And, we’re off.......2018/2019

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Chaps, all this FPL talk, would it be an idea to set up a GMF league ? There's loads on here with strong opinions and it would be interesting to see how it translates to actually selecting a team on FPL. Could be fun !!!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think we had one set-up last year - think it was called Golf Monthly Classic - person that started it just needs to renew the league and everyone that entered will be back in.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I remember when Milner played left back for a season, the following year he was listed under defenders, but in reality he was back in midfield, and taking penalties and corners as well! He was a gold mine that year.

I think Delph did play at left back more than anywhere else, but it's another one where you just know he's a midfielder at the end of the day.

My main debate at the moment is whether to spend the big bucks on Salah or not.

Well he took the Champs league final and basically the World Cup off so will be much more rested than Kane lol

However In seriousness Liverpool host us at home first game of the season.. with all our new signings taking time to gel like you say it could be a landslide

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
So, from a quick browse of Twitter - this is what has happened regarding Alisson to Liverpool today:

- Supposed £62m bid tabled by Liverpool
- His agent is speaking with Roma later today
- His agent also liked a picture on Instagram of Alisson in a Liverpool kit
- Alisson has removed "Roma" from his Instagram bio

Seems like it could be happening. If it does happen, and the Fekir move back-on rumours are true a Liverpool transfer window which sees them buy Keita, Fabinho, Shaqiri, Alisson and Fekir would be very, very good progress.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Liverpool have supposedly made a £62m bid for Alisson Becker. I thought Klopp was sticking with Ward?

It makes no sense whatsoever following what I have read on here. First of all Karius can be trusted, he is all they need. Next Ward can be trusted, he is all they need. In Klopp we trust, give youth a chance, he sees them in training all the time. I'm very confused :confused:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It makes no sense whatsoever following what I have read on here. First of all Karius can be trusted, he is all they need. Next Ward can be trusted, he is all they need. In Klopp we trust, give youth a chance, he sees them in training all the time. I'm very confused :confused:

Spending the salah to Madrid money early lol

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

reckon you must be suffering a bout of concussion? Did anyone bump into you down the pub at the weekend? ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

Seems like a pretty expensive back-up to Ward!

Are you unable to read ? Did you not see comment that makes suggestions to the “u turn” ? Do you understand that meaning ? Must be an Everton fan

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Well in a U turn from all the talk last week the bid for Allison has been made if the solid sources are to be believed

£53 mil upfront plus a bit later

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....pool-news-transfers-live-alisson-14914786.amp

I hope he is worth it 

A bit more talk on Fekir but most coming from the French side , did see a report about Draxler being available- not sure which would be a better less risky fit

I like the look of Fekir. Draxler has been spoken about lots and bigged up forever, but doesn’t seem to do enough for me.

Fekir also a little more direct and imo would fit Liverpool better as he’ll imo score more than Draxler.

D

Deleted member 15344

I like the look of Fekir. Draxler has been spoken about lots and bigged up forever, but doesn’t seem to do enough for me.

Fekir also a little more direct and imo would fit Liverpool better as he’ll imo score more than Draxler.

I think I’m on the same line as that - just strange to understand why the club pulled away when Fekir was pretty much signed ? Is there the risk for his knee - not sure who else Klopp has in his sights , think Lemar price a touch over the top. Did see a report as well about Gotze , wonder if that’s worth the chance to get him back on track

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I think I’m on the same line as that - just strange to understand why the club pulled away when Fekir was pretty much signed ? Is there the risk for his knee - not sure who else Klopp has in his sights , think Lemar price a touch over the top. Did see a report as well about Gotze , wonder if that’s worth the chance to get him back on track

I think Gotze is a similar (better) Shaqiri, nit sure he’d wanna join and face so much competition. If he leaves I think it’ll be somewhere as a guaranteed starter to reinvigorate his career.

I think liverpool may have been trying to negotiate price for Fekir and decided to play a little hard ball. Not sure it’ll work after a World Cup win, albeit not too much game time for him.

I think ink you still need a LB, but your starting 11is as good as anyone’s atm imo.