And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
All this antagonism between football fans is just pathetic. In American sports, there are rivalries but nothing to this extent. Even in hockey last week when John Tavares returned back to New York to play for Toronto after eight years with the Islanders, there was booing and some clever signs being held up but nothing really nasty. His shirt was put in the car park and cars were told to drive over it which was pretty funny.

But the abusive songs, the vile comments, the constant slagging off, it's why I have not seen a soccer game (and I call it that intentionally) for 20 years and would never bother watching another one.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Honestly don't know Slab. I suppose the easiest way would be to find the link on the group of games that the prem league sold to the bidders. Problem is it would get you the number of prem games, but not the championship etc.

I dunno if there's a single solution that works for everyone but I doubt a monopoly broadcaster is the best way to go

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
All this antagonism between football fans is just pathetic. In American sports, there are rivalries but nothing to this extent. Even in hockey last week when John Tavares returned back to New York to play for Toronto after eight years with the Islanders, there was booing and some clever signs being held up but nothing really nasty. His shirt was put in the car park and cars were told to drive over it which was pretty funny.

But the abusive songs, the vile comments, the constant slagging off, it's why I have not seen a soccer game (and I call it that intentionally) for 20 years and would never bother watching another one.

I like the banter, in fact I love it. The vitriolic abuse quite frankly gets under my skin. The fans ( some) are that thick sometimes they don't know what they are singing. City ( and I have not heard it for sometime) used to sing songs about Munich. Yet they were to ignorant to realise that Frank Swift, one of Citys best goalies died in the same disaster covering the Story for Manchester evening news. I still think that football clubs should be pushing towards having family areas for both teams.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I still think that football clubs should be pushing towards having family areas for both teams.
Fully agree with this but they also then need to steward them correctly. Newcastle used to have a great family section, genuinely the way to do it. It was then changed, you are now pretty much in with everyone else, the swearing from the adults is not stopped by the stewards and adults often go in on the kids tickets. How can 2-3 adults go in together to a family section with no child in tow? Proper family areas are great and well done to clubs that do them properly.

Shark, is the issue not distance in the US? Too far for away fans to travel so you only get home fans at a match? Only home fans, nasty chants are a bit pointless? Incidentally, I am not condoning football fan behaviour in this country. I have enjoyed my experiences of watching sport in the US, very family friendly, but equally the atmosphere at Goodison was bouncing yesterday for example and I am not sure you get that recreated in the US. There needs to be a clean up of the unpleasant side of British fans but the good atmosphere created is something worth preserving.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I spent many years watching and reporting on non-league football. I have connections with both Tottenham (my father played for them in 1960/61) and Manchester United (I know the Glazer family well) but still want nothing to do with the sport any longer. The constant cheating, abuse between fans, complaints about officiating, sorry there is nothing appealing about the sport any more. Sad really.

D

Deleted member 16999

I spent many years watching and reporting on non-league football. I have connections with both Tottenham (my father played for them in 1960/61) and Manchester United (I know the Glazer family well) but still want nothing to do with the sport any longer. The constant cheating, abuse between fans, complaints about officiating, sorry there is nothing appealing about the sport any more. Sad really.
What about the Americans who have gone on the rampage in their cities over the last few years when “celebrating” or the constant abuse the Patriots get or the videos of fans fighting in the stadium at literally every College and NFL games?

D

Deleted member 16999

I like the banter, in fact I love it. The vitriolic abuse quite frankly gets under my skin. The fans ( some) are that thick sometimes they don't know what they are singing. City ( and I have not heard it for sometime) used to sing songs about Munich. Yet they were to ignorant to realise that Frank Swift, one of Citys best goalies died in the same disaster covering the Story for Manchester evening news. I still think that football clubs should be pushing towards having family areas for both teams.
Probably doesn’t help getting these sort of tweets off so called “fans”
EC849129-EFF3-4BDB-BA1F-D4059F12D17E.jpeg

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To Sing song like that you have to be a certain kind of person.
Every club has some.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Generally English people tend to have thicker skins than Americans I think. Hate is just other side of the coin of love. We love to hate our rivals as much as we love our own clubs. Even humour in the UK is much more 'savage' (for want of a better word) than in America, so something that would be looked open as an insult there could be considering banter here.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Generally English people tend to have thicker skins than Americans I think. Hate is just other side of the coin of love. We love to hate our rivals as much as we love our own clubs. Even humour in the UK is much more 'savage' (for want of a better word) than in America, so something that would be looked open as an insult there could be considering banter here.

I do agree with it tho it’s pathetic.. we need to move on.. yeah it’s fun to wind up other fans but the pure hatred ones are pAthetic

D

Deleted member 1740

I do agree with it tho it’s pathetic.. we need to move on.. yeah it’s fun to wind up other fans but the pure hatred ones are pAthetic

Yeah, those who use those songs to create a toxic rivalry that hasnt been their pre sky football and investment.

D

Deleted member 16999

In an ideal world you’re correct, but we don’t live in the ideal world, you get the knobheads who thinks it’s big to sing these songs or hate another club because of were they live in the Country.
You yourself have made comments to how you feel about LPool, were’s the line between dislike and hatred and who decides.
Sadly I don’t think Football will ever get past it.

D

Deleted member 16999

Another great deflection.

I've been an admirer and vocal too on here about Everton's great effect they have in the local communities, long may it continue.
Deflection from what? It was in response to all the negativity about the game and mentions the good work done by other clubs such as LPool, Arsenal and Huddersfield.
I’m not the one with the bias and agenda.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In an ideal world you’re correct, but we don’t live in the ideal world, you get the knobheads who thinks it’s big to sing these songs or hate another club because of were they live in the Country.
You yourself have made comments to how you feel about LPool, were’s the line between dislike and hatred and who decides.
Sadly I don’t think Football will ever get past it.

I’ll 100% I don’t like Liverpool ..however I would never for example ignore someone because their Liverpool.. think less of someone for supporting Liverpool or value their opinion less.. where as I know people who would do that

I see people getting the proper hump if their team lose. I mean me and a guy from work fell out for a month because I joked about Liverpool after champs league.. he had a melt down couldn’t take it and was never talking to me again.. he apologised a month later

Yesterday they were winding him up about Everton during game and he was really angry

It’s just a game ffs