And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We will and we do, he went down both times taking the piss claiming he had cramp, he was stretching out his toes trying to get rid of his " cramp". It was the worst time wasting I have ever seen in my life in going to games. There was sod all up with him when he went down.
The worst thing I have read about this is that when a subs board goes up, said player does not have to go off. That needs changing.
When the board goes up it’s because the manager wants him off .
There’s no need to change any rules.
The manager is supposed to be in charge and the players do what HE says.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When the board goes up it’s because the manager wants him off .
There’s no need to change any rules.
The manager is supposed to be in charge and the players do what HE says.

No arguement from me, but a ref can book a player for time wasting for going off slowly, it took over two minutes and nothing happened. What's that all about. If there was confusion. Book Kepa, for the delay in play.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The bigger issue for me now, is, that the Kepa issue has glossed over how rubbish Jorginho was and how crap his penalty was, he's a cocky so and so, who can't defend and his distribution was woeful yesterday and should have been subbed at 60 minutes!

Sarri probably wanted to but Jorginho told him where to stick it........:p

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
old news this Kepa situation..

players have been doing this for years.. Messi famously has refused to come off before

then found this

on the 5th of April 2017, Swansea City were leading 1–0 in Wales against Tottenham Hotspur. As the minutes ticked by, Swansea City stopper, Lukasz Fabianski, held firm stopping shot after shot from the Lilywhites. On the 80th minute, a collision with an opponent striker caused an injury to Fabianski. Play was stopped and he was subject to the discernment of the medical staff, who advised the Swansea manager, Paul Clement, to replace him. Paul Clement acted on the advice and signalled for the substitute goalkeeper to get ready.

However, as his number was being shown, Fabianski threw a big fuss and vehemently refused to get substituted. This back and forth disagreement between the manager and player caused the referee to get involved and clarify the situation. He also took note of how much time had been wasted so as to add in on top of the additional extra time. Since Paul Clement did not want to upset the mentality his stopper, he let him carry on.

Fabianski pulled off an amazing save from Dele Alli to deny Tottenham the equalizer just minutes after the fracas. However on the 89th minute, Dele Alli pounced on a deflection to equalize for Tottenham. Extra time added on amounted to 7 minutes (which would have been significantly lesser if Fabianski had simply agreed to be substituted)

Tottenham scored two goals in the final 7 minutes to seal a comeback 3–1 win and leave Swansea City and particular, Fabianski and Paul Clement wondering, what might have been.

D

Deleted member 16999

old news this Kepa situation..

players have been doing this for years.. Messi famously has refused to come off before

then found this

on the 5th of April 2017, Swansea City were leading 1–0 in Wales against Tottenham Hotspur. As the minutes ticked by, Swansea City stopper, Lukasz Fabianski, held firm stopping shot after shot from the Lilywhites. On the 80th minute, a collision with an opponent striker caused an injury to Fabianski. Play was stopped and he was subject to the discernment of the medical staff, who advised the Swansea manager, Paul Clement, to replace him. Paul Clement acted on the advice and signalled for the substitute goalkeeper to get ready.

However, as his number was being shown, Fabianski threw a big fuss and vehemently refused to get substituted. This back and forth disagreement between the manager and player caused the referee to get involved and clarify the situation. He also took note of how much time had been wasted so as to add in on top of the additional extra time. Since Paul Clement did not want to upset the mentality his stopper, he let him carry on.

Fabianski pulled off an amazing save from Dele Alli to deny Tottenham the equalizer just minutes after the fracas. However on the 89th minute, Dele Alli pounced on a deflection to equalize for Tottenham. Extra time added on amounted to 7 minutes (which would have been significantly lesser if Fabianski had simply agreed to be substituted)

Tottenham scored two goals in the final 7 minutes to seal a comeback 3–1 win and leave Swansea City and particular, Fabianski and Paul Clement wondering, what might have been.
The FA changed the rules after this incident and one at Goodison involving the Spurs keeper (I think) suspected head injuries, concussion etc, the player has to be removed if medical advice says so.

Premier League to introduce new rules on head injuries
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28656263

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Apologies, I remember something about it, I thought he’d been injured clashing with a Spurs player.

yeah injured clashing with the oppo hurt his rib

I guess because it wasnt as big of occasion plus with Sarri under so much pressure and having the spotlight on him the Kepa situation has been blown WAYYY out of proportion

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ah I see, so he could have said nothing at all. But instead of condemning him you’re defending spurs. At least you’reconsistent..... 😂😂
No he certainly didn't say nothing at all. Everybody who saw the footage saw clear as day that Poch was about to walk away, and then something Dean said incensed him and that's when he got right in his face.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
No he certainly didn't say nothing at all. Everybody who saw the footage saw clear as day that Poch was about to walk away, and then something Dean said incensed him and that's when he got right in his face.

He could quite simply have dismissed him (not sent off, just been a little condescending).

Either way, the whole point is refs are meant to be respected, so unles she’s said something absolutely outrageous then there is no defending him.

After a match when sky or whoever are pressing a manager for a reaction and they lose it a little, I’ll support a manager and say that they shouldn’t have to answer leading questions. But during the game and on the pitch the managers and players are meant to be respectful.