And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pickford's still the best keeper in the country. He has his flaws, but he's still the best shot-stopper we've got and his distribution is class.

D

Deleted member 16999

Won't know until the next international.

The ex-Everton keeper coach can only protect him so far.

Anyway leaving England aside you must be getting concerned by his club form.
I don’t think he’s ever let England down, so I can’t see Southgate dropping him.

He’s not having the best of seasons in terms of consistencey, last year I had sympathy for him as the defence was shocking, unfortunately we don’t know which Pickford will turn up.

Just seen the 3 minute Sky showing of todays game. How he wasn’t given a red card today when conceding the penalty is beyond me.

D

Deleted member 1740

Pickford's still the best keeper in the country. He has his flaws, but he's still the best shot-stopper we've got and his distribution is class.

When was that? his kicking is and has been for most of the season awful.

D

Deleted member 16999

He's no better than Joe Hart.

I was listening to Radio Merseyside football phone in on the wireless after the match and the very unhappy bloooos all want rid of him.

I reckon that Heaton and Pope at Burnley are better cats than Pickford.
Mate, There are red noses calling for Klopps head after last week, we both have stupid clueless fans.

D

Deleted member 1740

Mate, There are red noses calling for Klopps head after last week, we both have stupid clueless fans.

Haha i knew it wouldnt be long til you brought us up 🤣🤣 do they want Eddie howe to replace him aswell?

D

Deleted member 1740

Using football phone-ins to justify arguments is and always will be absolutely laughable. They only let people on that have the most extreme and ludicrous of opinions. It's like showing Tweeted opinions from the "man on the street" on the news, utterly irrelevant.

I wasnt using it to back my opinion up.

Just summing up the view of match going bloos today.

Does Radio Merseyside only have phone ins from Everton fans then?

I very rarely listen after our game as i usually go in the cockwell on the way home or walk back to were i leave the car in Tuebrook, by that time its finished.

As a one off i'll make sure to tune in tomorrow and report back👍

D

Deleted member 16999

I very rarely listen after our game as i usually go in the cockwell on the way home or walk back to were i leave the car in Tuebrook, by that time its finished.

Please do, it’ll be important if one of the Burnley keepers prove they should be England’s No1. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 18588

I don’t think he’s ever let England down, so I can’t see Southgate dropping him.

He’s not having the best of seasons in terms of consistencey, last year I had sympathy for him as the defence was shocking, unfortunately we don’t know which Pickford will turn up.

Just seen the 3 minute Sky showing of todays game. How he wasn’t given a red card today when conceding the penalty is beyond me.

His one consistent weakness for both club and country continues to be his tendency to get hands to a shot but then parry it back into play.

Hence the nickname "Jelly wrists".

D

Deleted member 16999

His one consistent weakness for both club and country continues to be his tendency to get hands to a shot but then parry it back into play.

Hence the nickname "Jelly wrists".
That’s one of the kinder nicknames;)

I genuinely don’t see much competition at national level, that’s the worst part.

D

Deleted member 18588

That's a big shout

IMO he never has been our best keeper.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Just give it up La,it’s getting a bit embarrassing now 😉

D

Deleted member 1740

Please do, it’ll be important if one of the Burnley keepers prove they should be England’s No1. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Heaton already has for my money. Since hes came back in Burnleys results have improved massively.

D

Deleted member 16999

That's a big shout

IMO he never has been our best keeper.
But, but, I genuinely don’t think anyone else currently around would of performed any better for England.

Also believe he’s come in for some unfair criticism at times playing for England, ie, the Spain game, we won, he gave away a corner from an error and that was discussed and reviewed to death, the 2 Spanish goals both came from defensive errors and no criticism of the defenders was aired.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
lol, come on now. You can't actually believe that. He's in the England team because his kicking is brilliant. But his shot-stopping is not great at all. His concentration is poor as well.

The way I see it, Foster has been the best English keeper this season, but he's 35, so Gareth isn't going to look there. Heaton has been the next best, but even he's 32 now I think, so he probably won't get the number 1 shirt either. Those two are far above the rest in terms of shot-stopping. Next best has to be Pope, but that's all based on last season because of his injury and the fact he's now behind Heaton anyway, so he needs a move - if he gets it, I feel the no 1 shirt is up for grabs for him. Butland is somehow still making the squad on Championship performances, which shows you just how poor the selection really is at the moment. If he got a Prem move maybe he'd be a shout for number 1.

D

Deleted member 18588

But, but, I genuinely don’t think anyone else currently around would of performed any better for England.

Also believe he’s come in for some unfair criticism at times playing for England, ie, the Spain game, we won, he gave away a corner from an error and that was discussed and reviewed to death, the 2 Spanish goals both came from defensive errors and no criticism of the defenders was aired.

The lack of an outstanding keeper means whoever fills the role will come in for a high level of scrutiny.

On current form I would probably go with Heaton but he's only been back for 10 or so games.

Butland hasn't had a great time at a struggling Stoke and Pope is, I believe, still not fully fit.

That only leaves Gunn at Southampton.