And, we’re off.......2018/2019

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We were in for seri but think we cooled our interest and focused on Anderson. Time will tell but seri looks class!

Really excited about him. Looks a good purchase and definitely a coup. Napoli in particular were very keen and I understand several PL sides were looking at making offers. Let's not make any bones about it, we're a small side and so anything above 12th would be a great season. I think we need to sign Mitrovic (hopefully now the world cup is over.....) and keep key players like Sessignon. As long as we're not in a relegation fight I'll take it

D

Deleted member 16999

Seen one of the goals it was hardly competitive! The gk was off having a cuppa......
It was only arranged 5 days ago as a thank you to the Club and to raise some gate receipts for them.
7th tier in Austrian Football, good for relations with the local community.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44810938

Club record signing complete.. transfer record broken twice in the same window

Rumours that Arnie might be sold to United for 60 million did surface a few weeks ago but seem to have disappeared now. Hope so even though his age I’d rather keep him and sell fringe players like Antonio, snodgrass, byram

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Felipe Anderson is such a good signing. Reckon he could have a very good season, would love him at Everton!

its shocking. cant believe he even came to us but I think thats what you get when you appoint MP as manager

our summer window now looks like this

Fredericks RB former spurs youth 25 yo free transfer (championship right back of year)
Fabinaski GK legend.. 33yo 7 million ish
Diop CB 21yo captain of toulouse in france 22 million (record fee at time)
wilshere CM 26yo free transfer
Yarmolenko Winger 28 yo.. from dourtmound.. 18 million
Balbuena CB 26yo.. captain of corinthians 4 million (tim vickery rates him the best defender in the brazil national league)
anderson 25 yo 40 million brazilian attacking midfielder from lazio which smashes the record from earlier in window

D

Deleted member 15344

Hell of a scatter gun approach and on a lot of risky players - looks like what both Liverpool and Spurs did when we both had a lot of money and also Everton did last year - a lot of players to gel in and a lot not used to the Prem - could be a painful start

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hell of a scatter gun approach and on a lot of risky players - looks like what both Liverpool and Spurs did when we both had a lot of money and also Everton did last year - a lot of players to gel in and a lot not used to the Prem - could be a painful start

spurs bought all players that they could either sell on for not much of a loss and it didnt actually do them any harm

they found Eriksen doing this

didnt cost them much in way of position either

our squad was painfully thin. we have added to it in the way of 7 signings .. even if they all bar 2 (wilshere and fabinaski) stay on the bench that improves us massively because when an injury comes along we can call upon them rather than have to use robert snodgrass..

wont be too painful a start.. liverpool away .. easy :D

D

Deleted member 15344

spurs bought all players that they could either sell on for not much of a loss and it didnt actually do them any harm

they found Eriksen doing this

didnt cost them much in way of position either

our squad was painfully thin. we have added to it in the way of 7 signings .. even if they all bar 2 (wilshere and fabinaski) stay on the bench that improves us massively because when an injury comes along we can call upon them rather than have to use robert snodgrass..

wont be too painful a start.. liverpool away .. easy :D

Thats a lot of money to spend on players to stay on the bench ? Can you afford to spend £40 mil and not play him ?

It harmed Spurs for a couple of years and had to rebuild again cost a manager his job - same with Liverpool and the list of players arent a steller list. If you go back 12 months the same was being said by Everton fans on there signings , we said the same when we spent loads on Downing and Co and then on Markovic and Co - unless a club is spending big its a struggle to get so many to gel, if i was a betting man i would put one on West Ham being in the bottom 5 come Xmas

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thats a lot of money to spend on players to stay on the bench ? Can you afford to spend £40 mil and not play him ?

It harmed Spurs for a couple of years and had to rebuild again cost a manager his job - same with Liverpool and the list of players arent a steller list. If you go back 12 months the same was being said by Everton fans on there signings , we said the same when we spent loads on Downing and Co and then on Markovic and Co - unless a club is spending big its a struggle to get so many to gel, if i was a betting man i would put one on West Ham being in the bottom 5 come Xmas

so many players to gel works both ways.. we actually need the squad depth.. we dont need to put them on the bench that was just an example to say we can still play Arnie, Hernandez.. kouyate, obiang, zabs, rice, cresswell who all have premier league experiance with wilshere and Fabinanski to improve us

what I say is it wont hurt us because its already improved us in depth .. not like spurs who were higher and couldnt do aswell

I see us lining up in a 4 2 2 2 formation that MP used at city before

—————Fabianski

Fredericks Diop Ogbonna masuku

————Wilshere Obiang
——Anderson ——Yarmolenko

———-arnie ——Hernandez

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just on Granada Reports that Everton won 22-0
The clip they showed for the twentieth the keeper was having a fag leaning on the post???
This must be a record score.

D

Deleted member 15344

Stop being belligerent. It is clear to anyone that leaving yourself with a first choice keeper who has zero top level experience is nothing short of negligence. You are talking about competing for the title here. Even Arsenal just secured a quality keeper. I have not said Ward is not good enough, I'm just saying it's a ridiculous unnecessary gamble, and not one that any team seriously expecting to challenge for trophies would make.

So with Lloris making a very high profile error on prob the biggest stage in football and I believe not the first error he has made do you think Spurs will be negligent going into the season with Lloris there - that was a proper howler which thank god for him the world class players in front of him made sure it wasn’t so crucial ?