And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
No one is really surprised - been caught once and no doubt caught again

A club clearly lacking in morals - under investigation by the FA and UEFA , all about that oil money , imagine if it results in transfer bans and banning from CL. Maybe money can’t buy everything

Would still Follow them though. Through thick and thin. Had plenty of the thin bit. Think the owners passed the fit and proper bit. Didnt they.
Remember the old days when every year it was the big four challenging for trophies. Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd and Liverpool. When i say four i meant three coz Liverpool never really won owt But, For other clubs it was boring.
FFP came in because the top clubs throughout Europe wanted to protect the status Quo. When i say SQ i mean protect the money they were collecting. They never wanted another pigs snout in the trough. So UEFA in trying to protect the top clubs money has stopped CITY, PSG spending there owners money. Teams like Spurs and City have got a reluctant seat at the top table much to the disgust of some clubs and some fans. Gotta get used to it coz i think its gonna be for some time.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
At the end of the day for every (well most) fans on here, whoever wins the PL, CL, Europa League or FA Cup, as long as it's their team, history is only going to show it was their side. You never see a mention of City, Chelsea etc winning the title but it was a farce because of their backing. It just says PL winners. Some on here are so obsessed by their rivals and what they are doing and how they are going about it. Maybe they need to be looking at their own teams performances, their run in, injuries and wondering if its going to happen or not. Support your own team, have some banter with rivals (especially if you get a result) but I fail to see how having a bitch about how they get their cash and how they use it is serving any purpose. What you going, write to the club and ask them not to use the cash next season?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
No one is really surprised - been caught once and no doubt caught again

A club clearly lacking in morals - under investigation by the FA and UEFA , all about that oil money , imagine if it results in transfer bans and banning from CL. Maybe money can’t buy everything

Fancy that,a club lacking in Morals 🙄

LiverpoolPhil everybody 😳👏👏👏

D

Deleted member 15344

Would still Follow them though. Through thick and thin. Had plenty of the thin bit. Think the owners passed the fit and proper bit. Didnt they.
Remember the old days when every year it was the big four challenging for trophies. Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd and Liverpool. When i say four i meant three coz Liverpool never really won owt But, For other clubs it was boring.
FFP came in because the top clubs throughout Europe wanted to protect the status Quo. When i say SQ i mean protect the money they were collecting. They never wanted another pigs snout in the trough. So UEFA in trying to protect the top clubs money has stopped CITY, PSG spending there owners money. Teams like Spurs and City have got a reluctant seat at the top table much to the disgust of some clubs and some fans. Gotta get used to it coz i think its gonna be for some time.

awwwww poor city :cry: - not being able to do what they want to do and having to follow the rules like everyone else

Not sure why you have inclduing Spurs alongside yourself ? I dont think anyone is "disgusted" at Spurs being in the CL

Oh an we did win something Tashy - the same comp your club appears desperate to win :ROFLMAO:

Tashyboy

Visit site
At the end of the day for every (well most) fans on here, whoever wins the PL, CL, Europa League or FA Cup, as long as it's their team, history is only going to show it was their side. You never see a mention of City, Chelsea etc winning the title but it was a farce because of their backing. It just says PL winners. Some on here are so obsessed by their rivals and what they are doing and how they are going about it. Maybe they need to be looking at their own teams performances, their run in, injuries and wondering if its going to happen or not. Support your own team, have some banter with rivals (especially if you get a result) but I fail to see how having a bitch about how they get their cash and how they use it is serving any purpose. What you going, write to the club and ask them not to use the cash next season?
Thankyou Homer so beautifully put.
PS. Can we buy sessingnon when you go down. Or is it a bit early for that. 🤔😂

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
awwwww poor city :cry: - not being able to do what they want to do and having to follow the rules like everyone else

Not sure why you have inclduing Spurs alongside yourself ? I dont think anyone is "disgusted" at Spurs being in the CL

Oh an we did win something Tashy - the same comp your club appears desperate to win :ROFLMAO:
Sorry Phil but your City obsession and holier than thou act with Liverpool is pathetic. As others have said, your own team has needed to get its house in order https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...saga-finally-reaches-resolution-club-premier/ or https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/new...nd-controversial-sponsorship-deal-tibet-water

Let it go. Focus on Liverpool trying to win the CL and title. If they do, then great. If not accept defeat with good grace

Not a good night for ten man Arsenal now and a big night at home required. At least they have the away goal

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Horrible horrible performance tonight :(

Sokratis brainless (and Xhaka not far behind), strange line up and structure, strange substitutions and just not adjusted at all especially with 10 men

Got everything weve deserved against whats no better than an ok Rennes team.

I guess the 2nd leg becomes our cup final for the season then

Tashyboy

Visit site
Sorry Phil but your City obsession and holier than thou act with Liverpool is pathetic. As others have said, your own team has needed to get its house in order https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...saga-finally-reaches-resolution-club-premier/ or https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/new...nd-controversial-sponsorship-deal-tibet-water

Let it go. Focus on Liverpool trying to win the CL and title. If they do, then great. If not accept defeat with good grace

Not a good night for ten man Arsenal now and a big night at home required. At least they have the away goal

Cheers Homer. Can i leave you to hold the fort for half hour, Emmerdales on in a Minute. Thanks for those links which i never knew about. Am shocked 😳
Maybe City are doing it now coz others were. 😳

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Back from a miserable days golfing 😁 Paul I don't mind the crack and banter but I will be glad when the needle breaks on the stuck record. What was a good natter about a fantastic nights football for an English team ends up being a bitter whinge about a club that's not even playing. Then folk wonder why they don't endear themselves as fans to other clubs.

Arent you one of the ones who bring us into every conversation though?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You’re the only ones (some of you) who go on and on and on and on calling it Oil money and apparently if you win the PL this season at least you’ve done it “the right way”

As for City’s value, if they are now making £500 million a year how much would it cost to buy them? Certainly more than the £200 million they paid. ie they’ve increased the value of City ten fold!

Value and profit are two different things tho.

If you buy for 200 mill, invest 1.5 bill and sell for 2 bill, you dont make 2 bill. You make £300 mill - not 2 bill as you said.