And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 16999

His arm is down by his side, natural position I would say yes .
It’s a funny one ,either way you could argue the opposite.
The Louis shirt pull ? Stonewall pen but VAR said NO.
It’s not working very well imo.
His arm was away from his body and he’s pulling it in by his side as he turns.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having watched last nights game and the discussions nay rants in Tashyboys house re referees decisions/changing his mind re decisions/ not being able to view decisions on pitch side screens/ VAR etc etc it is something I whole heartedly agree with. Soddin game. If I didn't play golf and watch football I would live longer.
How do u know you would live longer?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
His arm was away from his body and he’s pulling it in by his side as he turns.
The speed of the ball in modern football it’s impossible to guess where it’s going .
I think he’s moving laterally to block the ball but you use your arms for balance.
I can see why they gave it but think it harsh.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
His arm is down by his side, natural position I would say yes .
It’s a funny one ,either way you could argue the opposite.
The Louis shirt pull ? Stonewall pen but VAR said NO.
It’s not working very well imo.

I'll admit it is contentious.

There are normally a few factors on these type - speed of the ball, distance from when it was struck, reaction time, arm position etc.

From what I remember, I think he did have time to move it out the way more then he did - maybe not quick enough to totally avoid any arm contact but enough time to get most of the arm out the way, if not all of it.

As Tashy said, he was moving his body away from the ball path, but to me the crux was that his right arm wasnt moving away at the same speed (if at all), so for me he was leaving it there to be hit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

The speed of the ball in modern football it’s impossible to guess where it’s going .
I think he’s moving laterally to block the ball but you use your arms for balance.
I can see why they gave it but think it harsh.
VAR gave it because it hit his right arm, the Ref gave a corner and changed his mind on their opinion, he couldn’t check because the monitor wasn’t working!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

There are normally a few factors on these type - speed of the ball, distance from when it was struck, reaction time, arm position etc.

From what I remember, I think he did have time to move it out the way more then he did - maybe not quick enough to totally avoid any arm contact but enough time to get most of the arm out the way, if not all of it.

As Tashy said, he was moving his body away from the ball path, but to me the crux was that his right arm wasnt moving away at the same speed (if at all), so for me he was leaving it there to be hit.
I think he did move to the right because he was expecting the shot to go that way.
And let’s be honest he’s not the fastest player in the world.
The monitor not working is a factor though and if the ref can’t see it at pitch side then VAR should not be used until it’s fixed.
After all the ref has the final say no matter what VAR says.

D

Deleted member 1740

The fine appears heavy, but why can’t he just say he doesn’t wish to comment on the Referee’s like other managers do.
Pep was questioned last night after the game about the 2 penalties and just told them he wasn’t willing to discuss them.

emotions probably, its very easy to get caught up in the moment.

D

Deleted member 1740

In the view of the Analyst, definitely not in Law 12 though. It wasnt deliberate so no hand ball and no pen.

We've see pens wrongly given that often that they are now the standard pens.

D

Deleted member 1740

VAR gave it because it hit his right arm, the Ref gave a corner and changed his mind on their opinion, he couldn’t check because the monitor wasn’t working!

The ref had changed his opinion on the opinion of another ref, which is against the VAR guidelines and utterly pathetic.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A new wording on the handball rule is set to be brought in by football's lawmakers and it "will significantly reduce the grey areas" around the offence. (Times - subscription required)

Would like to think this may make things easier/clearer. I doubt it though.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A new wording on the handball rule is set to be brought in by football's lawmakers and it "will significantly reduce the grey areas" around the offence. (Times - subscription required)

I think it's perfectly clear already. Changing it every couple of years is what causes the confusion.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Chelsea have been banned from signing new players for the next two transfer windows !!

That’s a massive hit against them

Hmmm rumours were that Zinedine Zidane was thinking of going if they keep Hazard and he gets £200 million. Looks like that ain't gonna happen. Plus has Hazards bargaining power just got a bit stronger. Dirty Chelsea, you won't see a fine upstanding club like City doin any of that 😁

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well won’t be getting RLC in the summer then

Chelsea will be fine they have so many youngsters who they could turn to and actually become a decent side again

D

Deleted member 18121

Wow, what an impact this could have on chelsea...imagine if Hazard and Willian leave in the summer, higuain is only on loan for 6 months. This could have massive ramifications on them.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

If it’s anything like the offside rule changes it won’t!