discount for the online store on my birthday, and luckily my birthday is September so it's a decent excuse to order a new Spurs shirt then.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh, and I've just seen these quotes from Daniel Sturridge:

“I see myself staying at Liverpool, hopefully being part of the team week in, week out,” Sturridge told the Daily Mirror. “Pre-season is going well, so for me it’s keeping my head down and building on that. I’m excited about the season ahead and it feels great to be back.”

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Good luck with that Dan!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh, and I've just seen these quotes from Daniel Sturridge:

“I see myself staying at Liverpool, hopefully being part of the team week in, week out,” Sturridge told the Daily Mirror. “Pre-season is going well, so for me it’s keeping my head down and building on that. I’m excited about the season ahead and it feels great to be back.”

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Good luck with that Dan!

Such a shame what happened to him. He really would be the perfect partner to kane.. pace and skill. Shame he developed injury issues

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you're misjudging Fekir, there's very little chance of him playing midfield in a 4-3-3, unless it's very advanced. You'd be looking at a 4-2-3-1 in that case, which is a bit different to what you lot were playing last season. I'd say he plays in the front three if he arrives. Your squad will be enormous by that point. Zero chance of keeping everyone happy. You'll have to make some sales, Wijnaldum for example is getting nowhere near this team anymore.

Yeah, Fekir's more of a central CAM/False-nine type player, imagine the role Griezmann has been playing for France, so wouldn't really slot into a 4-3-3 midfield.

Also hilarious that even after specifying "if the transfers go through" it's still "Alisson/Ward" in Phil's team. £62m and he's still in possible rotation with Ward.

I would expect Liverpool to line-up:

Alisson

TAA
Lovren
Van Dijk
Robertson

Henderson
Fabinho
Keita

Salah
Mane
Firmino

Struggle to see how you play Keita and Fekir in the same team and maintain any sort of balance. If he signs he plays instead of Firmino or you risk going too top-heavy, or you play him slightly out of position on the wings, a position he's okay at but he's no Coutinho. I don't think Liverpool really need him, feels like spending money for spending moneys sake.