And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

There are none that haven't, at one time or another, benefited from outside finance.

It appears to be scale that creates jealousy.

Nothing to do with being jealous

Right now I’m glad we have owners that prefer the club to work on a self sustaining model - no personal fortune used to buy players and any money spent is money made from good financial deals or player sales - we had a club that someone tried to use leveraged debt at one stage and it nearly ruined the club so I for one certainly wouldn’t wanted an oil billionaire to come bursting into the club and then use his own money and just do a quick spend on players.

Certainly not jealous of City.

D

Deleted member 18588

Right now I’m glad we have owners that prefer the club to work on a self sustaining model - no personal fortune used to buy players and any money spent is money made from good financial deals or player sales - we had a club that someone tried to use leveraged debt at one stage and it nearly ruined the club so I for one certainly wouldn’t wanted an oil billionaire to come bursting into the club and then use his own money and just do a quick spend on players.

Were the older members of your family equally happy in the early 60's when pools money was financing the rise of Liverpool from the Second Division?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Careful Tash, the, over, £400 million Klopp has spent doesn’t count as only oil money is wrong, and if you keep pushing, the Nett Spend table will come out.
Back from a miserable days golfing 😁 Paul I don't mind the crack and banter but I will be glad when the needle breaks on the stuck record. What was a good natter about a fantastic nights football for an English team ends up being a bitter whinge about a club that's not even playing. Then folk wonder why they don't endear themselves as fans to other clubs.

D

Deleted member 15344

Were the older members of your family equally happy in the early 60's when pools money was financing the rise of Liverpool from the Second Division?

I have no idea they never talked about it - I guess because people didn’t talk about owners then - they did talk about the great work of the manager and what he did with the players locally and finding gems. I guess we must have broken all spending records through the 60’s then ?

D

Deleted member 18588

I have no idea they never talked about it - I guess because people didn’t talk about owners then - they did talk about the great work of the manager and what he did with the players locally and finding gems. I guess we must have broken all spending records through the 60’s then ?

Certainly offering wages that others could not afford.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Found your voice then - you were quiet recently when links of Citys potential banning from CL due to FFP - not long after you have already been punished because of financial irregularities- Well done on getting a big sponsor- I’m sure it will be above board like everything else at City has been - it would be a shame to have all that money but a possible transfer issue because of payments ( illegal of course ) made to Sancho

I have no doubt you will go on about the money spent on the area blah blah but that’s all through the same oil back door money as £1bn spent on buying all those trophies - maybe it’s the lack of grace or acceptance that the club is where it is because of oil money or the arrogance that because of that oil money they feel entitled to win as portrayed by yourself when you lost a few games and it was all whinging that things were going against you - City will continue to win trophies and break records but i think for most it will always be tainted

So yes when City do go out it will be a good day for the sport and the Comp just like last night when PSG went out

Edit - as you keep saying - some clubs have history and some clubs make history - you always forget that some clubs buy history

So do you honestly expect me to comment on Der Spiegels hacked emails, der Spiegel who as a newspaper its reputation lies in tatters. Re Buying, you also forget that some clubs buy Nowt as well
What does Salah have to do with Lukaku’s record against Top 6 ?

Salah is a wide player who has done alright since he arrived in the Prem for half the price of Lukaku , being called a one season wonder yet been crucial all season so far sitting second in the goal scoring charts ?

So is it easier to try and deflect as opposed to tackle the point that was made ?
If Everton ever reach the heady heights of meaningfully challenging for trophies, lets see if your as come-day go-day then.(y)

They would of done already, but Liverpool put the Kybosh on that one 👍

D

Deleted member 15344

Certainly offering wages that others could not afford.

I remember seeing a picture recently which showed a wage bill for the players in 61 i think - Hunt was getting something like £20 a week , Callaghan £18 - then the two new players they bought were St John and Yeats both were on around £25 a week because the maximum weekly wage allowed was removed - but Liverpool were still getting 40k plus fans in so could afford to offer a bit more. Do you really think it was the equivalent of City ? Buying a couple of players and then sticking with pretty much the same squad for a decade as the manager built the club back up from the 2nd Div .

