And, we’re off.......2018/2019

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK so not Premier league, but I went to Bloomfield Rd today for the first time in 4 years after the Oystons were kicked off the Blackpool board, over 15000 home fans, the biggest home attendance in 40 years, the attendance at the last home game was about 3000. Not the best game of football and we managed a last minute equaliser but what an atmosphere!!

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
OK so not Premier league, but I went to Bloomfield Rd today for the first time in 4 years after the Oystons were kicked off the Blackpool board, over 15000 home fans, the biggest home attendance in 40 years, the attendance at the last home game was about 3000. Not the best game of football and we managed a last minute equaliser but what an atmosphere!!

Really good to hear. :D(y)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Has all the backroom shenanigans been sorted now. Are the Oystons completely out of the picture? Would be good to see them kick on in the final part of the season and squeeze into the play offs. Will there be funds available going forward to strengthen

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

saw the pics on social media from when you scored, great scenes but a long way to go too!

D

Deleted member 1740

Is right Louise, You've got YOUR club back now, enjoy it.

I can't begin to think what its like to turn yourself away from the club you adore but can remember the Hicks & Gillette days protesting etc, being told by other fans of ours to get behind the team, we cant change anything, it's rafas fault for playing Lucas etc etc. Horrible times.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has all the backroom shenanigans been sorted now. Are the Oystons completely out of the picture? Would be good to see them kick on in the final part of the season and squeeze into the play offs. Will there be funds available going forward to strengthen

Hopefully they are gone for good, the club is currently being run by a court appointed receiver after Oyston basically refused to sell any assets to pay the £25million plus debit he still owes to Valerie Belekon. The receivers job is to keep the club running and find a buyer. There is the slight chance that Oyston can raise the money but as he has shown no inclination to so over the last 15 months I cant see how he would change now.

I don't think the playoffs are realistic to be honest, the main thing is to avoid a 12 point deduction which the FL could impose, although at their meeting last week when they could have imposed it, they have said they will wait to see what the receiver says about the situation.

D

Deleted member 18588

He is.

How does it go? Oh yes.

100 top point scoring points to you. ;)

Sorry but I would have to agree with Stu.

If England have to rely upon "Jelly wrists", sorry, Pickford, as keeper then we have problems.

Neither his technique nor temperament are good enough.

D

Deleted member 16999

If England have to rely upon "Jelly wrists", sorry, Pickford, as keeper then we have problems.

Simple question, Is he or is he not currently England’s No1?

Irrelevant if me, you or Stu agree or not. (y)

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Another weekend, another Fulham capitulation. Absolutely battered apparently at 1-0 down but got it back to 1-1 and then concede two more. At least it's looking likely Reading will be in the championship so that's 6 points for next season
Not a capitulation Homer. Leicester dominated the first half and should have taken better advantage of a number of good situations to be more than one up at half time. Poor judgement from Chilwell and a deflected shot got Fulham back into it and Fulham got heart and looked the more likely until a break away with 10 mins to go and Vardy did what he does best. First win I’ve witnessed at the KP since December.

D

Deleted member 15344

A45BDC53-0110-4F76-9C84-787536F97AC4.jpeg

Arms too short 🤔😀

D

Deleted member 18588

Simple question, Is he or is he not currently England’s No1?

Irrelevant if me, you or Stu agree or not. (y)

Won't know until the next international.

The ex-Everton keeper coach can only protect him so far.

Anyway leaving England aside you must be getting concerned by his club form.

D

Deleted member 1740

He's no better than Joe Hart.

I was listening to Radio Merseyside football phone in on the wireless after the match and the very unhappy bloooos all want rid of him.

I reckon that Heaton and Pope at Burnley are better cats than Pickford.