And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

I had anfield capacity at 54074, according to www.thisisanfield.com

In short Id say the stats are too similar for you to be giving City a hard time about empty seats.

There does seem to be a a lot of empty seats at the game tonight though.

Liverpool sell out every week. We do lose seats due to TV and segregation like every other club. No club has full advertised capacity.

D

Deleted member 16999

Just in from an away day, mates kept me upto date with the score on the course, 2nd half wasn’t fun! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Can’t comment on any points raised as I haven’t seen them!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just in from an away day, mates kept me upto date with the score on the course, 2nd half wasn’t fun! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Can’t comment on any points raised as I haven’t seen them!
We should have walked it. Controlled the game but didn't put them away. Pickford had his worst game in an Everton shirt.

D

Deleted member 16999

The clubs sign a tv deal knowing what the rules are. It's disingenuous for them to complain about sky after taking the money.
Potch et al should be complaining about his owner's greed, not the Premier League fixture sec.
You’re missing the point, I agree the teams know the agreement before the season starts, but the live fixtures aren’t chosen then, they are chosen as the season develops.

Therefore, knowing that we have 4 teams in the CL why couldn’t Sky have one of them playing yesterday on TV and one at lunchtime today?

How many times have fans been messed around by Sky moving fixtures, I’m not a supporter of any of the 4 Clubs in Europe, let’s not pretend other countries don’t have TV sponsorship deals, fact is, regardless of money, the PL and FA should be helping our clubs and fans were possible.

D

Deleted member 16999

This could easily go in the random irritations thread. When a manager comes to the PL and then starts complaining about the fixture schedule. Surely they knew about it before they took the job, and the massive salary that goes with it, and if they didn't then they should have done their research prior to taking the job. If you don't like how the PL schedule the fixtures then don't take the job.
I’m not basing this on any manager, it’s my thoughts on looking at results around Europe last night, I can’t see any reason why Sky could not of swapped LPool to today at lunchtime etc.

D

Deleted member 1740

Remember when Ibe was gonna be better than Sterling 🤣

D

Deleted member 15344

I had anfield capacity at 54074, according to www.thisisanfield.com

In short Id say the stats are too similar for you to be giving City a hard time about empty seats.

There does seem to be a a lot of empty seats at the game tonight though.

Which was the only point I was making but as per a comparison always has to be made

D

Deleted member 1740

You’re missing the point, I agree the teams know the agreement before the season starts, but the live fixtures aren’t chosen then, they are chosen as the season develops.

Therefore, knowing that we have 4 teams in the CL why couldn’t Sky have one of them playing yesterday on TV and one at lunchtime today?

How many times have fans been messed around by Sky moving fixtures, I’m not a supporter of any of the 4 Clubs in Europe, let’s not pretend other countries don’t have TV sponsorship deals, fact is, regardless of money, the PL and FA should be helping our clubs and fans were possible.

Why would PL want to help UEFA and their brand?

That said, there's no reason the programming committee cant use their nous and common sense.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
C'mon ref, that's laughable. Really laughable.
That decision for the first goal was absolutely awful. Woeful. Yes the defender played it onto Sterling but only because he was forced into playing by Sterling being in an offside position! That's offside all day long and the referee had an absolute mare.

D

Deleted member 15344

That said, there's no reason the programming committee cant use their nous and common sense.

And also why should the PL change things just to suit 4/5/6 clubs ? What about the other clubs that are affected

The club get millions to pay for top squads to enable to play all those extra games

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If PL teams do well in the CL that strengthens the brand even further. I don't see why the PL wouldn't want to help. They don't, but I don't understand why not.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If PL teams do well in the CL that strengthens the brand even further. I don't see why the PL wouldn't want to help. They don't, but I don't understand why not.

Shouldve been possible when there was the broadcaster for all of it, not a chance now its split across different providers. Can just see Sky not showing any of the sides in Europe on a Sunday so that they can play better in Europe on BT later in the week!

D

Deleted member 16999

Surely the higher the PL profile the more the PL and FA can charge for their product.