And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
VAR was never going to be a fix-all solution because there is still human interpretation. It is just there to give the ref some extra help. I imagine next season will be one long teething period, and it will be written off as a disaster, but by the following season or the one after that we'll reach a point where everyone is used to it and it's become more streamlined with practise.

"If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain." Do you know which 'philosopher' said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she's just a big pair of tits.
Just googled it and Dolly does indeed have a fine pair of rainbows.

Tashyboy

Visit site
The big issue I have with the Otamendi penalty the time he gets to decide what to do, he hasn’t got time to close the player down, his arm is already out and as the player hits the ball, Otamendi has a fraction of a second to make a decision.
The Referee is no more than 10yds away clear view and awards a corner.
Schalke players have nothing to fear screaming for a pen so just like other teams when VAR is in use they’ll appeal the lot.
Then the Ref is denied a replay of the incident and agrees to change his mind, so that decision couldn’t of been clear and obvious.
The bit that did me re the penalty was this and it has never been mentioned. Look at the way Otamendis body is moving. His body is moving away from the ball. It looks like he is actually trying to get out of the way. Which I thought was odd, because shouldn't you be trying to put your body in the way. Was his arm actually going up to meet the ball, nope. Was it stationary, nope. was it in an unnatural position, nope. So for me was it clear it was a penalty, nope.
Now at the end of the day has it affected the result, who knows. If as halve go through them yes it has. If City go through then all is well in the Tash household. But something needs to be learned from this farce.

D

Deleted member 16999

The bit that did me re the penalty was this and it has never been mentioned. Look at the way Otamendis body is moving. His body is moving away from the ball. It looks like he is actually trying to get out of the way. Which I thought was odd, because shouldn't you be trying to put your body in the way. Was his arm actually going up to meet the ball, nope. Was it stationary, nope. was it in an unnatural position, nope. So for me was it clear it was a penalty, nope.
Now at the end of the day has it affected the result, who knows. If as halve go through them yes it has. If City go through then all is well in the Tash household. But something needs to be learned from this farce.
The ball was struck straight at him, 2 foot to the right and the only way it hits him is for him to move towards the ball.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Hundreds to cover 4 lines? How many does Wimbledon use? The technolgy is available.

Because a tennis court is a similar size to a full pitch. Like I say, last I saw hawk eye needed several cameras to cover one goal mouth. So I’d imagine more are needed to cover a full pitch. Of course if the technology is available then you may have a more accurate idea of numbers needed.

D

Deleted member 16999

Because a tennis court is a similar size to a full pitch. Like I say, last I saw hawk eye needed several cameras to cover one goal mouth. So I’d imagine more are needed to cover a full pitch. Of course if the technology is available then you may have a more accurate idea of numbers needed.
Hawkeye uses a few because they cover it above and from the inside of the goal posts.
One camera covering from the corner flag to the half way and to the goal post, 1 on each corner, that’s it, ball in or out of play.
Only chewing the fat Mate, it aint going to happen(y)

D

Deleted member 1740

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47323892

I think the size of the fine is a bit harsh.

It’s mad how in football where people are paid to criticise everyone else’s perforamce yet when a manager has the audacity to suggest the authorities have messed up they excessively punish them.

Tashyboy

Visit site

It’s mad how in football where people are paid to criticise everyone else’s perforamce yet when a manager has the audacity to suggest the authorities have messed up they excessively punish them.

There words not mine.
The FA said Klopp was charged as the comments "questioned the integrity of the referee and/or implied bias".

If memory serves me right, the ref had a stinker that night in favour of Liverpool. Again if memory serves me right Klopp made himself look a plank with his comments especially how fortunate Liverpool were with decisions that night. He would of been better saying nowt as nowt really needed saying.

D

Deleted member 1740

There words not mine.
The FA said Klopp was charged as the comments "questioned the integrity of the referee and/or implied bias".

