And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Apparently Klopp is Reals number 1 target to become their new manager. Be interesting to see if he can resist the lure of one of a truly massive club.

Right now I don’t think any of the top managers will touch the place unless they are some legend at the club - Klopp , Pochettino etc will avoid the place - pretty much expect Mourinho to go back or for them to look at someone Hierro

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's why a points deduction is probably the only true way forward.
£10k fine is just buttons to Poch, a points deduction will truly hurt!
A points deduction would be disproportionate to the crime in my opinion and too strong a punishment. Particularly if Spurs ended up missing out on Champion's League because of it, that would have an enormous impact on the club going forward. A touchline ban is fine, equivalent to a player getting suspended for two games if he had done the same thing Poch did.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
A points deduction would be disproportionate to the crime in my opinion and too strong a punishment. Particularly if Spurs ended up missing out on Champion's League because of it, that would have an enormous impact on the club going forward. A touchline ban is fine, equivalent to a player getting suspended for two games if he had done the same thing Poch did.

I think points deductions need to come into the game. The respect side of the game is non existent.

I wouldnt dock points on this occasion for a first offence. But I’d have a time scale of at least 1 season (for a manager) if he changes club then the new club has to accept that they have a charge against them.

Financial penalties make no difference to sports stars these days.

D

Deleted member 1740

Remember when Arsenal fans were gloating how they got the easier draw against Monaco, only to lose both legs 😉

At this point in the competition every team has beaten at least one decent side to be there. Cherry-picking is a bit flawed, but you'd still be lying if you said you wouldn't rather play Ajax than say, Barca, Juve/Atletico, or City.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Remember when Arsenal fans were gloating how they got the easier draw against Monaco, only to lose both legs 😉
Well yeah, exactly. As I say, anyone who's got to the quarter finals are no mugs.

I think points deductions need to come into the game. The respect side of the game is non existent.

I wouldnt dock points on this occasion for a first offence. But I’d have a time scale of at least 1 season (for a manager) if he changes club then the new club has to accept that they have a charge against them.

Financial penalties make no difference to sports stars these days.
That seems unfair if someone moves clubs and the new club take a hit for amassed offences at a previous club. But yeah, the fines are always pocket change for the people involved and so pointless. But I think to penalise a club with points deductions it has to be an offence the club as a whole has committed. For example, one thing they do seem to give them out for is financial irregularities, so that makes sense. To punish the entire club for the actions of one person seems unjust to me. Punish that player/manager with longer suspensions if need be.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Right now I don’t think any of the top managers will touch the place unless they are some legend at the club - Klopp , Pochettino etc will avoid the place - pretty much expect Mourinho to go back or for them to look at someone Hierro
Apparently zidane has turned them down when asked if he wanted to return.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Well yeah, exactly. As I say, anyone who's got to the quarter finals are no mugs.

That seems unfair if someone moves clubs and the new club take a hit for amassed offences at a previous club. But yeah, the fines are always pocket change for the people involved and so pointless. But I think to penalise a club with points deductions it has to be an offence the club as a whole has committed. For example, one thing they do seem to give them out for is financial irregularities, so that makes sense. To punish the entire club for the actions of one person seems unjust to me. Punish that player/manager with longer suspensions if need be.

If a player has x amount of yellow or red cards and is transferred, the bans still count right? Imo should be the same for any punishment. I accept it’s harsh, but it has to start somewhere, also a new club has a choice. They can employ someone else. A bit like signing an injury prone player, is it worth the risk?

Ideally though After their first warning they’ll learn and it’ll expire. But if it doesn’t then it’s part of taking a punt on a manager.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If a player has x amount of yellow or red cards and is transferred, the bans still count right? Imo should be the same for any punishment. I accept it’s harsh, but it has to start somewhere, also a new club has a choice. They can employ someone else. A bit like signing an injury prone player, is it worth the risk?

Ideally though After their first warning they’ll learn and it’ll expire. But if it doesn’t then it’s part of taking a punt on a manager.
Yeah but you know about his accumulated suspensions and that he's likely to pick up a yellow, you can't be as certain that he's going to lose the plot and rip a ref's head off. And I don't think there's many players or managers who are doing that regularly are there? This was very much a first offence for Poch for example.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Yeah but you know about his accumulated suspensions and that he's likely to pick up a yellow, you can't be as certain that he's going to lose the plot and rip a ref's head off. And I don't think there's many players or managers who are doing that regularly are there? This was very much a first offence for Poch for example.

Hence why further punishments aren’t likely to occur. I just think that all punishments need to have the threat of points loss at the end of them as it’s the only deterrent to people doing something repeatedly.

So for most it won’t even be a consideration

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

But the manager is the leader and figurehead of the club and should show some level of respect and must, at the same time, be fully accountable for his actions as he is the clubs No.1 representative.
A three point deduction would probably put an end to most future occurrences of this kind of incident.

D

Deleted member 16999

But the manager is the leader and figurehead of the club and should show some level of respect and must, at the same time, be fully accountable for his actions as he is the clubs No.1 representative.
A three point deduction would probably put an end to most future occurrences of this kind of incident.
Agree. Regardless of type of incident, until they starting hitting clubs with point/points deductions they won’t take it serious imo, the fines are peanuts to them and squad sizes mean most have cover for every position for player bans.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Apparently Klopp is Reals number 1 target to become their new manager. Be interesting to see if he can resist the lure of one of a truly massive club.

Spent hundreds of millions and the silver polish tin has still not been opened, why would Real be interested apart from helping the fans throw there hands in the air in celebration of drawing 2-2 v Malaga.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

Not everyone, I was just pleased to be in the comp. 😒

It’s alright though because we can win it loads with a new man at the helm. 😁

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Spent hundreds of millions and the silver polish tin has still not been opened, why would Real be interested apart from helping the fans throw there hands in the air in celebration of drawing 2-2 v Malaga.

Took over a team about 8th in the league and has massively improved them to a point where they have been top for most of the season.

You know the old-fashioned way, not the oil-fashioned way.(y)

D

Deleted member 15344

😂

Pretty good for you

Maybe it’s because has got a team to the CL Final and challenging for the title without using oil money

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Took over a team about 8th in the league and has massively improved them to a point where they have been top for most of the season.

You know the old-fashioned way, not the trophy way.(y)

sorted LB don't think Real Madrid would like that approach though 😁