And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Disappointing 1st goal but a screamer from Salah, terrible substitution bringing on Higuain, if we’re losing the false 9, which we should never have started with, then Giroud should have come on as he works harder and is more instinctive a finisher, runs off Hazard better and is fitter, but then also keep your wingers on!

Chances now coming which proves how poor a decision the false 9 start was, but can’t see us coming back now, we needed one of those early chances to go in, but now Hazard is free, we’ll create more opportunities.

Have had to switch over to a stream on Bein as I couldn’t bare listening to Carragher the spitter anymore.

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
My mates in the away end didn’t see the Salah goal as a smoke grenade was thrown into their end from the Liverpool side, bet we don’t hear anything about that, but if it had been the other way around🤔

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As you were then in the PL run in and a great strike from Salah (but a poor dive too imo). A potential for dropped points well avoided by Liverpool. On the subject of Brighton, hard to come back from a home mullering and a real relegation decider against Cardiff. Warnock will be licking his lips and I think if Brighton lose they'll go down. If they do will they decide Hughton has done all he can for them?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I wouldn’t bet on us being in the top 4, a week ago I thought we could spunk a place as other results let us back into the race, but I think Sarri is only focused on winning the Europa to give us CL football, especially being a trophy-less manager, he wants and needs to personally win something, reverting back to a false 9 today which we’ve struggled with so many games earlier in the season is testament to him not looking at a top 4 place as an equal priority, a win in the Europa will keep him at the bridge another season, which will be painful.

Hiquain is a complete waste of space, not sure what his issue is with a Giroud, but against West Ham he (Giroud) did more in 15mins than Hiquain did in 75, yet is still preferred!

I hope Roman watched that as he needs to rip into the board, kick Sarri into touch and secure our top players and right this season off along with any honours and rebuild. If he’s lost heart in the club, which I don’t think he has, but the Visa scenario obviously has had a massive negative effect, then sell us and let someone else come in and take up the reigns.

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I wouldn’t bet on us being in the top 4, a week ago I thought we could spunk a place as other results let us back into the race, but I think Sarri is only focused on winning the Europa to give us CL football, especially being a trophy-less manager, he wants to win something, reverting to a false 9 today which we’ve struggled with so many games earlier in the season is testament to him not looking at a top 4 place as an equal priority, a win in the Europa will keep him at the bridge another season, which will be painful.

Hiquain is a complete waste of space, not sure what his issue is with a Giroud, but against West Ham he did more in 15mins than he did in 75, yet is still preferred!

I hope Roman watched that as he needs to rip into the board, kick Sarri into touch and secure our top players and right this season off along with any honours and rebuild. If he’s lost heart in the club, which I don’t think he has has but the Visa scenario obviously has had a massive negative effect, then sell us and let someone else come in and take up the reigns.
Surely a high risk strategy and while you should beat Sparta at home this week, no guarantee you can go on and win it and then miss a top 4 and then what for Sarri. Surely that'll be the end for him, not before time in your opinion (and plenty of others saying the same)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I wouldn’t bet on us being in the top 4, a week ago I thought we could spunk a place as other results let us back into the race, but I think Sarri is only focused on winning the Europa to give us CL football, especially being a trophy-less manager, he wants and needs to personally win something, reverting back to a false 9 today which we’ve struggled with so many games earlier in the season is testament to him not looking at a top 4 place as an equal priority, a win in the Europa will keep him at the bridge another season, which will be painful.

Hiquain is a complete waste of space, not sure what his issue is with a Giroud, but against West Ham he (Giroud) did more in 15mins than Hiquain did in 75, yet is still preferred!

I hope Roman watched that as he needs to rip into the board, kick Sarri into touch and secure our top players and right this season off along with any honours and rebuild. If he’s lost heart in the club, which I don’t think he has, but the Visa scenario obviously has had a massive negative effect, then sell us and let someone else come in and take up the reigns.

its ok mate, cant see us getting a result at watford tomorrow night (why are we playing on monday on a european game week, hate to think how much pep et all would be moaning!!!)

Pin-seeker

Visit site
My mates in the away end didn’t see the Salah goal as a smoke grenade was thrown into their end from the Liverpool side, bet we don’t hear anything about that, but if it had been the other way around🤔

Surely Liverpool fans wouldn’t do that 😱😇

Fish

Banned
Visit site
its ok mate, cant see us getting a result at watford tomorrow night (why are we playing on monday on a european game week, hate to think how much pep et all would be moaning!!!)

Just 3 points from your next 2 games puts you back above us, ok Watford away might not be straight forward but you should beat Palace at home🤔 Anything more than 3 points and we’re cooked.

United have Everton away and that could then see us back to 6th with a tougher run in, and meanwhile Spurs stay above everyone, just, with a game in hand.

It’s been a real rollercoaster from 3-6, maybe there’s a few twists and turns to come 👀

D

Deleted member 18121

Big big dose of karma in the goal scorers this afternoon.

Don't think Chelsea played badly, but setup seemed wrong and too reliant on the little man to produce and score. He'll be a massive miss if he goes in the summer.

3 more points and let's see what happens.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Pal of mine has just sent me a lovely photo of that incident doing the rounds. Not good at all. ☹️

D

Deleted member 15344

Excellent performance and what a strike from Mo - 4 games left , City with 5 - Spurs and Utd are their big ones with both going for Top 4 - Christ it’s getting tight. Chelsea certainly need a big overhaul in the summer but they could be banned from signing players. I dont know which team can be favourite for the top 4

Pal of mine has just sent me a lovely photo of that incident doing the rounds. Not good at all. ☹️

Can you post the picture on here because there didn’t seem to be any smoke on telly

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was going to post something incredibly enlightening a little while back, but I'm buggered if I can remember what?
Old age is a cruel, cruel mistress.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
hmm not sure why were playing the monday night game before playing in europe this week :(

odd looking line up, not sure how MN needs a rest but means we get Mustafi at right back. no Ozil or Lacazette either. Understand Laca but cant see him playing Ozil in the week so shouldve used him tonight surely (but doesnt trust him away from home)

hopeful but not optimistic with us having 1 eye on Europe and Watford on a massive high after their recent semi final

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
hmm not sure why were playing the monday night game before playing in europe this week :(

odd looking line up, not sure how MN needs a rest but means we get Mustafi at right back. no Ozil or Lacazette either. Understand Laca but cant see him playing Ozil in the week so shouldve used him tonight surely (but doesnt trust him away from home)

hopeful but not optimistic with us having 1 eye on Europe and Watford on a massive high after their recent semi final
I get the one eye on Europe and outrageous you're playing on a Monday with a Europa game on Thursday so minimal recovery before travelling, but if you lose tonight I think you'll struggle to make top 4. Would another season of Europa league really suffice?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I get the one eye on Europe and outrageous you're playing on a Monday with a Europa game on Thursday so minimal recovery before travelling, but if you lose tonight I think you'll struggle to make top 4. Would another season of Europa league really suffice?

Ive always thought we'd struggle for top 4, but Chelsea and United no better of late. We could always win the Europa of course ;)

As for suffice, its probably what we deserve, theres going to be an overhaul in the squad, may not do us any harm to have another year out of it whilst the squad is rebuilt, albeit will make it harder to attract players in the summer (if we have any money to spend anyway!)