If memory serves me right, the ref had a stinker that night in favour of Liverpool. Again if memory serves me right Klopp made himself look a plank with his comments especially how fortunate Liverpool were with decisions that night. He would of been better saying nowt as nowt really needed saying.

I’m not defending his comments, I’m just shocked at the size of the fine.

As for his comments, I think he’s right. The ref tried to even the game up with his decisions because of the lino’s mistake with the Mane goal. Also, the Lino got dropped the following week.

That said, managers are asked to sum up the game 10mins after the final whistle by sky and they don’t give managers any easy questions.

The ref never had a stinker in favour of Liverpool, the Lino made 1 massive mistake and tried to make amends at every opportunity.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

I agree that’s harsh
Maybe in the heat of the moment it came out wrong,however imo referees need to be made more accountable for bad decisions

D

Deleted member 1740

How many times do we see refs make a mistake then try and even it out every other decision?

That’s not accusing the ref of cheating.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I’m not defending his comments, I’m just shocked at the size of the fine.

As for his comments, I think he’s right. The ref tried to even the game up with his decisions because of the lino’s mistake with the Mane goal. Also, the Lino got dropped the following week.

That said, managers are asked to sum up the game 10mins after the final whistle by sky and they don’t give managers any easy questions.

The ref never had a stinker in favour of Liverpool, the Lino made 1 massive mistake and tried to make amends at every opportunity.

Trouble is though Stu, is the size of the fine because it is his second fine in two months. I don't know.

D

Deleted member 1740

Trouble is though Stu, is the size of the fine because it is his second fine in two months. I don't know.

The left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing at The FA. But even going off the derby debacle, that’s almost a 500% increase in fines.

Maybe sky and bbc should stop asking about referees and decisions after matches, maybe then it’ll stop.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

You say that Otamendi was moving his body away from the ball.

I seen it like that as well, but whilst his body did that his arm was staying in its position.

My view was that he left a "hard arm" in the way, so we see it different.

Hung by your own petard, Tash?:)

Tashyboy

Visit site
The left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing at The FA. But even going off the derby debacle, that’s almost a 500% increase in fines.

Maybe sky and bbc should stop asking about referees and decisions after matches, maybe then it’ll stop.

Having watched last nights game and the discussions nay rants in Tashyboys house re referees decisions/changing his mind re decisions/ not being able to view decisions on pitch side screens/ VAR etc etc it is something I whole heartedly agree with. Soddin game. If I didn't play golf and watch football I would live longer.

Tashyboy

Visit site
You say that Otamendi was moving his body away from the ball.

I seen it like that as well, but whilst his body did that his arm was staying in its position.

My view was that he left a "hard arm" in the way, so we see it different.

Hung by your own petard, Tash?:)

Not really, I said last night that if it is given against us I would say it was harsh, if it was for us it's fortunate. Not nailed on either way. Listening to Rio Ferdinand, Joleon Lescott and Owen Hargreaves last night they were all adamant it was not a penalty.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not really, I said last night that if it is given against us I would say it was harsh, if it was for us it's fortunate. Not nailed on either way. Listening to Rio Ferdinand, Joleon Lescott and Owen Hargreaves last night they were all adamant it was not a penalty.

But if his body was moving away away from the ball, why didnt his trailing arm also do it as well?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Big fine for telling the truth.
But he knows he is not supposed to do it.
Maybe managers should refuse all interviews after the match, after all the refs don’t have to do it.

D

Deleted member 16999

The fine appears heavy, but why can’t he just say he doesn’t wish to comment on the Referee’s like other managers do.
Pep was questioned last night after the game about the 2 penalties and just told them he wasn’t willing to discuss them.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But if his body was moving away away from the ball, why didnt his trailing arm also do it as well?
His arm is down by his side, natural position I would say yes .
It’s a funny one ,either way you could argue the opposite.
The Louis shirt pull ? Stonewall pen but VAR said NO.
It’s not working very well imo.