Now obviously I can only go by what I have read and seen but do you really think the club did what they did off the back of money ?

D

Deleted member 18588

I remember seeing a picture recently which showed a wage bill for the players in 61 i think - Hunt was getting something like £20 a week , Callaghan £18 - then the two new players they bought were St John and Yeats both were on around £25 a week because the maximum weekly wage allowed was removed - but Liverpool were still getting 40k plus fans in so could afford to offer a bit more. Do you really think it was the equivalent of City ? Buying a couple of players and then sticking with pretty much the same squad for a decade as the manager built the club back up from the 2nd Div .

Now obviously I can only go by what I have read and seen but do you really think the club did what they did off the back of money ?

Average attendance 1960/61 was just under 30,000 which was not exceptional in those days.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
So the player who has scored the 50 quickest goals in the history of the prem at one club, is a 1 season wonder (9 months), even though hes been here over 18 months?

Gone awol now though.

My response was to another post,and right this minute and for the rest of the season I would have Lakaku,just my take on it.
He’s in form Salah is not,it might change it might not.

The trouble with Salahs record is he had such a good 1st season,it’s going to seem he’s not doing so well.

Gets the Liverpool fans chomping at the bit though.
The proper ones not the googlers.

D

Deleted member 16999

OMG more holes than swiss cheese in this argument.

Where is the overwhelming evidence that Liverpool fans have said it has only affected us and not Spurs, Arsenal, Everton and others also. Looking forward to that one.

Id actually go as far as to say that it has affected Arsenal not winning stuff more than us.

So you are saying that the Arabs have made 2 billion in profit out of City - wow. I dont know where to start.
You’re the only ones (some of you) who go on and on and on and on calling it Oil money and apparently if you win the PL this season at least you’ve done it “the right way”

As for City’s value, if they are now making £500 million a year how much would it cost to buy them? Certainly more than the £200 million they paid. ie they’ve increased the value of City ten fold!

D

Deleted member 16999

Good financial deals! Please google Tibet Water & Liverpool FC.

City only the 5th Club to break the £500 million pound barrier from revenues, yes he used his money to get to that level, now they are self supporting and in profit!
Do you believe he should of bought them and made a loss!

D

Deleted member 15344

OMG more holes than swiss cheese in this argument.

Where is the overwhelming evidence that Liverpool fans have said it has only affected us and not Spurs, Arsenal, Everton and others also. Looking forward to that one.

Id actually go as far as to say that it has affected Arsenal not winning stuff more than us.

So you are saying that the Arabs have made 2 billion in profit out of City - wow. I dont know where to start.

I believe their last report had them make £10mil profit so on that curve I think it’s about 200 years before they break even on £2bn ? Is that right - they need to bring in massive amounts of commercial revenue to allow them to break even on the season.

D

Deleted member 16999

I believe their last report had them make £10mil profit so on that curve I think it’s about 200 years before they break even on £2bn ? Is that right - they need to bring in massive amounts of commercial revenue to allow them to break even on the season.
This is were you need to man up and not use the “it’s a forum” card, you’re commenting on posts between 2 individuals, one of which you won’t answer, how is this conversation going to end any other way than you claiming people are obsessed.

Sorry Pete, I’m out can’t be doing a 3 way conversation with 2 of us.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't get the anti-billionaire owner thing, football is now a big-money commercial sport, I'd bloody love it if Mubarak had taken over and invested as much in Everton as he has done at City. Made them into a massive global brand that generates huge revenue, a successful football club with links to clubs all around the world, has built a fantastic training facility, is investing in a sustainable youth programme for their future which is already paying dividends with players like Foden breaking into the first team, I'd take all that any day at Everton.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don't get the anti-billionaire owner thing.
Really?? Repressive regime / money laundering plutocrats buy football club to neutralise public opinion/buy political influence and soft power and you can't see why people think it's a tad off???
I know it's hard to know what the correct moral response is when they take over a club you've supported all your life, but let's not be children about this.