And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

How was Heaton mate? I reckon if Hart had been in goal the media would of slaughtered him for a couple of your goals.

He made a couple of good saves, no doubt his howler will be shown for a while but on the whole he didnt do too much wrong.

I still think overall he's a better keeper than Pickford. Im not a ingurland fan so im not arsed who plays tbh.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They could have sacked him but what would it actually achieve? Liverpool for example could have swooped in and got him for nothing and used his ability to finish above them

Depends on the situation .. one is quite current in Adam Johnson about to be released .. anyone is free to sign him but with the PR he brings nobody will
Another working men’s club could poach this lad.
Just because he’s a dick dosnt mean he’s not good at his job.
It’s the same as football ,money!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another working men’s club could poach this lad.
Just because he’s a dick dosnt mean he’s not good at his job.
It’s the same as football ,money!

I very much doubt another working mans club would want anything to do with him, and if they did I doubt it would boost them so much compared to football

Landlord to a working mans club or footballer they aren’t remotely comparable

If I did this I’d expect to be sacked and my replacement would be starting their years training as soon as possible .. find another eric at the time..

D

Deleted member 16999

He made a couple of good saves, no doubt his howler will be shown for a while but on the whole he didnt do too much wrong.

I still think overall he's a better keeper than Pickford. Im not a ingurland fan so im not arsed who plays tbh.
Possibly at fault for the first one as well.
I know you’re not the only one on here who’s not and England fan, but I respect your opinion as being honest.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree they can’t stab an innocent member of the public if they are behind bars.
Carrying a knife warning
Second offence six months
Threatening someone with it 12 months.
Actually using it 5yrs.
Killing someone life.
And make them do the time no half sentence.
I will put a few bob in for all Tashys new prisons.

I'd say you are a bit under the mark there...
I know someone that got 7 years for using a knife in a threatening manner... First offence as well...

D

Deleted member 1740

Possibly at fault for the first one as well.
I know you’re not the only one on here who’s not and England fan, but I respect your opinion as being honest.

i thought he did well to get down and get a hand too it though ive only seen it once.

Btw im not basing my opinion on the keepers over the last few weeks, its over the last 2 seasons

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The “victim” lied about what he said in a criminal court. The club spoke to the league about what to do and went above and beyond what they were lead to believe would happen to Cantona. He then received a longer ban than anyone could have expected. What he did was wrong, but he was made an example of because we were the best team at the time.
I remember at the time though people were being banned for life from every ground in the country for violent conduct!
A guy I worked with got one he was an absolute plank.
Cantona got a lengthy ban but not as long as some fans.
Perjury in court is serious but that’s after the fact, but no matter what he said you can’t Kung fu kick someone.
These dickheads deserve all they get but it will be tame as usual.

D

Deleted member 1740

I remember at the time though people were being banned for life from every ground in the country for violent conduct!
A guy I worked with got one he was an absolute plank.
Cantona got a lengthy ban but not as long as some fans.
Perjury in court is serious but that’s after the fact, but no matter what he said you can’t Kung fu kick someone.
These dickheads deserve all they get but it will be tame as usual.

until society changes and the attitudes of these gammons, incidents like todays will increase.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I very much doubt another working mans club would want anything to do with him, and if they did I doubt it would boost them so much compared to football

Landlord to a working mans club or footballer they aren’t remotely comparable

If I did this I’d expect to be sacked and my replacement would be starting their years training as soon as possible .. find another eric at the time..
Wasn’t comparing the two just the money!
If he makes them money?!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Interesting afternoon watching the footie. Had the Villa game on at lunchtime so missed the Liverpool win. Terrible to see a guy get on the pitch and attack Grealish like that but what great karma to see him get the winner. It does beg the argument how much worse it could have been with a knife or other weapon. Another under par performance for me by Chelsea and a good win for Arsenal despite Jon Moss's efforts. The top 6 battle going to the wire but not convinced Chelsea will be there

D

Deleted member 16999

i thought he did well to get down and get a hand too it though ive only seen it once.

Btw im not basing my opinion on the keepers over the last few weeks, its over the last 2 seasons
Can’t be over the last 2 seasons mate,
Heaton’s only made 15 PL appearances in total (including today) due to injury, 2016/17 he had a great season.
It’s probably his bad luck with injuries that’s helped Pickford, and with Heaton now 32 he may not have many opportunities left.

D

Deleted member 1740

Can’t be over the last 2 seasons mate,
Heaton’s only made 15 PL appearances in total (including today) due to injury, 2016/17 he had a great season.
It’s probably his bad luck with injuries that’s helped Pickford, and with Heaton now 32 he may not have many opportunities left.

sorry your right Pope was their cat last season, he had a very good season iirc.

D

Deleted member 16999

sorry your right Pope was their cat last season, he had a very good season iirc.
He had a great season and Burnley got 7th, unfortunately he did his shoulder against Aberdeen in the Europa League and is now 3rd choice, possibly see him or Heaton leaving in the summer.