And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The funny thing though, is that city’s youth keeper, Angus Gunn now of Southampton, is probably the best prospect of all of the young keepers coming through and most likely to fill a top 6 no 1 shirt for the bulk of his career.

He was absolutely faultless at Norwich last season, better than Forster was at a similar stage in his career.

Well am glad you brought this up again CY, coz I don't wanna be accused of pushing City's players again. Even though I mentioned Gunn previously. As I mentioned I would like to see younger English sorry British players given a chance. I would of liked to of seen Gunn as a reserve keeper for City and Bravo gone. A player who has a shed load of trophies but was completely useless. But we all knew that before he signed didn't we, well some of us did apparently. But Gunn Going to Southampton, a keeper who played U 21's for England is similar to the Trippier situation when he was at City. He was never gonna get in the team in front of Zabaleta, so off he went to Burnley. Since then his career has sky rocketed.
Orikoru, I am saying ( again, third time) that I am glad that Klopp is giving youth a chance. And a keeper at 25 is young. I brought city into it because I said (again ) that I wish pep would give some of his younger players more of a chance. I appreciate that other clubs do, but how many of the top third teams that play European football actually do.

D

Deleted member 16999

Well am glad you brought this up again CY, coz I don't wanna be accused of pushing City's players again. Even though I mentioned Gunn previously. As I mentioned I would like to see younger English sorry British players given a chance. I would of liked to of seen Gunn as a reserve keeper for City and Bravo gone. A player who has a shed load of trophies but was completely useless. But we all knew that before he signed didn't we, well some of us did apparently. But Gunn Going to Southampton, a keeper who played U 21's for England is similar to the Trippier situation when he was at City. He was never gonna get in the team in front of Zabaleta, so off he went to Burnley. Since then his career has sky rocketed.
Orikoru, I am saying ( again, third time) that I am glad that Klopp is giving youth a chance. And a keeper at 25 is young. I brought city into it because I said (again ) that I wish pep would give some of his younger players more of a chance. I appreciate that other clubs do, but how many of the top third teams that play European football actually do.
Karius and Ward are the same age, infact, according to wikipedia, they share the same birthday, it’s nothing to do with giving youth a chance, Karius isn’t good enough for the level LPool are at.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Seems ironic that they went to Stoke and walked past Butland to get shaqiri.

Some teams/managers are never prepared to pay for a keeper and suffer for years as a consequence. Wenger is the obvious example. Even my own lot (West ham) have two middling keepers, they would have been better spending good money on one decent one and getting a cheap kid as back up.

Credit to pep. He realised he had mucked up, held his nose and did the right thing.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some pictures have been released on twitter / signing announced just awaiting official announcement

West Ham have signed Fabian Balbuena from Corinthians for reported 4 million (release clause) 25 year old centre back. Paraguayan. According to Tim vickery he is the best defender in the league. Will see if he adapts

Also signed Felipe Anderson from Lazio. Reported 40 million (club record fee) attacking midfielder.

Still rumours of in for defensive midfielder but I’ll take the 7 signings we have made this window. All have improved the depth of the squad

D

Deleted member 1740

Some pictures have been released on twitter / signing announced just awaiting official announcement

West Ham have signed Fabian Balbuena from Corinthians for reported 4 million (release clause) 25 year old centre back. Paraguayan. According to Tim vickery he is the best defender in the league. Will see if he adapts

Also signed Felipe Anderson from Lazio. Reported 40 million (club record fee) attacking midfielder.

Still rumours of in for defensive midfielder but I’ll take the 7 signings we have made this window. All have improved the depth of the squad

Tim Vickery imo is a very good judge of footballers in south america.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tim Vickery imo is a very good judge of footballers in south america.

Agreed normally great judge

He has now signed. From what I can see our club is for once showing some class delaying The announcement of Anderson. If we announced them at the same time Anderson’s fee would overshadow Balbuena as he is “only”4 million, announce him after and he is an “also” signed. Delaying Anderson gives Balbuena time to get his own limelight for signing as his signing is just as important regardless of fee

D

Deleted member 15344

Chelsea have signed Jorginho from Napoli

A few twists in this transfer as all summer it looked like he was going to City but talk that the fee has some compensation for Sarri and City pulled out of it

So with him being a DM does that mean Kante is off to PSG

D

Deleted member 15344

Why would any team voluntarily sell Kante? Does he want to go? Such a good player.

PSG rumoured to want him , he is a Parisian, they won’t mind paying a lot , Chelsea don’t have CL footy and suspect he will be in demand after the WC - can see Kante going and Jorginho the replacement

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Chelsea have signed Jorginho from Napoli

A few twists in this transfer as all summer it looked like he was going to City but talk that the fee has some compensation for Sarri and City pulled out of it

So with him being a DM does that mean Kante is off to PSG

He’s not just a DM, he gets forward a lot more than what Kante is expected to do, so I can see them working and playing together.

Some players can see past just being in the CL for 1 season and being part of the bigger picture.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
PSG rumoured to want him , he is a Parisian, they won’t mind paying a lot , Chelsea don’t have CL footy and suspect he will be in demand after the WC - can see Kante going and Jorginho the replacement

No offence Phil,but your predictions on players potential transfers aren’t the best.
Coutinho & Suarez 🙈
Prob best just to see what pans out 👍🏻

D

Deleted member 15344

I can see the sense but if you are Chelsea then you would do all you could to keep him. Best player in the world in his position.
Oh agree he is outstanding as a player and clear best DM around hence why I think PSG will look to him - it fills a gap in their squad and brings him home.

Certainly going to be an interesting summer for Chelsea with the new manager and players arriving or going - it’s a nice two year cycle :D

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh agree he is outstanding as a player and clear best DM around hence why I think PSG will look to him - it fills a gap in their squad and brings him home.

Certainly going to be an interesting summer for Chelsea with the new manager and players arriving or going - it’s a nice two year cycle :D

Does it really matter how long a cycle it is. It still brings in trophies, it stops, people are replaced and we go again. The same thing happens at Anfield. Only with two minor differences. The cycle may be longer and with no recent trophies. You just worry about what happens at your club and let the events at the other 91 clubs go over your head and pan out in their own way

D

Deleted member 15344

Does it really matter how long a cycle it is. It still brings in trophies, it stops, people are replaced and we go again. The same thing happens at Anfield. Only with two minor differences. The cycle may be longer and with no recent trophies. You just worry about what happens at your club and let the events at the other 91 clubs go over your head and pan out in their own way

Sorry - are we not allowed to talk about Chelsea then ? Should people only now talk about the club they support ?