And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

Here’s Sarri’s post match comment:

"You have to speak about football, we played a very good match - there was a misunderstanding because I thought the goalkeeper had cramp so was unable to carry on for penalties but that wasn't the case.
"I needed only to return to be quiet - as I said, the keeper understood I asked for the change for the injury but he didn't need to come off.
"I realised only afterwards when the doctor came back to the bench - I only need to talk to him afterwards to clarify the situation nothing else."

So the Physio was still walking back from behind the goal when Sarri made his decision.

So its a breakdown in communication and Kepa isn’t really the villain people are making him out to be?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Jones has asked him a question then as Souness is replying he starts laughing/smirking because what he’s saying doesn’t go along with sky’s agenda. Jones is showing Souness no respect in that instance, at least let him finish what he was actually saying.

Pretty much everyone agreed that Liverpool missed a trick today. Not just Sky.

D

Deleted member 16999

So its a breakdown in communication and Kepa isn’t really the villain people are making him out to be?
At the least Kepa should of gone to the sideline and explained, the game was stopped, to stand on the pitch and flatout refuse was embarrassing for everyone.
Or is Sarri being the diplomat with his comments.

D

Deleted member 15344

What was the captain doing or the other players or did they leave him just stood there ?

D

Deleted member 1740

Pretty much everyone agreed that Liverpool missed a trick today. Not just Sky.

If my memory serves me right, at that time Souness was saying that a draw isn’t a bad result away at OT.

It seems Liverpool HAD to make a statement today, I think it’s media claptrap for overhyping the “product”.

Yes we were poor in the final 3rd and never created enough against a Yernited side that suffered with injuries but not winning today isn’t the be all and end all.

D

Deleted member 1740

At the least Kepa should of gone to the sideline and explained, the game was stopped, to stand on the pitch and flatout refuse was embarrassing for everyone.
Or is Sarri being the diplomat with his comments.

Kepa waved and put thumbs up as if to say I’m ok to carry on, surely that should’ve been sufficient.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I thought the United v Liverpool was poor. Can't really blame United and Solskjaer did what he could with the injuries and the substitutions but had no cards to play to influence the game late on. Liverpool still don't seem capable of finding that pass in the final third like they were. Is that nerves? Are sides working out how to negate them better? Still think with their run in it's Liverpool's to lose.

D

Deleted member 16999

Kepa waved and put thumbs up as if to say I’m ok to carry on, surely that should’ve been sufficient.
It’s not his decision though, that’s why he should of gone to the sideline, even if it’s cramp and you run it off, it can come back instantly and Sarri looked like he didn’t want to take the chance.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
If my memory serves me right, at that time Souness was saying that a draw isn’t a bad result away at OT.

It seems Liverpool HAD to make a statement today, I think it’s media claptrap for overhyping the “product”.

Yes we were poor in the final 3rd and never created enough against a Yernited side that suffered with injuries but not winning today isn’t the be all and end all.

I agree the game isn't the last word on your challenge. We all know Sky will wan't to keep it appearing as exciting as possible. My only thing i disagree with is his demeanour, like i say, i only caught the back of it, so in this instance he may well of been a little justified, but it won't change my opinion of him as a pundit as he carried on grumbling after. It's not like he's never cut across a colleague mid sentence.

All that said, i think Carra was spot on. At half I expected you to come out and have a real go.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
This for me^^^

Can’t understand why Sarri didn’t just say:
ok cancel the sub,he’s Ok to carry on🤷‍♂️.

D

Deleted member 1740

I thought the United v Liverpool was poor. Can't really blame United and Solskjaer did what he could with the injuries and the substitutions but had no cards to play to influence the game late on. Liverpool still don't seem capable of finding that pass in the final third like they were. Is that nerves? Are sides working out how to negate them better? Still think with their run in it's Liverpool's to lose.

It wasn’t a classic, it was very stop start in the 1st half with the 4 injuries unsettled the game.

I think the last couple of results have been the blip and hopefully we’ve got 2 games to respond quickly next week.

I don’t think it’s nerves, Mane and Salah we’re both poor, Sturridge was the wrong substitution at the time.

Nothing was won or lost with that result today though if we match or better City’s results we win the league.

D

Deleted member 1740

I agree the game isn't the last word on your challenge. We all know Sky will wan't to keep it appearing as exciting as possible. My only thing i disagree with is his demeanour, like i say, i only caught the back of it, so in this instance he may well of been a little justified, but it won't change my opinion of him as a pundit as he carried on grumbling after. It's not like he's never cut across a colleague mid sentence.

All that said, i think Carra was spot on. At half I expected you to come out and have a real go.

Don’t forget, Souness is old school. I’m not a fan of Souness as a man.

I did too. I would’ve liked to have seen us put a few past them in the 2nd half and a win comfortably but don’t forget we didn’t have to win today. Remember all the know all’s after Chelsea game under Rodgers telling us we never had to win that day, why didn’t we just see the game out etc.

Ok there’s a few more games to go than what there was that season but nevertheless.

D

Deleted member 1740

It’s not his decision though, that’s why he should of gone to the sideline, even if it’s cramp and you run it off, it can come back instantly and Sarri looked like he didn’t want to take the chance.

Its a cup final, he’s only being subbed because the manager “thinks” he cant carry on. I’d be questioning why the physio isn’t reporting back to the manager quicker.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Don’t forget, Souness is old school. I’m not a fan of Souness as a man.

I did too. I would’ve liked to have seen us put a few past them in the 2nd half and a win comfortably but don’t forget we didn’t have to win today. Remember all the know all’s after Chelsea game under Rodgers telling us we never had to win that day, why didn’t we just see the game out etc.

Ok there’s a few more games to go than what there was that season but nevertheless.

I think you were more sensible today, should you have wanted to win? Yes, but not at the risk of a loss.
He is the same as Joe Jordan on the bench at Pompey, trying to be the men they were lol

I'm hoping that your front guys fire soon, as they're been good to watch for 18 months. Not sure if it's pressure or a blip. Or simply the fact you've simply played two decent teams and can't hammer em all!

D

Deleted member 16999

Its a cup final, he’s only being subbed because the manager “thinks” he cant carry on. I’d be questioning why the physio isn’t reporting back to the manager quicker.
It was the 2nd time he’d gone down with cramp, Sarri and Zola were going mental on the side, what you’re saying is valid, but at the end of the day it’s Sarri’s decision and the whole episode was embarrassing.

D

Deleted member 1740

I think you were more sensible today, should you have wanted to win? Yes, but not at the risk of a loss.
He is the same as Joe Jordan on the bench at Pompey, trying to be the men they were lol

I'm hoping that your front guys fire soon, as they're been good to watch for 18 months. Not sure if it's pressure or a blip. Or simply the fact you've simply played two decent teams and can't hammer em all!

Possibly a bit of both, though I’ve never seen Mane play that bad in a red/grey shirt.

I think we definitely tried to win, we just never had the patience/composure in the final 3rd and Yernited defended very well tbf.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
It was the 2nd time he’d gone down with cramp, Sarri and Zola were going mental on the side, what you’re saying is valid, but at the end of the day it’s Sarri’s decision and the whole episode was embarrassing.

Probably shows what the players think of Sarri.
Imagine if This happened to Pep or Klopp.
I reckon they’d have dragged him off the pitch.

D

Deleted member 1740

Have you ever had cramp?? It can come and go in seconds.

The only embarrassment is the knee jerk overreaction to Chelsea’s lack of communication between the physio and manager.