And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
what you have to remember with schmeichel is he was youth keeper or just breaking into the team at the same time as Hart .. same age.. well thats how I remember them lol i remember thinking Hart was a lot better ( at the time) and kasper was only getting a game because of who his dad was

This is spot on, first time I saw Hart and Schmeichel in the same squad was in a pre season game at Lincoln. Schmiechel looked small, very small. He got into the City set up because his old man played a season for us. Keeping them both out was the legend David Seaman. I remember he let a 40 yard shot in that Stevie wonder could of stopped. Think we we drew 2-2.
my point re Schmiechel is I do not think he is a top four keeper. When I look at City, Utd, Spurs, Liverpool of they get Allison, Chelsea ( at the mo) he would not get mentioned in there breath.

LT, I dropped in the comment re KS getting a Prem winners medal before anyone else chucked it in 😉

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tash, didn't mean to be spikey. I just chuckled at the thought of a medal being a barometer of talent. Think over the years of squad players who have walked away with medals 😱😱.

I'd put Schmeicel in the 5-8 category. Not a top 4 keeper but good enough to be in the next level of teams.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tash, didn't mean to be spikey. I just chuckled at the thought of a medal being a barometer of talent. Think over the years of squad players who have walked away with medals .

I'd put Schmeicel in the 5-8 category. Not a top 4 keeper but good enough to be in the next level of teams.
Well, should be perfect for Chelsea then. :thup:

From a couple of articles I just googled, here are supposedly some of the worst players to have won the Premier League:
Igor Stepanovs, Pascal Cygan, Kieran Richardson, Darron Gibson, Tom Cleverley, Richie De Laet, David May, Jesper Blomqvist, Jeremie Aliadiere. :D

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site

From a couple of articles I just googled, here are supposedly some of the worst players to have won the Premier League:
Igor Stepanovs, Pascal Cygan, Kieran Richardson, Darron Gibson, Tom Cleverley, Richie De Laet, David May, Jesper Blomqvist, Jeremie Aliadiere. :D

David May was a perfectly fine player for United - he helped the squad out immensely. Loads of time for that man.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

Luke Chadwick?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Liverpool and Leicester have agreed a £10m fee for Danny Ward. He's gone from Liverpool's Number 1 to Leicesters Number 2 in a matter of days. I thought Klopp preferred to give youngsters a chance?

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Liverpool and Leicester have agreed a £10m fee for Danny Ward. He's gone from Liverpool's Number 1 to Leicesters Number 2 in a matter of days. I thought Klopp preferred to give youngsters a chance?

£10m is a lot for a back up keeper. Perhaps Kasper is on his way and they are getting his replacement in early.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
:rofl:
Klopp doesn't half talk a load of old cobblers. He's almost reached Mourinho levels of habitual lying now.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
£10m is a lot for a back up keeper. Perhaps Kasper is on his way and they are getting his replacement in early.

Apparently Schmeichel is staying at Leicester. They value him at £50m and no-one is willing to meet that valuation. All the reports I've read so far are that Ward will be Kaspers back-up at Leicester. We shall see how it plays out.