And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 16999

lol, come on now. You can't actually believe that. He's in the England team because his kicking is brilliant. But his shot-stopping is not great at all. His concentration is poor as well.

The way I see it, Foster has been the best English keeper this season, but he's 35, so Gareth isn't going to look there. Heaton has been the next best, but even he's 32 now I think, so he probably won't get the number 1 shirt either. Those two are far above the rest in terms of shot-stopping. Next best has to be Pope, but that's all based on last season because of his injury and the fact he's now behind Heaton anyway, so he needs a move - if he gets it, I feel the no 1 shirt is up for grabs for him. Butland is somehow still making the squad on Championship performances, which shows you just how poor the selection really is at the moment. If he got a Prem move maybe he'd be a shout for number 1.
Without sounding ignorant, so what! What has Pickford done wrong when wearing the England shirt?

It’s ok saying this guy is this or that guy is that, but I still believe Southgate (the man that matters) has faith in him.

D

Deleted member 1740

lol, come on now. You can't actually believe that. He's in the England team because his kicking is brilliant. But his shot-stopping is not great at all. His concentration is poor as well.

The way I see it, Foster has been the best English keeper this season, but he's 35, so Gareth isn't going to look there. Heaton has been the next best, but even he's 32 now I think, so he probably won't get the number 1 shirt either. Those two are far above the rest in terms of shot-stopping. Next best has to be Pope, but that's all based on last season because of his injury and the fact he's now behind Heaton anyway, so he needs a move - if he gets it, I feel the no 1 shirt is up for grabs for him. Butland is somehow still making the squad on Championship performances, which shows you just how poor the selection really is at the moment. If he got a Prem move maybe he'd be a shout for number 1.

What game was his kicking brilliant? Most games ive seen him, thats one of his main weaknesses.

D

Deleted member 1740

Define recent!
Pickford’s had a decent spell this season, right up to the Derby at Anfield! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

15 games is 3 only 3 months 👍

Prior to his calamity at Anfield his kicking has been suspect.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If you look at average attendance for home games this year compared to stadium capacity, Man City are closer to filling their ground every week compared to Liverpool

😂😂😂😂😂👍
Slam dunk.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I had anfield capacity at 54074, according to www.thisisanfield.com

In short Id say the stats are too similar for you to be giving City a hard time about empty seats.

There does seem to be a a lot of empty seats at the game tonight though.

In essence Steve. city have X number of seats they have that they sell on a game to game basis. They also have a seat sell back scheme where as if I cannot get to a game I can offer my seat back to the club. If they sell it I get £26 back for next years season ticket. So if they get £56 for my ticket, the club makes only £30.
However today, Watford did not sell there full allocation. The top tier was empty so those 1500-2,000 tickets. City sold them at £56 and every £ went to City. So from a business point of view, they are always going to sell them first, before the empty seats in the rest of the ground get sold. Plus put on top of that the game was on the box. My only regret was those in the empty seats did not see City go four points clear.

Forecast Wind tomorrow I see.

D

Deleted member 16999

In essence Steve. city have X number of seats they have that they sell on a game to game basis. They also have a seat sell back scheme where as if I cannot get to a game I can offer my seat back to the club. If they sell it I get £26 back for next years season ticket. So if they get £56 for my ticket, the club makes only £30.
However today, Watford did not sell there full allocation. The top tier was empty so those 1500-2,000 tickets. City sold them at £56 and every £ went to City. So from a business point of view, they are always going to sell them first, before the empty seats in the rest of the ground get sold. Plus put on top of that the game was on the box. My only regret was those in the empty seats did not see City go four points clear.

Forecast Wind tomorrow I see.
More money for the Oil murderers! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tashyboy

Visit site
That decision for the first goal was absolutely awful. Woeful. Yes the defender played it onto Sterling but only because he was forced into playing by Sterling being in an offside position! That's offside all day long and the referee had an absolute mare.

Looking forward to seeing that, coz it was at the end I sit and did not have a clue what was going off

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Without sounding ignorant, so what! What has Pickford done wrong when wearing the England shirt?

It’s ok saying this guy is this or that guy is that, but I still believe Southgate (the man that matters) has faith in him.
I don't understand? England players are chosen on form. Form applies to the matches they play week in week out - for their clubs. From what you're saying, the England front two should still be Crouchy and Welbeck since they always did quite well for England.

D

Deleted member 16999

I don't understand? England players are chosen on form. Form applies to the matches they play week in week out - for their clubs. From what you're saying, the England front two should still be Crouchy and Welbeck since they always did quite well for England.
He isn’t off form though! Yes he’s been inconsistent at times, but he’s still first choice for his Club and still playing ok, were is this English keeper who is playing well week in, week out.

I will put my hand up and say he wouldn’t be my first choice for England if we had a decent keeper, he’s the best of a bad bunch!