And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47696561

Is it just me that finds this a bit in bad taste ? Or pretty much how people expect modern clubs to act
It’s disgraceful. They obviously failed at their first attempt to show that Nantes lied about other clubs interest to raise the price, now trying to worm out of a deal.

Curious as to how poor their insurance must be if they need to go down such routes.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s disgraceful. They obviously failed at their first attempt to show that Nantes lied about other clubs interest to raise the price, now trying to worm out of a deal.

Curious as to how poor their insurance must be if they need to go down such routes.

I hope Fifa fine them 15 million for trying to pull a fast one and award it to nantes.. then make them pay the fee

D

Deleted member 16999

I totally agree it seems disgraceful, but if it’s found he wasn’t a Cardiff player then their insurers won’t be interested and it will be down to Nantes insurers to deal with.
Still a very sad state of affairs and hope his family will be looked after, regardless of how the 2 clubs involved behave.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Will be interesting how other clubs treat the. With regards to fee breakdown too. Could potentially demand payment up front, exclude add ons all together.
Refuse to do buisness with them or better still raise their prices for Cardiff only

What’s 15 million to them ? With the premier league money.. worth that just to not appear classless

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I totally agree it seems disgraceful, but if it’s found he wasn’t a Cardiff player then their insurers won’t be interested and it will be down to Nantes insurers to deal with.
Still a very sad state of affairs and hope his family will be looked after, regardless of how the 2 clubs involved behave.

They announced him didn’t they? Imo if the paperwork hadn’t been signed they’d have pulled out quicker than they have.

Also like I said, they already tried lowering price. Surely you wouldn’t consider that for an invalid transfer?

D

Deleted member 16999

They announced him didn’t they? Imo if the paperwork hadn’t been signed they’d have pulled out quicker than they have.

Also like I said, they already tried lowering price. Surely you wouldn’t consider that for an invalid transfer?
I’m only reading the report, that says it wasn’t sanctioned by the PL due to errors.
How many times have other clubs announced players only for players to fail medicals or international clearance etc.
I’m not taking sides or having sympathy for either club.
We all sadly agree football is a business now and I’d imagine it’s a business decision for both teams, no matter how morally reprehensible we find it.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I’m only reading the report, that says it wasn’t sanctioned by the PL due to errors.
How many times have other clubs announced players only for players to fail medicals or international clearance etc.
I’m not taking sides or having sympathy for either club.
We all sadly agree football is a business now and I’d imagine it’s a business decision for both teams, no matter how morally reprehensible we find it.
I wasn't implying you were on their side as such. I can see my first question may have appeared that way though.

The report certainly looks like they're trying to find a loophole. Does make a mockery of their comments on light of it all though.

Worst of all this is that itll be an unwanted distraction to his family.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s what impresses me most about rice

He makes a mistake, poor pass there but he don’t implode like some have in past. He quickly and cooly just goes and wins the ball back putting the mistake straight out his mind