And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You can’t say he got Dier and Henderson wrong, all you can say is the forced change didn’t does us any harm.
I can say he got it wrong and I think he did get I wrong.
If Dier hadn’t got hurt we would just carry on like the first 20 mins.
We didn’t need two holding players at home when the onus is on us to push forward.

D

Deleted member 16999

We all want to see England solid at the back, creative in midfield and exciting going forward.

Reality is different, we have concerns about the keeper, missing Stones, T A-A and Gomez from the defence, add in a few other injuries and drop outs from the squad it is inevitable going on his record Southgate is cautious, even over cautious.
If Dier recovers I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts the same 11 again on monday, far better Barkley for Dier.

I wouldn’t play Dier and Henderson together, but who comes in? Barkley isn’t regular yet at Chelsea and has only recently got back to decent form, Lingard injured etc young kids currently untried.

It’s a 5-0 win, let’s celebrate that fact rather than say Southgate got it wrong, it was a forced change, very unlikely, imo, he’d of changed either of those until we’d of been 2 or 3 nil up.

Edit:
Southgate just stated Dier going back to Spurs and will be unavailable monday.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We all want to see England solid at the back, creative in midfield and exciting going forward.

Reality is different, we have concerns about the keeper, missing Stones, T A-A and Gomez from the defence, add in a few other injuries and drop outs from the squad it is inevitable going on his record Southgate is cautious, even over cautious.
If Dier recovers I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts the same 11 again on monday, far better Barkley for Dier.

I wouldn’t play Dier and Henderson together, but who comes in? Barkley isn’t regular yet at Chelsea and has only recently got back to decent form, Lingard injured etc young kids currently untried.

It’s a 5-0 win, let’s celebrate that fact rather than say Southgate got it wrong, it was a forced change, very unlikely, imo, he’d of changed either of those until we’d of been 2 or 3 nil up.

Edit:
Southgate just stated Dier going back to Spurs and will be unavailable monday.

I hope rice gets his chance to start. The young players look decent. Maybe rice and Barkley In the middle or Henderson with Barkley in allis roll

We know what Alli and Henderson can do , we looked very good tonight

D

Deleted member 16999

I can say he got it wrong and I think he did get I wrong.
If Dier hadn’t got hurt we would just carry on like the first 20 mins.
We didn’t need two holding players at home when the onus is on us to push forward.
So you are agreeing the change was forced on to Southgate!
Everything after that is hindsight and who’s to say/guess Southgate wouldn’t of been happy with a 1 or 2 nil win in the first game with the 2 of them playing 90 minutes.
We actually agree Dier and Henderson shouldn’t be in the same team, some say neither should be.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So you are agreeing the change was forced on to Southgate!
Everything after that is hindsight and who’s to say/guess Southgate wouldn’t of been happy with a 1 or 2 nil win in the first game with the 2 of them playing 90 minutes.
We actually agree Dier and Henderson shouldn’t be in the same team, some say neither should be.
On present form there are better players.
Henderson played well tonight but only when Dier went off .
Dier brings nothing going forward.
At home the onus is on us to play.
Away against Montenegro are we really going to play two holding players ?
We looked very good going forward so we should play to our strengths.

Southgate picked the team ,I think he got it wrong and the injury to Dier proved it.
It was like the United team under Jose to the team under OGS which one would you want to watch.

D

Deleted member 16999

On present form there are better players.
Henderson played well tonight but only when Dier went off .
Dier brings nothing going forward.
At home the onus is on us to play.
Away against Montenegro are we really going to play two holding players ?
We looked very good going forward so we should play to our strengths.

Southgate picked the team ,I think he got it wrong and the injury to Dier proved it.
It was like the United team under Jose to the team under OGS which one would you want to watch.
You’re judging everything on 17 minutes of football tonight!

Neither of us know if that was Southgates intentions to keep it tight and make sure we didn’t concede.

Dier and Henderson are similar players! If Henderson had been injured it would of looked better as Barkley doesn’t play the same way as him either.

Dier is not going to play monday, already been announced!

Nothing to do with which type of football I or you prefer to watch, Southgate has never played, up to now, the style you’re on about, what makes you think tonight would of been any different.

Looking at the squad he had available, most on here guessing the team last week had Dier and Henderson starting!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That's probably the most ridiculous description and excuse for a prejudice I have ever heard, even on here.

I don't see what relevance a rugby player has to the situation where the body dynamics are entirely different.

The Czech no:2 blocked him and the no:6 took his legs.

On some occasions Sterling, like most players, had gone to ground easily but there was no way that he could avoid hitting the deck on this occasion.

excuse for prejudice? what do you mean by that?

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz! You’re adding nothing, it’s you missing the point!
I googled pointless and a picture of you came up.(y)

Definition of forum in English:
forum

NOUN

• 1A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
    ‘we hope these pages act as a forum for debate’

More example sentences
    Synonyms
    1. 1.1 A website or web page where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings.

My last post stated;

"Talk about it all you want"

Complies with your Google results ref forum.

My last post also stated;

"your opinion doesn't matter and won't change anything".

I haven't seen any decisions reversed yet as a result of your deliberations.

Happy to disagree.
I respect your right to an opinion.

Stay frosty

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Might as well delete this forum altogether then in that case. Since nothing we discuss matters or changes anything. :rolleyes:

I'm starting to wonder why you even signed up here actually? 2334 posts from you, none of which mattered or changed anything.

I can remember defending you when the usual wolves were calling you a tight arse for not coming to a meet.

Not because I know your decision making process, or think you're a standup guy, none of which I could possibly be sure of.

But because I know you were best placed to assess the situation and make the right decision.

Have a great weekend

D

Deleted member 18588

yet again you make an incorrect assumption, no problem with Sterling, as an individual, I clearly dont like divers and hes one of them

Well he sure as hell didn't dive last night.

Last edited by a moderator:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You’re judging everything on 17 minutes of football tonight!

Neither of us know if that was Southgates intentions to keep it tight and make sure we didn’t concede.

Dier and Henderson are similar players! If Henderson had been injured it would of looked better as Barkley doesn’t play the same way as him either.

Dier is not going to play monday, already been announced!

Nothing to do with which type of football I or you prefer to watch, Southgate has never played, up to now, the style you’re on about, what makes you think tonight would of been any different.

Looking at the squad he had available, most on here guessing the team last week had Dier and Henderson starting!
Not on 17 mins I have watched Dier all season and he’s not played that much same for Henderson.
On current form do you think Dier should have played?
I would have played Maddison or Barkley or Rice .and possibly Henderson but not both who started.
We could have guessed the team but two defensive MF at home really.
I think he did it because we were missing key defenders and he tried to protect the back four, but they never really threatened us.
But I am not the manager and it’s only my opinion

D

Deleted member 16999

Decent performance last night and well done to Sterling. I've been very vocal on he's lack of goals in an England shirt so very happy to see him come to the fore. I thought the first 15 minutes were pedestrian and the injury perhaps was the catalyst to come out more.
Exactly, without the injury we’d never know.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A pal of mine is a spurs fan. He has sent me a few photos and videos of the new stadium. Got to say it looks very impressive. Includes the largest bar in Europe. Looks about as full as the emptyhad as well 😁

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Exactly, without the injury we’d never know.
That’s how football works though.
Someone gets injured (Dier) and a young lad gets his chance ( insert several names here) he does well and the other guy dosnt get back in the team .
I hope that’s how this one goes as the young talent we have look really good.
We might not win the Euros with young lads but they will be ready for the World Cup next time.