And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lacking leaders on the pitch, wouldn’t have happened with JT as captain.

Whether the player thinks he’s ok, the decision was made, totally disrespectful to the mgr, club and Willy.
Technically it wasn’t ,
The FO never put the numbers up.
That’s what Sarri should have told him to do , so keeper can’t come off until his number is on the board.
Very poor from Sarri backing down he should have taken control and told fourth official to put numbers up.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Here’s Sarri’s post match comment:

"You have to speak about football, we played a very good match - there was a misunderstanding because I thought the goalkeeper had cramp so was unable to carry on for penalties but that wasn't the case.
"I needed only to return to be quiet - as I said, the keeper understood I asked for the change for the injury but he didn't need to come off.
"I realised only afterwards when the doctor came back to the bench - I only need to talk to him afterwards to clarify the situation nothing else."

So the Physio was still walking back from behind the goal when Sarri made his decision.
He’s talking rubbish,nobody reacts like him to the story he’s made up.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you ever had cramp?? It can come and go in seconds.

The only embarrassment is the knee jerk overreaction to Chelsea’s lack of communication between the physio and manager.

Sarri clarified later that it wasn’t cramp. It was ‘another physical problem’ he said. Who knows what that really means. :censored:

D

Deleted member 16999

Have you ever had cramp?? It can come and go in seconds.

The only embarrassment is the knee jerk overreaction to Chelsea’s lack of communication between the physio and manager.
No, sorry mate, no one is talking about the Chelsea managements behaviour, the headlines and talk is all about Kepa.

That’s the point about the cramp, couple of minutes to go, he’d gone down twice and Sarri probably didn’t want him having a 3rd bout after the 1st or 2nd pen and then have him standing there hobbling.
Fresh keeper, no issues.

D

Deleted member 1740

No, sorry mate, no one is talking about the Chelsea managements behaviour, the headlines and talk is all about Kepa.

That’s the point about the cramp, couple of minutes to go, he’d gone down twice and Sarri probably didn’t want him having a 3rd bout after the 1st or 2nd pen and then have him standing there hobbling.
Fresh keeper, no issues.

Exactly the media hanging out Kepa to dry.

D

Deleted member 16999

Exactly the media hanging out Kepa to dry.
Nah, sorry mate, there was only one person acting unprofessional in that incident today.

You are, genuinely, the only person I’ve seen or heard defend Kepa’s actions today. It’s irrelevant how Kepa felt, the 4th Official held up the board with his number on and he should of walked off.

D

Deleted member 1740

Nah, sorry mate, there was only one person acting unprofessional in that incident today.

You are, genuinely, the only person I’ve seen or heard defend Kepa’s actions today. It’s irrelevant how Kepa felt, the 4th Official held up the board with his number on and he should of walked off.

Believe it or not, footballers are not robots, they are human’s. There’s a lot of emotion in a cup final, let’s just use a little bit of common sense for once and look at the bigger picture.

I won’t change my opinion on Kepa, it’s how I see that situation.

D

Deleted member 16999

Believe it or not, footballers are not robots, they are human’s. There’s a lot of emotion in a cup final, let’s just use a little bit of common sense for once and look at the bigger picture.

I get that, but he’s still part of a team and the manager is the one who ultimately takes responsibility.

You wouldn’t expect or accept that behaviour from any of your players, I certainly wouldn’t at Everton.

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site

Of course emotion comes in to it but he's a professional and should respect the managers decision to substitute him. Look at Henderson earlier he didn't want to come off and was clearly pissed off about getting subbed but it was nipped in the bud there and then.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did you actually see it? He made sari look like a cant. Spin it how you want. Zero class or respect to a manager
That’s fine but now he has no respect for the fans or public.
He’s saying it’s a mis-understanding but he is lying.

If it was a mis understanding he would just have let him stay on.

They wanted to change keeper for the penalty shootout but he hasn’t got the integrity to say it.

D

Deleted member 1418

Why is everyone getting so worked up about the Kepa situation? I'm a Chelsea fan and I'm not bothered about it.

All I'm bothered about is we lost a Cup final! And whilst I'm pleased our performance was miles better than the last time we played City, I'm still gutted we lost - thought we were good in the second half.

Just hope we put in a similar performance on Wednesday against Spurs and for the remainder of the season.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This Kepa Sarri thing is being blown massively out of proportion. It was only a miscommunication. Sarri thinks Kepa is injured, prepares a sub. Kepa makes it clear he's not injured and doesn't need or want to come off. Sarri doesn't make the sub. It's nothing to do with challenging his authority because he still could have made the sub, but he obviously changed his mind as per the player's indication. Complete non-issue. Just the media trying to create even more sticks to beat Sarri with, as if he doesn't have enough problems.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well am back and grinning from ear to ear. Oh that was a battle. Got to say that Sarri got his tactics spot on. Five across the middle just gave City no room. Nice to see the first one/ trophy bought and paid for.
Talking point though, the Chelsea keeper. If anyone is trying to convince me that it was a mis communication. Not a cat in hells chance. He pulled up with cramp having done sod all. He then pulled up with cramp again. Not injured. The manager then says sub him coz were having penalties. So basically was the keeper taking the piss by faking no injuries or cramp. Kepa took the piss the whole of the game with his goal kick time wasting and substitute scenario. What was an excellent Chelsea performance was overshadowed by Kepas pathetic antics.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It’s not his decision though, that’s why he should of gone to the sideline, even if it’s cramp and you run it off, it can come back instantly and Sarri looked like he didn’t want to take the chance.

I don't think he had cramp, he just wasted time the whole of the game, cannot remember the last time I ever saw a keeper with cramp, never mind twice, especially when he has had a quite game. Sarri never knew he was wasting time and there was sod all up with him, but couldn't take the risk. Sarri is happy with Kepas response after coz he told him he was wasting time. Personally I was glad Willy didnt play, he is a far better penalty stopper. Bit of Karma for Kepa when Agueros poor penalty slid under him. It's not a good way to win via penalties but I cheered more through it being Kepa being in the nets rather than beating Chelsea.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The bigger issue for me now, is, that the Kepa issue has glossed over how rubbish Jorginho was and how crap his penalty was, he's a cocky so and so, who can't defend and his distribution was woeful yesterday and should have been subbed at 60 minutes!

Last edited by a moderator:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
This Kepa Sarri thing is being blown massively out of proportion. It was only a miscommunication. Sarri thinks Kepa is injured, prepares a sub. Kepa makes it clear he's not injured and doesn't need or want to come off. Sarri doesn't make the sub. It's nothing to do with challenging his authority because he still could have made the sub, but he obviously changed his mind as per the player's indication. Complete non-issue. Just the media trying to create even more sticks to beat Sarri with, as if he doesn't have enough problems.

It was a tactical change for me, all the cramp stuff is garbage and a red herring imo.

D

Deleted member 1740

Did you actually see it? He made sari look like a cant. Spin it how you want. Zero class or respect to a manager

Sarri’s doing a very good job of that himself playing Kante out of position.

D

Deleted member 1418

The bigger issue for me now, is, that the Kepa issue has glossed over how rubbish Jorginho was and how crap his penalty was, he's a cocky so and so, who can't defend and his distribution was woeful yesterday and should have been subbed at 60 minutes!

Sorry Robin but from a coaching perspective Jorginho actually had his best game for a while, particularly in the second half when the game opened up a bit more and he had time on the ball and space.

But was helped with that by 2 things - City not bothering to man-mark him; and Kante putting in an immense performance.

Jorginho's penalty was dreadful though!

Last edited by a moderator: