And, we’re off.......2018/2019

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's that time of the year when the new kits are out, Utd have started the silly season by charging £183 for a full " authentic" kit.

Its a BS press story the 3rd kit was out 2 months ago at the same price?
Authentic kit is near twice the price of the replica and hardly any get sold.
All adidas gear is same price Real Juve United etc.

At the end of the day its your choic eto buy it or not.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, Fekir's more of a central CAM/False-nine type player, imagine the role Griezmann has been playing for France, so wouldn't really slot into a 4-3-3 midfield.

Also hilarious that even after specifying "if the transfers go through" it's still "Alisson/Ward" in Phil's team. £62m and he's still in possible rotation with Ward.

I would expect Liverpool to line-up:

Alisson

TAA
Lovren
Van Dijk
Robertson

Henderson
Fabinho
Keita

Salah
Mane
Firmino

Struggle to see how you play Keita and Fekir in the same team and maintain any sort of balance. If he signs he plays instead of Firmino or you risk going too top-heavy, or you play him slightly out of position on the wings, a position he's okay at but he's no Coutinho. I don't think Liverpool really need him, feels like spending money for spending moneys sake.
Yeah I agree with that. On Fekir they'd be spending an awful lot of money for a guy who doesn't exactly walk into their strongest line-up. He'd be rotation at best I think. In a way that's a compliment to Liverpool, very hard to improve that attack.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Perhaps with Real Madrid having a bit more cash from the Ronaldo sale and sniffing around Courtois he decided to act now before Chelsea go for him.
Chelsea were linked to Schmeichel, or, rather hilariously, Petr Cech this morning! I guess this is what no Champion's League does for you. Schmeichel wouldn't be bad (although he's nowhere near as young as I thought he was), but imagine if they brought Cech back in as no. 1! They'd be a laughing stock.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The only problem with Liverpool signing Alison is that I'm not sure how his acne is going to go over in those Nivea commercials. :mmm:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Chelsea were linked to Schmeichel, or, rather hilariously, Petr Cech this morning! I guess this is what no Champion's League does for you. Schmeichel wouldn't be bad (although he's nowhere near as young as I thought he was), but imagine if they brought Cech back in as no. 1! They'd be a laughing stock.

When the press were having a field day with linking every keeper to replace Bravo, schmiechels name was mentioned. We went for ederson , and I thought who?
Some time later we played Leicester and I watched schmiechel and he was woeful, his distribution was atrocious. Never been convinced he is a top keeper. His prem league winners medal may say otherwise.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When the press were having a field day with linking every keeper to replace Bravo, schmiechels name was mentioned. We went for ederson , and I thought who?
Some time later we played Leicester and I watched schmiechel and he was woeful, his distribution was atrocious. Never been convinced he is a top keeper. His prem league winners medal may say otherwise.
Schmeichel was a City youth player in the first place but never really got a look in. Or didn't impress enough anyway.

I don't rate him among the world's best at all, no. But Chelsea would struggle to attract any of the world's best keepers without Champion's League now I feel. Schmeichel is a solid Prem goalkeeper, and he had a very good World Cup with Denmark.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
His prem league winners medal may say otherwise.

Come on Tashy, there are plenty of lemons over the years that have league winners medals that suggest it is not a sign of ability. It's a team game after all and a dodgy player can be carried.

In terms of Schmeical I think he is a more than solid keeper and I'd have no problem having him at my club if we needed a keeper. I haven't watched him as closely live as you have though so I accept my judgement may be out.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

what you have to remember with schmeichel is he was youth keeper or just breaking into the team at the same time as Hart .. same age.. well thats how I remember them lol i remember thinking Hart was a lot better ( at the time) and kasper was only getting a game because of who his dad was

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44877812

What a huge shame for the Ox, the club and England. At least after going no-where at Arsenal he was looking the real deal.
Hope his recovery is full and complete.

here here, devastating news as was expecting a big season from him. Hopefully Lallana can get fit and reproduce some of his form from the season before last and play Ox's role.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Schmeichel was a City youth player in the first place but never really got a look in. Or didn't impress enough anyway.

I don't rate him among the world's best at all, no. But Chelsea would struggle to attract any of the world's best keepers without Champion's League now I feel. Schmeichel is a solid Prem goalkeeper, and he had a very good World Cup with Denmark.

I still think were an attractive proposition to play for, we’re the best club in London, with or without CL, temporarily 😉