And, we’re off.......2018/2019

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
As a complete neutral, what the hell game was that ref watching? Another ref that clearly loves himself and its to be all about him. Also clear the ""expert" Walton has never played the game. When a ball comes at you that quickly just getting anything out of the way is tricky. Great he has 12 million slow mo replays but that's not how it works in real time.
Second one was more clear cut, Fernandinho would have fit in at Twickers with that tackle.

VAR is an issue but players need to calm down and stop hounding the ref, that just makes it take longer.

Ottamendi unlucky, don't see that second yellow was right. Catches the guy on the left knee and he goes down clutching his right ankle.

Great free kick from Sane, what a whip he got on that. King Leo would be proud if that. 😉😄

D

Deleted member 1740

I’d love to hear the thoughts and honest feedback from the English refs that have used VAR so far.

D

Deleted member 16999

I’d love to hear the thoughts and honest feedback from the English refs that have used VAR so far.
They’ll fall back on the old “as long as the correct decision is reached then that’s all that matters”

D

Deleted member 1740

They’ll fall back on the old “as long as the correct decision is reached then that’s all that matters”

I’m taliking about real feedback on how it’s working for them or against them.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m taliking about real feedback on how it’s working for them or against them.
It dosnt really affect them !
It’s like us having a good or bad day at work
It affects the clubs.
Imo it gives them a get out clause.
I still think it can work , but they need to pull their fingers out.

D

Deleted member 1740

I know you are mate, I just don’t think any of them would break ranks until they retire.

It’s not about breaking ranks, it’s about providing the right people with feedback both positive and negative.

Who do you think is pushing for VAR within football the most?

I think it’s Sky and media.

D

Deleted member 1740

It dosnt really affect them !
It’s like us having a good or bad day at work
It affects the clubs.
Imo it gives them a get out clause.
I still think it can work , but they need to pull their fingers out.

Of course it affects them.

If you work in an office and they change the operating systems on the computers you would give both positive and negative feedback to your manager wouldn’t you or just shrug your shoulders and crack on?

Whose they?

D

Deleted member 16999

It’s not about breaking ranks, it’s about providing the right people with feedback both positive and negative.

Who do you think is pushing for VAR within football the most?

I think it’s Sky and media.
Fifa/UEFA & the FA, obviously the media are lapping it up, but don’t think the authorities want any negativity putting out.

Just listening to Walton now discussing all the decisions, Jenas says he could show 15-20 recent examples of the same offence for the 2nd pen this season that hasn’t been given, Walton’s answer back, we can only discuss the decisions tonight because they were right, Jenas just shook his head!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Of course it affects them.

If you work in an office and they change the operating systems on the computers you would give both positive and negative feedback to your manager wouldn’t you or just shrug your shoulders and crack on?

Whose they?
All involved
Inc the players in the Athletico v Juve game they caused the most time arguing with the ref after the decision had been made.
He disallowed a goal for a push (Morata) that you would never get a pen for it was a dive by the CB.
But it took forever.

I think your right though it’s the TV pushing for it most.
It puts added pressure on the decision as it’s scrutinised to death.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Fifa/UEFA & the FA, obviously the media are lapping it up, but don’t think the authorities want any negativity putting out.

Just listening to Walton now discussing all the decisions, Jenas says he could show 15-20 recent examples of the same offence for the 2nd pen this season that hasn’t been given, Walton’s answer back, we can only discuss the decisions tonight because they were right, Jenas just shook his head!

I was all for having a referees opinions on sky and BT, but I find I am getting More wound up listening to there
" following the party line" opinions. It is frustrating for players and fans.

D

Deleted member 16999

Just read this on twitter.

Aguero subbed, martin keown “ you dont see that very often” aguero has been subbed 17 of 21 appearances this season.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
All involved
Inc the players in the Athletico v Juve game they caused the most time arguing with the ref after the decision had been made.
He disallowed a goal for a push (Morata) that you would never get a pen for it was a dive by the CB.
But it took forever.

I think your right though it’s the TV pushing for it most.
It puts added pressure on the decision as it’s scrutinised to death.

For me it just adds even more debate and controversy which the media/tv will love above everyone else.

At the end of the day, and it has been proved already by many incidents that have been reviewed through VAR already with original decisions changed, that it’s still subjective and not a conclusive remedy to getting decisions correct.

Can it help a ref who has possibly been conned or help review an incident he couldn’t see clearly that leads to a decisive goal or situation, yes of course, but can it also simply create doubt watching it a second or third time and still leaving them to make a subjective guess based on inconclusive evidence, which now may be a different decision to his immediate gut reaction in real time, I’d say yes again, but now more times than not they’ll get it wrong as things can be over analysed.

The only winners in this are the media & tv imo.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Great result for City but another poor demonstration of VAR and its use. It should never have taken that long and still had so much doubt over the decision. Will Otamendi's red be a big issue for City going forward (what do you think Tashy?). Have to agree with Pep though and not sure City are really ready for the final stages but if you can keep grinding results out who knows?