And, we’re off.......2018/2019

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If I was Sarri I’d of taken off one of the outfielders for the bench keeper and said to kepa your now not in goal. Jog on

D

Deleted member 1740

Disgraceful behaviour from Kepa, the disrespect not only to Sarri but to Caballero is something I’ve never seen before. I’d be dropping him indefinitely for that. He should have saved Aguero’s poor pen as well, not gonna be a popular lad!

In fairness to Kepa, Sarri was only subbing him because he thought he was injured and Kepa did signal to say he was ok to carry on.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
In fairness to Kepa, Sarri was only subbing him because he thought he was injured and Kepa did signal to say he was ok to carry on.
I get that, but surely at whatever level you play, injured or not, if a manager makes a decision to sub you, you grit your teeth and accept it and come off. You don't like it but you accept it. I think this simply sends wrong messages to the Chelsea fan and does nothing for the manager's position

D

Deleted member 1740

But if the manager decides he doesn’t want to take the risk and keep him on, then the player should come off. Simple.

If it was tactical I’d agree.

The manager is only surmising, Kepa didn’t have no treatment.

Let’s remember it’s the dying seconds of ET in a cup final, no player wants to go off.

D

Deleted member 1740

I get that, but surely at whatever level you play, injured or not, if a manager makes a decision to sub you, you grit your teeth and accept it and come off. You don't like it but you accept it. I think this simply sends wrong messages to the Chelsea fan and does nothing for the manager's position

It’s happened plenty of times when a manager has a player ready to ccome on only for the injured player to say he’s ok and runs it off.

Overreaction for me.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It wasn’t, Dave Jones laughed/smirked as he was giving his opinion after Jones had asked him.

Overreaction again.
Mate Souness had a pop, just because Jones took it in his stride, doesn't make Souness less of a plank.

He's done it a few times this year, if someone disagrees with him, he won't debate he will moan and make snide comments. Just like today when he finished.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Mate Souness had a pop, just because Jones took it in his stride, doesn't make Souness less of a plank.

He's done it a few times this year, if someone disagrees with him, he won't debate he will moan and make snide comments. Just like today when he finished.
Should get him & Roy Keane in the studio together.

D

Deleted member 16999

If it was tactical I’d agree.

The manager is only surmising, Kepa didn’t have no treatment.

Let’s remember it’s the dying seconds of ET in a cup final, no player wants to go off.
Kepa did have treatment, he pulled up after the save from Aquero and the physio came on, I thought it looked like cramp, Sarri then got Cabellero ready and then Kepa kicked off.

D

Deleted member 16999

Just seen ITV4 have live La Liga on. I thought Sky had the rights. No problem as I'm not overly fussed on Levante v Real Madrid but didn't realise ITV had bought any La Liga contracts
1 game per week until the end of the season, announced midweek.

D

Deleted member 1740

Kepa did have treatment, he pulled up after the save from Aquero and the physio came on, I thought it looked like cramp, Sarri then got Cabellero ready and then Kepa kicked off.

Wasn’t that a few minutes before he went down last? Surely the physio has told him it’s only cramp?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
1 game per week until the end of the season, announced midweek.

2nd Choice game each week apparently, which meant their tweet of "welcome back El Classico" is a little bit misleading to say the least. Unless Sevilla V Levante is apparently a bigger game than Madrid v Barca.

D

Deleted member 16999

Wasn’t that a few minutes before he went down last? Surely the physio has told him it’s only cramp?
Here’s Sarri’s post match comment:

"You have to speak about football, we played a very good match - there was a misunderstanding because I thought the goalkeeper had cramp so was unable to carry on for penalties but that wasn't the case.
"I needed only to return to be quiet - as I said, the keeper understood I asked for the change for the injury but he didn't need to come off.
"I realised only afterwards when the doctor came back to the bench - I only need to talk to him afterwards to clarify the situation nothing else."

So the Physio was still walking back from behind the goal when Sarri made his decision.

D

Deleted member 1740

Jones has asked him a question then as Souness is replying he starts laughing/smirking because what he’s saying doesn’t go along with sky’s agenda. Jones is showing Souness no respect in that instance, at least let him finish what he was actually saying.

D

Deleted member 15344

Heard it all on the radio and just seen it - not great from the GK , was that a young lad not wanting to come off in a final or someone showing a manager has lost the players , by all account Sarri nearly got it right today and when a player does that to you then you got to feel sorry for him. Will Sarri walk now and will he now dump the player in the reserves

EBBE13E7-C468-4A85-B801-644E1B085005.jpeg