And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 16999

Very convincing in the end against relatively poor opposition, but you only beat what’s in front of you.
Certainly got some talent coming through.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very convincing in the end against relatively poor opposition, but you only beat what’s in front of you.
Certainly got some talent coming through.

Nice to see Barkley take his chance aswell
His career has stalled at Chelsea

I’d love to see him at West Ham really talented player

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Two Chelsea players who struggle to start for Chelsea play brilliant tonight

Time for Sarri to wake up and take note that they have the players available .. use them!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Very good performance after going a goal down. Shame we picked up a couple of silly bookings at the end. Thought Hudson-Odoi was decent enough going forward but his distribution and passing across midfield was dangerous and would be pounced on by better sides. Great to see the likes of Rose and Sterling rise above the racism to deliver emphatic performances but surely now is the time for UEFA to get tough. It isn't the first time it has happened in Montenegro and it was obvious with the media talk that it would happen so why aren't the authorities punishing the FA's and doing more about it

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He seems to have gone backwards this season

If it was the choice of just 2 and all were fully fit for me chillwell and shaw would be my left backs
I think Shaw would be first choice if he hadn't have pulled out of this one. He's better than Chilwell.

Good as Arnold is, it will be a tough job to displace Walker. He's most likely ahead of Trippier now though, just based on season performance. Trips' world cup seems like a distant memory.

Southgate said he heard racist chants and will be reporting it directly via the official channels. Good man.

As for Cardiff, you just have to laugh. We know there are no morals in football, haven't been for years. From 'once a bluebird always a bluebird' to 'what? pay for him? but we never really signed him guv...' Whatever paperwork wasn't ticked off I'm sure would have been sorted out, you know, had he not died. Everybody will be praying for a Cardiff relegation now, which is a quick reversal from possibly feeling sorry for them when Sala went missing and Warnock gave his 'heartfelt' speech about it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Walker is an exceptional right back on his day, and people take him for granted a little bit now because he's been around for so long. Arnold has 8 years on him, so he will definitely get his chance. But I'll be surprised if Walker is not the starting RB at Euro 2020.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Very good performance after going a goal down. Shame we picked up a couple of silly bookings at the end. Thought Hudson-Odoi was decent enough going forward but his distribution and passing across midfield was dangerous and would be pounced on by better sides. Great to see the likes of Rose and Sterling rise above the racism to deliver emphatic performances but surely now is the time for UEFA to get tough. It isn't the first time it has happened in Montenegro and it was obvious with the media talk that it would happen so why aren't the authorities punishing the FA's and doing more about it

When did it haooe in montenegro last? After sterling's goal and celebration last night the pundits stated it wasn't something associated with them.

Had a little Google but can only see last night's news.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I think Walker is an exceptional right back on his day, and people take him for granted a little bit now because he's been around for so long. Arnold has 8 years on him, so he will definitely get his chance. But I'll be surprised if Walker is not the starting RB at Euro 2020.

I'd take TAA all day long.

Walker for me is great going forward but too frequently makes mistakes. Hence him getting dropped for a period recently by City.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tough to get through two banks of four.
We were patient enough and played very well.
Just a few bad balls across midfield that against a top team will be punished.
Sterling has an end product now and looks a different player this season.
Young lads look like the futures bright.

I am not holding my breath for uefa to do something about the racist chants .
They will probably punish Sterling for holding his ears to the chants.
But it seems they may have to do something,should throw them out of the comp.

D

Deleted member 15344

Tough to get through two banks of four.
We were patient enough and played very well.
Just a few bad balls across midfield that against a top team will be punished.
Sterling has an end product now and looks a different player this season.
Young lads look like the futures bright.

I am not holding my breath for uefa to do something about the racist chants .
They will probably punish Sterling for holding his ears to the chants.
But it seems they may have to do something,should throw them out of the comp.

Saw a great response from John Barnes

It was along the lines of maybe we need to sort out the fans in the UK first before maybe jumping the high ground - been plenty of incidents this season of racist abuse directed at players - West Ham and Chelsea to name two

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....olve-racism-at-home-before-blaming-montenegro

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Said this before Ori that Walker has had a below average year for City, his basic skills and decisions have been very very poor. There has been a few at City that have been poor, which is one of the reasons why I think Liverpool will still pip us.
There have been rumours Walker is not happy living in Manchester, whatever the reason he needs to start doing the basics better.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Said this before Ori that Walker has had a below average year for City, his basic skills and decisions have been very very poor. There has been a few at City that have been poor, which is one of the reasons why I think Liverpool will still pip us.
There have been rumours Walker is not happy living in Manchester, whatever the reason he needs to start doing the basics better.
He’s always been iffy imo but his speed has got him out of jail many times.

D

Deleted member 16999

There was fan jailed for 8 weeks, suspended for 2 years, on monday for racially abusing a fan of his own team inside the ground.
His excuse was he was drunk and can’t remember it.
Couldn’t be served a banning order as well from all grounds by the courts as it was during a friendly match and they aren’t covered under the legislation!
Hopefully the club will ban him!
What chance have the players got!

Last edited by a moderator: