And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 16999

Shouldve been possible when there was the broadcaster for all of it, not a chance now its split across different providers. Can just see Sky not showing any of the sides in Europe on a Sunday so that they can play better in Europe on BT later in the week!
The PL can dictate though, Sky have to agree the live fixtures with them, other countries manage it, it shouldn’t be that difficult.

Not saying don’t pick them, just give a bit more thought to the scheduling.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The PL can dictate though, Sky have to agree the live fixtures with them, other countries manage it, it shouldn’t be that difficult.

never have though have they, have never dared risk the sky high prices the broadcasters pay, broadcasters hold far far too much weight and have done for the last 20 years (as almost any game going fan will tell you over and over). if before the next auction they introduced restrictions based on sides playing europe they know they would lower the price they can charge

D

Deleted member 16999

never have though have they, have never dared risk the sky high prices the broadcasters pay, broadcasters hold far far too much weight and have done for the last 20 years (as almost any game going fan will tell you over and over). if before the next auction they introduced restrictions based on sides playing europe they know they would lower the price they can charge
I don’t see it as restrictions, I see it as a request to help were possible.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

I haven’t been keeping an eye on the championship this year, but when I saw a few weeks ago that he still had the WBA job and that they were in contention for promotion I was really happy that he had been given the chance to get the club back in the premier league after the job he did at the end of the previous season.

It does seem like a strange decision, but hopefully he will get another chance with a different championship club

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I haven’t been keeping an eye on the championship this year, but when I saw a few weeks ago that he still had the WBA job and that they were in contention for promotion I was really happy that he had been given the chance to get the club back in the premier league after the job he did at the end of the previous season.

It does seem like a strange decision, but hopefully he will get another chance with a different championship club

Fourth in the league...:unsure:

D

Deleted member 15344

They are fourth and well in for the playoffs but sacked because they are too far away from the automatic places - joke of decision but shows that the championship is getting as bad as the Prem with sacking managers.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They are fourth and well in for the playoffs but sacked because they are too far away from the automatic places - joke of decision but shows that the championship is getting as bad as the Prem with sacking managers.

arguably its even worse! this decision is utterly appalling for me. they were flying pre xmas, a couple of key injuries/suspensions and a tough fixture list and theyve had a bad few weeks. one bad result today and bang youre fired!!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
arguably its even worse! this decision is utterly appalling for me. they were flying pre xmas, a couple of key injuries/suspensions and a tough fixture list and theyve had a bad few weeks. one bad result today and bang youre fired!!!
Seems a bizarre decision as they are 7 points clear of Bristol City in 7th and two wins, two defeats and a draw in WBA's last five games is hardly a poor run of form especially in the Championship where it seems anyone can beat anyone. I don't see what the board are looking to get from the decision

Another weekend, another Fulham capitulation. Absolutely battered apparently at 1-0 down but got it back to 1-1 and then concede two more. At least it's looking likely Reading will be in the championship so that's 6 points for next season

D

Deleted member 15344

Talking to the baggy in our swindle - it’s down to the owners , demanded his is sacked because they haven’t secured Prem Football already

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Talking to the baggy in our swindle - it’s down to the owners , demanded his is sacked because they haven’t secured Prem Football already
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11698/11660333/west-brom-sack-head-coach-darren-moore
"Cannot guarantee PL football" Sorry but I can't see anyone bar Sheffield United catching the top two and so to be relatively clear at this stage of Bristol City in 7th would seem to be a reasonable effort. Surely the answer would be see where they finish up and what happens in the play off. I fail to see what any new manager is going to do that is going to influence their position further between now and the end of the season. A case of owners expectations exceeding what the side on the pitch can deliver at the moment

D

Deleted member 1740

Crazy decision at WBA. Typical casenof money men getting involved with the football side of the busness/brand.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

wouldnt want to be Dwight Gayle if Moores about currently as expect he may level a fair chunk of the blame at his feet for his suspension! losing 4-0 last week to Leeds pretty much assured them as play offs at best, not convinced they will find a better option to get them out of the play offs though

D

Deleted member 1740

wouldnt want to be Dwight Gayle if Moores about currently as expect he may level a fair chunk of the blame at his feet for his suspension! losing 4-0 last week to Leeds pretty much assured them as play offs at best, not convinced they will find a better option to get them out of the play offs though

Rafa was slated earlier on in the season when he let Gayle and Mitrovic go.