And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So with Lloris making a very high profile error on prob the biggest stage in football and I believe not the first error he has made do you think Spurs will be negligent going into the season with Lloris there - that was a proper howler which thank god for him the world class players in front of him made sure it wasn’t so crucial ?
Loris is prone to these but you can’t deny that he’s a quality keeper.
Liverpools keeper problem is well documented and we are only guessing.
I hope he gets a new one but we will have to wait and see.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So with Lloris making a very high profile error on prob the biggest stage in football and I believe not the first error he has made do you think Spurs will be negligent going into the season with Lloris there - that was a proper howler which thank god for him the world class players in front of him made sure it wasn’t so crucial ?

Think the only keeper who gave a good showing this World Cup was Pickford

De gea had a poor World Cup
Lloris high profile mistake
Neuer average

D

Deleted member 16999

Just on Granada Reports that Everton won 22-0
The clip they showed for the twentieth the keeper was having a fag leaning on the post???
This must be a record score.
That was the one the linesman flagged for offside, the keeper stopped and Mirallas rolled it into the net.
Put on before it was only arranged a few days back as a thank you to them for hosting Everton, they made a bit of money via gate receipts.
Depends on which report you read they are either 4th, 5th or 7th tier of Austrian Football.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
so many players to gel works both ways.. we actually need the squad depth.. we dont need to put them on the bench that was just an example to say we can still play Arnie, Hernandez.. kouyate, obiang, zabs, rice, cresswell who all have premier league experiance with wilshere and Fabinanski to improve us

what I say is it wont hurt us because its already improved us in depth .. not like spurs who were higher and couldnt do aswell

I see us lining up in a 4 2 2 2 formation that MP used at city before

—————Fabianski

Fredericks Diop Ogbonna masuku

————Wilshere Obiang
——Anderson ——Yarmolenko

———-arnie ——Hernandez

Some decent buys there (especially Fredericks in my slightly biased view). Will be interesting to see how/if they gel. If they do then Europa League qualification must be a target surely. Where do you see them finishing?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some decent buys there (especially Fredericks in my slightly biased view). Will be interesting to see how/if they gel. If they do then Europa League qualification must be a target surely. Where do you see them finishing?

Europa league I think is out of the picture because the comp is so hard to get .. but top 8 would be great .. I’d be happy with top half. Plus a decent cup run in either cup

I’d love to see us target the league cup tbh

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Europa league I think is out of the picture because the comp is so hard to get .. but top 8 would be great .. I’d be happy with top half. Plus a decent cup run in either cup

The league cup is a funny one these days. No-one seems to take it that seriously. I guess if you put strong sides out each round (and you're getting the size of squad to do that) then you'll have a chance. Top eight would be a decent season.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The league cup is a funny one these days. No-one seems to take it that seriously. I guess if you put strong sides out each round (and you're getting the size of squad to do that) then you'll have a chance. Top eight would be a decent season.

League cup is a trophy and for me it should be deemed important

It comes with an europa league place for winning

Build from there

Slow and steady

We invested heavily this summer but providing all goes well we only need improving slightly like most clubs

Just keep going until we are a top of table side every season with no chance of bottle 6

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

So you are really comparing Loriuus making the odd mistake to the crap you have. And you wonder why people don't take your posts serious. I am sure if you had Lorius between the sticks you would be chomping at the bit to win he title.

D

Deleted member 15344

So you are really comparing Loriuus making the odd mistake to the crap you have. And you wonder why people don't take your posts serious. I am sure if you had Lorius between the sticks you would be chomping at the bit to win he title.

A couple of things -

I didn’t mention anything about our keeper so not sure why you are

Lloris makes mistakes in high profile game so don’t see him being the answer

And you have already kindly informed me to worry about what goes on at my own club - so please do take your own advice here it is to remind you

“You just worry about what happens at your club and let the events at the other 91 clubs go over your head and pan out in their own way”

Surely you don’t want to show double standards now

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

To be honest I don't know a lot about who you have signed but there have been rumours you are interested in YaYa. Hope to god you don't get him. He is well past it.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That was the one the linesman flagged for offside, the keeper stopped and Mirallas rolled it into the net.
Put on before it was only arranged a few days back as a thank you to them for hosting Everton, they made a bit of money via gate receipts.
Depends on which report you read they are either 4th, 5th or 7th tier of Austrian Football.
I would go for 7th

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be honest I don't know a lot about who you have signed but there have been rumours you are interested in YaYa. Hope to god you don't get him. He is well past it.

He is offering his next club a deal that if they aren’t happy with his performances then he will pay back his wages

I wouldn’t be surprised if the David’s can’t resist a bit of that.. love a bargain

Personally think we have enough youth players to fill in so don’t need many more in. If being picky would want a DM and then that’s it

Striker wise we have Hernández and arnie .. I’d rather see young Martínez given a chance over bringing someone else in .. we also signed an average striker in January. Least he could do a job.. beats carroll who’s never fit

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dear Phil one day you will realise that generally your posts are total crap and people just tolerate you. The sooner you take a step backwards and say to yourself ' phil you are a knob take step back son and appreciate what others are saying' the more people might respond to you more favourabley. So take a chill pill accept what others say and go with the flow. Not everybody is against you

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
so many players to gel works both ways.. we actually need the squad depth.. we dont need to put them on the bench that was just an example to say we can still play Arnie, Hernandez.. kouyate, obiang, zabs, rice, cresswell who all have premier league experiance with wilshere and Fabinanski to improve us

what I say is it wont hurt us because its already improved us in depth .. not like spurs who were higher and couldnt do aswell

I see us lining up in a 4 2 2 2 formation that MP used at city before

—————Fabianski

Fredericks Diop Ogbonna masuku

————Wilshere Obiang
——Anderson ——Yarmolenko

———-arnie ——Hernandez

On paper that is a lovely looking team. Anderson and Yarmolenko on the wings will be a scary proposition for any defence in the league. I'd probably play them on opposing wings though with Yarmolenko on the right so that he can cut in and use his left (which is where he generally plays) and then have Anderson on the left. He's more two-footed but again playing on the left as an inside-forward like Hazard. But the bonus of having players like Anderson and Yarmolenko is that during the game they can switch wings and both be comfortable from either side of the field. Two very good signings!

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I still think West Ham have gone way over-the-top with the signings. I've said it before and I'll say it again - very rarely has a club taken this scattergun approach to signings and had immediate success. It takes time for a team to gel, and in that line-up above, you've got 6 new signings in starting positions! Over half the side. I can see results being hard to come by in the first few months, and given how the West Ham chairmen are a pair of total idiots, Pellegrini could end up losing his job by Christmas.

As a Spurs fan I'm actually a bit apprehensive about our own start to this season. The sheer number of players we had at the latter stages of the World Cup could hurt us big time. Lloris, Trippier, Jan, (Toby but he's likely to be leaving,) Rose, Dier, Dembele, Alli and Kane all still there at the final stages, as well as Eriksen and D.Sanchez who made it to the knockouts. That and we've made zero signings for squad depth so far. Lots of work to be done these next 3 weeks.